HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offensive/Defensive lines changed!

Old
11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Erik Estrada

vCash: 500
Just the fact the opposing Ds consider that Gomez might actually pass the puck to someone else than Gionta helps that line.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
De Montreal
help

Not sure what they expect Pouliot to do on a fourth line with Jeff Halpern and shoolala.

De Montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawktop View Post
Anyway the PP isnt producing, so it cant be worst.
Of course i would like almost anything before darche, but at leasts hes willing.

imo, id try halpern on the 2nd wave, to at least win one face off in the opposite zone.
I think Darche is worth a shot because he's actually scored at least one goal this year by banging in a rebound from in close. He's obviously not as good as someone like Andrew Brunette, but that guy basically doesn't touch the puck until he bats in a rebound on the PP. All you need to do is drive the goalie crazy by screening him, and then when the puck ends up on your stick just whack away. It's role that requires persistence more than anything else, and I think Darche is more than capable at that.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Just the fact the opposing Ds consider that Gomez might actually pass the puck to someone else than Gionta helps that line.
LOL. So true.

You cover Gionta and that line's offensive threat was nullified.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:40 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

I have a feeling we will see an all new Eller tomorrow night, don't think we've come close to seeing what this guy has in his bag o' tricks

That Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
ok well Pleks is better than Gomez so he should be on the 1st pp unit, has nothing to do with deserving in this case. put your best players on the ice and Gomez isnt better than Pleks
Is Pleks really better than Gomez on the PP? I know that with Gomez, you have a better chance to get in the offensive zone with puck possession.

Old
11-04-2010, 02:49 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Cammy on the point is so strange...Why not Kostitsyn on the point? He can wire it.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:55 PM
OpenIceHit

vCash: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
Is Pleks really better than Gomez on the PP? I know that with Gomez, you have a better chance to get in the offensive zone with puck possession.
Not so sure about that! At least when Plek gets into the offensive zone, he creates something. Gomez will just dump the puck in the corner (from what I saw)...

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:58 PM
OpenIceHit

vCash: 677
And is Pouliot THAT bad that he can't even play on the 2nd PP instead of Darche?

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:00 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
As per, well just about EVERYONE'S twitter.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Eller
Gionta - Gomez - Kostitsyn
Moen - Boyd - Lapierre
Darche - Halpern - Pouliot (Pyatt)

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Subban

First PP unit - Cammy will be on the point with Markov.
Second PP unit - Plekanec, Darche, Eller, Subban, Hamrlik

Thoughts?
Gomez and Gionta still together ?...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Not so sure about that! At least when Plek gets into the offensive zone, he creates something. Gomez will just dump the puck in the corner (from what I saw)...
Yes, sometimes, he does that but most of the time, he tries to carry it in. And he too "creates something".

I'm not denying Gomez sucks right now but on the PP, he's still key in distributing the puck and make plays.

Old
11-04-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Cammy on the point is so strange...Why not Kostitsyn on the point? He can wire it.
Cammy played some point in Los Angeles...so he's got experience.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:09 PM
M.C.G. 31
make something up

vCash: 233
I like that they put Eller on the same line as Cammy and Plek. Now he has a great chance to show what he can do when put in a scoring role. I also like the fact that AK is on the line with Gionta and Gomez, and that Subban and Markov aren't on the same pairing and that Gorges is paired up on the top unit with Markov.

11-04-2010, 03:16 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban 76 View Post
I like that they put Eller on the same line as Cammy and Plek. Now he has a great chance to show what he can do when put in a scoring role. I also like the fact that AK is on the line with Gionta and Gomez, and that Subban and Markov aren't on the same pairing and that Gorges is paired up on the top unit with Markov.
they have to give it a couple of games, I hope they will stick with those lines for at least 5 games...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
they have to give it a couple of games, I hope they will stick with those lines for at least 5 games...
Watch Eller make a mistake and sent down to the fourth line or benched in the third.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:52 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
besides skating, i dont think Gomez is better than plek in any facet

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:59 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
besides skating, i dont think Gomez is better than plek in any facet
It's doubtful he's a better skater too. His straight line speed is fast, but pleks is far more shiftier imo.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Not sure what they expect Pouliot to do on a fourth line with Jeff Halpern and shoolala.
Bah he got the majority of his pts with that trio and they were the best trio in term of forecheck and consistency in the last 3-4 games and he has success with the two vets and they produce well at the moment so I don't see why they would change that line. The thing that I don't like is seeing Darche on the PP before Pouliot, but in almost every games Pouliot has seen some PP times so we will see.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Andy

Great mix up by Martin imo. (let me clarify great before people attack me, I mean great because he is at least putting talent where it belongs, finally).

Also, since we've acquired Gomez, I've been dying for him to play with Andrei. Why?

Because Andrei is much of a puck carrier, he's more of a give and go type of player and since he's been with the Canadiens, he's never got to play with a player to compliment his tyle(expect that one year where Kovalev actually decided to play). Having Gomez on the line compliments Andrei's style perfectly. Gomez loves to carry the puck and gains the zone very effectively. Also he loves to pass(as we know) and I felt that Andrei's role as a sniper in the four years he's been on this team has never been exploited, ever.

He's always been the puck fetcher on his line and has always been given secondary attention by his linemates(Kovalev was the primary scorer and now Cammalleri). For some reason I really do think it can work well for Andrei and Gomez. Gomez now has to guys on his line who are not only not afraid to shoot, but they know how to get themselves open. It will be benefiicial for him since he depends on his wingers. I really do think it can work out for the good. I would love to see this but I'm missing the game tomorrow.

As for Eller. Look, he's been given top 6 duty only twice this season(I don't count the OT goal with Andrei). In the Toronto game he blew me away for a 21 year old out of the nhl. Last game, he played extremely well with Cammalleri and Plekanec. He doesn't have to be a permanent solution, but give him a taste and give us a taste. It's the only way he'll know what he needs to improve on.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Belso

Poor Kostitsyn.. Watch this be what kills his scoring touch!! Having to play with Gomez...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Poor Kostitsyn.. Watch this be what kills his scoring touch!! Having to play with Gomez...
Yah what a shame, a player who is primarily a give and go type sniper playing with a give and go center who only likes to pass the puck. Gomez didn't stop Gionta from scoring 28 last year and he certainly isn't the only reason why that line isn't working right now. He is a reason, but the only one. The other reasons are the fact that Gionta is cold, he puts 2 or 3 those empty nets he's had, the complaining in whining is left only to those who continue to complain about Gomez's contract. The third reason is that they don't have another winger to play with. When the third guy on a line with a guy who only passes and a guy who only shoots doesn't have much talent, the entire line become easy to contain. Add a dynamic player ala Andrei, teams have to approach defending the line differently. They need to focus on three players rather than two. Also, Andrei can pass a puck also, so the line become even more dynamic. Andrei can also feed Gionta, but he can also shoot. All Moen and Pyatt knew to do was skate in a straight line and head for the net. They didn't create problems for those defending against them.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:05 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban 76 View Post
Someone needs to let Gill know to stop pinching in at his left point then, because he's constantly making bad pinches and getting caught.. How many times has Gorges defended a 2-on-1 this year? I've counted 5 or 6. Although I think Subban has been our best defenseman this year, I don't want him having to cover for a complete pylon either.

I'm alright with the forward setup. Eller deserves a shot with Plekanec and Cammalleri, he did have his best game as a Hab during pre-season on that line... So it's worth another look.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:20 PM
jamz

I wish those were the D pairings

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Hamrlik - Picard

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Shabutie

Hopefully Andrei plays better on the LW than he did in the past. We haven't really seen him with two good forecheckers since Higgins and Pleks so this should be fun to watch. I think it has the possibility of working but I much prefer Andrei on the RW, it's where he can really do damage...

Also, why has no one *****ed out Cammy? He's been more invisible than Gio and Gommer. All of his shots are offtarget and his one timers are often whiffed. imo hes been the worst of our money players, at least the other 2 have been trying out there and getting chances (they are also better on D as we know).

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:29 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Hopefully Andrei plays better on the LW than he did in the past. We haven't really seen him with two good forecheckers since Higgins and Pleks so this should be fun to watch. I think it has the possibility of working but I much prefer Andrei on the RW, it's where he can really do damage...

Also, why has no one *****ed out Cammy? He's been more invisible than Gio and Gommer. All of his shots are offtarget and his one timers are often whiffed. imo hes been the worst of our money players, at least the other 2 have been trying out there and getting chances (they are also better on D as we know).
Because Cammalleri has points, and while I agree with some of things you said.. He has created some plays, his assists for the most part we're earned and not just "lucky" ones off a dump in the corner or something.

No way he's been more invisible then Gomez. Other then his end-to-end rushes, he hasn't accomplished much this season. I like Gomez, for the record.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote