HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offensive/Defensive lines changed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
  #26
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,378
vCash: 500
Can't like those lines.

- Eller is more effective as a centerman BY HIS OWN ADMISSION (When you start yourself to admit it, it has to mean how you don't like playing the wing.....)

- Gionta and Gomez had to be separated. You separate the line that work to stick with what doesn't. And I also believe, despite what some would think, that Kostitsyn is more likely to return coasting on a line that doesn't work, that he would do playing with Pleks. The duo was Pleks-Kosty. Not Pleks-Cammy. And as good as Kosty has played so far, I don't believe he has in him to get those 2 going. Might be wrong, we'll see about that.

To me, those lines make no sense, at least the lines that count....the first 2. But he's the professionnal....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:28 PM
  #27
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 500
what has Gomez done to deserve that 1st PP unit? dont get it

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:29 PM
  #28
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
So those were the lines this morning, pretty weird. I don't like Kostitsyn playing left wing, would of much rather have Eller playing there.
Agreed.

At least, our top 6 is looking better.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:35 PM
  #29
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
because Gill is our penalty kill beast
As another poster already mentioned he's overrated. He can't clear the puck to save his life. At even strength he's pretty useless. He practically pinched at the same place Gorges did last game. Moen was left to defend.

Pcard and Subban worked.

Separating Pleks from AK I don't agree with at all and someone else already mentioned that too. AK seems to follow Pleks' work ethic.

And Pleks not on the first pp unit?

I agree with at least moving Eller into the top 6 but why dis-assemble a line that was working?

It will leave the opponent guessing I suppose.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  #30
Ketzlaf
Registered User
 
Ketzlaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
As another poster already mentioned he's overrated. He can't clear the puck to save his life. At even strength he's pretty useless. He practically pinched at the same place Gorges did last game. Moen was left to defend.

Pcard and Subban worked.

Separating Pleks from AK I don't agree with at all and someone else already mentioned that too. AK seems to follow Pleks' work ethic.

And Pleks not on the first pp unit?

I agree with at least moving Eller into the top 6 but why dis-assemble a line that was working?

It will leave the opponent guessing I suppose.
I guess the theory is that the Plek-Cammer duo can hold its own while Kostitsyn could finally give some talent to the GGs. Kostitsyn is able to make plays on his own, which can create opportunities for the other two, much unlike Pouliot, Pyatt, Moen, Darche, etc.

And I don't care much about the PP units to be honest. It's not like we are breaking something that was workign...

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:44 PM
  #31
OpenIceHit
Registered User
 
OpenIceHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Gomez is given all the chances to produce more. If this doesn't work...

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:45 PM
  #32
11Goat11
Inside her
 
11Goat11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Gomez and Gionta get chances, several good ones a game. If Gionta wasn't snakebit Gomez would have a lot more points than he does. It seemed like their line was always incomplete whoever was on it, even though Pouliot and Moen showed some flashes. I predict Akost will help the G's get their game back.

Eller, Pleks, and Cammy is interesting as well, lots of skill and hustle, will be fun to watch.

I went to the Sabres - Bruins game last night, this Montreal lineup will destroy Buffalo, this is my fearless prediction.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:49 PM
  #33
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
what has Gomez done to deserve that 1st PP unit? dont get it
Maybe I'm the only who sees it this way, but we talk about Gomez like he's career "average" center. He's not, he's a prolific playmaker and when he's on, he makes everyone around him better. If you get him going, and then in turn get Gionta going, the team will become exponentially better. So i have no problem with putting him on the 1st pp unit--and besides, the PP hasn't been working anyway, so might as well change it up.

Also, all the changes (ones that i semi-predicted yesterday) make the team more balanced. None of then may work, but if they do we'll be way better off than we were before. We'll have two really good top lines (not just one) and two really good PP units (with 2 legit point shooters). With our team healthy and still amongst the league leaders in points, this is the perfect time to attempt these experiments. If they pay off we could really be a good team, and not just battling for a playoff spot.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:52 PM
  #34
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Eller's chance for glory (if Martin keeps him there more than 3 shifts)

Markov-Cammalleri on the PP should be interesting also!

EDIT : wait... DARCHE on second PP unit? whatever... can't be worse than what we have right now
If Darche goes to the net on cue, he has the size and hands to chip in a few goals. He does it as well as anybody on the roster.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:54 PM
  #35
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can't like those lines.

- Eller is more effective as a centerman BY HIS OWN ADMISSION (When you start yourself to admit it, it has to mean how you don't like playing the wing.....)

- Gionta and Gomez had to be separated. You separate the line that work to stick with what doesn't. And I also believe, despite what some would think, that Kostitsyn is more likely to return coasting on a line that doesn't work, that he would do playing with Pleks. The duo was Pleks-Kosty. Not Pleks-Cammy. And as good as Kosty has played so far, I don't believe he has in him to get those 2 going. Might be wrong, we'll see about that.

To me, those lines make no sense, at least the lines that count....the first 2. But he's the professionnal....
They have scored 1 goal in 2 games, I see no problem shuffling the deck a bit. It's not like they can't go back to the previous lines at any point...but people like to make a big deal with what the lines are at practise.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
  #36
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Maybe I'm the only who sees it this way, but we talk about Gomez like he's career "average" center. He's not, he's a prolific playmaker and when he's on, he makes everyone around him better. If you get him going, and then in turn get Gionta going, the team will become exponentially better. So i have no problem with putting him on the 1st pp unit--and besides, the PP hasn't been working anyway, so might as well change it up.

Also, all the changes (ones that i semi-predicted yesterday) make the team more balanced. None of then may work, but if they do we'll be way better off than we were before. We'll have two really good top lines (not just one) and two really good PP units (with 2 legit point shooters). With our team healthy and still amongst the league leaders in points, this is the perfect time to attempt these experiments. If they pay off we could really be a good team, and not just battling for a playoff spot.
not sure id call him prolific. Fact is, for 3 of the last 4 years, Pleks has been the best center for this team. He deserves the top spot on the PP. Not only isnt Gomez producing but most often then not, he isnt giving us a 2nd effort.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
  #37
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 500
I'm loving the new lines if only to shake up the roster a bit and change things up as they can become complacent.

The only thing I'd knit pick isn't Eller or Kosty on the right but rather Pouliot on the 4th line. I think he's been playing really well lately and has scored some good goals by working hard. I'd rather see him on the 3rd and Lappy on the 4th. That being said, I don't think it makes a big difference in any case. Also, I wish Spacek would be bench for a game just so he can assess how to pull his head out of his ass during the game.

I'm just happy to see some proactive coaching and hopefully it shakes the Habs out of their mini funk. Who knows, maybe we'll find some new line combos that we can put together if things stop working during the playoffs.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:58 PM
  #38
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn will help Gomez and Gionta produce not sure the Plek line will work but will see, Eller will do everything he can to stay on that line. The D pairing could work , I really like Gorges with Markov

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:13 PM
  #39
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
not sure id call him prolific. Fact is, for 3 of the last 4 years, Pleks has been the best center for this team. He deserves the top spot on the PP. Not only isnt Gomez producing but most often then not, he isnt giving us a 2nd effort.
The bottom line is not "who's deserving" it's just "find a way to win." It's all about striking a perfect balance with the talented players on the team. As i've said it before, we're not going to win anything with just one scoring line. This is finally a proactive way of getting the offense going for real.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:16 PM
  #40
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
The bottom line is not "who's deserving" it's just "find a way to win." It's all about striking a perfect balance with the talented players on the team. As i've said it before, we're not going to win anything with just one scoring line. This is finally a proactive way of getting the offense going for real.
ok well Pleks is better than Gomez so he should be on the 1st pp unit, has nothing to do with deserving in this case. put your best players on the ice and Gomez isnt better than Pleks

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:21 PM
  #41
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 500
I dont hate this lineup

Darche will replace gionta in front of the net on the PP
1st PP must produce

cant wait to see next game

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:28 PM
  #42
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
ok well Pleks is better than Gomez so he should be on the 1st pp unit, has nothing to do with deserving in this case. put your best players on the ice and Gomez isnt better than Pleks
Sure Plex is better, but all the same the 1st PP unit has done nothing the first 12 games. And why are you obsessed with putting one guy on a pedestal and the other in the trash? These guys know who's playing better, they also know that you have to change things around some times to get back to winning hockey. Also, Subban coming out on the 2nd unit gives them so much jump that i think they can be just as effective as the 1st unit.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:48 PM
  #43
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,456
vCash: 500
Pleks has produced with pretty much anyone on his line so I don't think his line will have a problem producing, I thought Gomez and Gionta looked a lot better with AK on their line so hopefully we'll have two lines scoring.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:02 PM
  #44
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Sure Plex is better, but all the same the 1st PP unit has done nothing the first 12 games. And why are you obsessed with putting one guy on a pedestal and the other in the trash? These guys know who's playing better, they also know that you have to change things around some times to get back to winning hockey. Also, Subban coming out on the 2nd unit gives them so much jump that i think they can be just as effective as the 1st unit.
not obsessed but im thinking u put your best players together. No offense to Darche, Eller and Hamrlik but they arent exactly top tier players. I dont get why you would leave your best point getter on the 2nd unit is all.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:03 PM
  #45
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Pleks has produced with pretty much anyone on his line so I don't think his line will have a problem producing, I thought Gomez and Gionta looked a lot better with AK on their line so hopefully we'll have two lines scoring.
Exactly. If anything, by making these changes, the coach is telling Plekanec that he has way more confidence in him than Gomez. He's basically saying that Gomez needs help to get going, and that he (plekanec) is the one that needs to help others. I'm really excited with the potential of these new configurations. I loved how hard Eller battled along the boards and behind the net in the 3rd period on Tuesday. I think he'll be effective on the PP.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:04 PM
  #46
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
So those were the lines this morning, pretty weird. I don't like Kostitsyn playing left wing, would of much rather have Eller playing there.
I think the wingers are on the wrong sides

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:07 PM
  #47
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
All I can say is I'm intrigued by it.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:13 PM
  #48
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
not obsessed but im thinking u put your best players together. No offense to Darche, Eller and Hamrlik but they arent exactly top tier players. I dont get why you would leave your best point getter on the 2nd unit is all.
Because he's good enough to carry a weaker unit? The energy that Subban and Plekanec will bring to the 2nd unit will make it very effective imo. Listen, this configuration might not last long, but i think it's worth a shot.

The lines that i proposed yesterday had Plekanec on the 1st unit, so i'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. I had Plekanec manning the point with Markov, with AK-Cammy-Eller up front--and then Subban and Gorges with Gomez-Gionta-Pouliot up front.

Bottom line is that trying to make a more balanced attack on both units is the way to go.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:13 PM
  #49
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,238
vCash: 500
The fact that Darche is in our top 12 is pretty telling...

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:14 PM
  #50
phoque taupe
Registered User
 
phoque taupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 905
vCash: 500
Anyway the PP isnt producing, so it cant be worst.
Of course i would like almost anything before darche, but at leasts hes willing.

imo, id try halpern on the 2nd wave, to at least win one face off in the opposite zone.

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.