HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel Cleary

Old
11-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Cleary's only problem has been his linemates, especially the horrible center. Not himself.
Based on the excuses so far (and none really made for Modano) the only reason why the 3rd line has been poor is because of Modano. Incredible what one person can do.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Clearly is one of Babcocks most trusted players... +- is a horrible stat and good coaches look past this...
Cleary is a very talented player..There is a reason why come playoffs he gets ice time while others people watch...
Got a good feeling BABCOCK has a lil more knowledge than the cheap seats in the joe
Sec 108 row 4

not exactly cheap

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:17 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I think the effort's there with Cleary. He's taking the body, he's going to the front of the net and he's solid defensively and eating up PK time. Are the points there? No, but it's not from lack of effort.

Hudler hasn't looked as bad as he's been pegged. Right now, he reminds me a lot of Bertuzzi when he was traded here. It looks like he's thinking about what he should be doing rather than just doing it. He's been away for a year, though, so this had to be expected.

Modano is the guy who bugs me. He's new, yeah, but the effort looks abysmal. I don't know how many times I've seen him streak into a backcheck only to draw up a stride or two short and start whacking at the puck carrier. Either take a serious swing at the guy or take the extra couple of strides to engage him in battle for the puck. The little love taps do nothing.
What this guy said.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Based on the excuses so far (and none really made for Modano) the only reason why the 3rd line has been poor is because of Modano. Incredible what one person can do.
Put Cleary with Dats and Zetts, and he'll produce double than Holmström. But of course, for the team, it's more effective this way to keep the better defensive forward on 3rd line.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Huddy*

Cleary played a better game last night...digging in corners and I really like Cleary w Abs and Mo..

where does that leave Hudler? On the pine still?

Old
11-04-2010, 09:50 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Very good game last night. Hopefully he can continue to do that.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Huddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Very good game last night. Hopefully he can continue to do that.
Does this leave huds scouting games upstairs w malts ?

Old
11-04-2010, 10:13 AM
zetterberg40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddy View Post
Does this leave huds scouting games upstairs w malts ?
Its going to be tough to sit someone on Friday. I still wasnt overly thrilled with Miller last night so maybe Hudler finds himself a 4th line spot? Or they bench Homer for a night... idk... with Modano scoring last night, you almost need to keep him in and see if it turns into something.

Old
11-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Johnny Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Its going to be tough to sit someone on Friday. I still wasnt overly thrilled with Miller last night so maybe Hudler finds himself a 4th line spot? Or they bench Homer for a night... idk... with Modano scoring last night, you almost need to keep him in and see if it turns into something.
Mickey said last night that Babcock said Hudler will play Friday against the Oilers, he said they can use the back to back as an excuse to sit Modano.

Kinda hard to sit anyone right now.........

Johnny Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Huddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Law View Post
Mickey said last night that Babcock said Hudler will play Friday against the Oilers, he said they can use the back to back as an excuse to sit Modano.

Thats not an excuse to sit a forward who has been dying for a goal and got one last night and I watched entire game, and guess what : Mickey did NOT lemme repeat DID NOT mention anything along those lines.

Old
11-04-2010, 02:50 PM
waltdetroit

Tho Mo got a goal, I'll say he didn't look very good on most of the PP time he had

waltdetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:35 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Thats not an excuse to sit a forward who has been dying for a goal and got one last night and I watched entire game, and guess what : Mickey did NOT lemme repeat DID NOT mention anything along those lines.
You are wrong. He in fact said pretty much exactly what Johnny Law quoted. It was after the game during the wrap-up when Ken and Mickey were talking with Keating in the studio.

Mickey DID lemme repeat DID mention it

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Plainwell97

Yes, I also heard Mickey say that.

He also said something along the lines of Clearys game can't be judged by the box score.

Plainwell97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Sadekuuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdetroit View Post
Tho Mo got a goal, I'll say he didn't look very good on most of the PP time he had
That's what the results say too. Top unit, alongside Lidstrom, every single game, ~40 minutes of PP time on the season so far with our best talent... 0 PP points.

Sadekuuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 04:17 PM
DetBigWangs

With all this talk about who's been the problem on the third line and no consensus (although Modano is close) maybe they just aren't good together.

DetBigWangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:58 AM
zetterberg40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Law View Post

Quote:
I dont recall if Mick did say it but Babcock DID SAY IT in the paper that Hudler would be in the lineup for tonights game. I guess we'll wait and see.

Old
11-05-2010, 10:22 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

IF someone sits, it'll be either Miller or Modano. Which is dumb, since Miller has been fine (you can't expect much production from the 4th line) and Modano seemed to show some improvements last game. His time on the PP should be limited as much as possible, since he really slows things down there (Rafalski can't come back fast enough, eh?)

I say Miller sits this game and Modano sits next game (back to back games). They'll need to some shuffling for the guys playing point on the PP, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Huddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
You are wrong. He in fact said pretty much exactly what Johnny Law quoted. It was after the game during the wrap-up when Ken and Mickey were talking with Keating in the studio.

Mickey DID lemme repeat DID mention it
actually you are wrong..it was stated by babs but no matter what i say jaster, you will always find a way to be a smart @$$ to me

Old
11-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Huddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetBigWangs View Post
With all this talk about who's been the problem on the third line and no consensus (although Modano is close) maybe they just aren't good together.
Very true. I do like the Abs-Mo-Cleary line better after 2 games...Just where does this put hudler? I think Hudler needs to be w playmakers and goalscorers for him to be really effective. Therefore, I think if hes put on the 4th line, his production could get worse. Hope this doesnt turn to another leino.....

Old
11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
actually you are wrong..it was stated by babs but no matter what i say jaster, you will always find a way to be a smart @$$ to me
Maybe you should read Johnny Law's post again, because you seem awfully confused. Btw, three of us confirmed that Mickey did in fact say it. Just because you turned off the broadcast before the post-game wrap does not mean it was not said. So, again, you are wrong. Sorry.

And I'm only a smart ass to people who are a smart ass themselves first. So grow some skin and don't dish it out if you can't take it "Always?" I think I've had two exchanges with you, unless you are a sock puppet.

Old
11-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Huddy*

Quote:
Maybe you should read Johnny Law's post again, because you seem awfully confused. Btw, three of us confirmed that Mickey did in fact say it. Just because you turned off the broadcast before the post-game wrap does not mean it was not said. So, again, you are wrong. Sorry.

And I'm only a smart ass to people who are a smart ass themselves first. So grow some skin and don't dish it out if you can't take it "Always?" I think I've had two exchanges with you, unless you are a sock puppet.
good one jaster, good one! you are sooooooooooooooooooooo funny its cracking me up over here...sorry, but i dont blast people like yourself who dont watch "postgame" material. Sorry, shoot me! and theres one more person on here who is backing me up saying mickey didnt say it...soooooo i got a bunch of youts and one whose backing me, ill go w the one whose backing me over you anyday

enjoy the game tonight JASTER

Old
11-05-2010, 12:46 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
good one jaster, good one! you are sooooooooooooooooooooo funny its cracking me up over here...sorry, but i dont blast people like yourself who dont watch "postgame" material. Sorry, shoot me! and theres one more person on here who is backing me up saying mickey didnt say it...soooooo i got a bunch of youts and one whose backing me, ill go w the one whose backing me over you anyday

enjoy the game tonight JASTER
I'm glad I can lighten your day.

I didn't see a single person "back you up" though. Maybe I missed it. Regardless, I still have the game on DVR. I'm watching the post-game right now, taking place mere minutes after the end of the game. Mickey is saying pretty much exactly what Johnny Law said. Again, just because you missed it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Not sure why you want to cling to such a trivial sinking ship. Let go of the ego, Huddy! Let it goooooo!

Old
11-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Huddy*

Quote:
I'm glad I can lighten your day.

I didn't see a single person "back you up" though. Maybe I missed it. Regardless, I still have the game on DVR. I'm watching the post-game right now, taking place mere minutes after the end of the game. Mickey is saying pretty much exactly what Johnny Law said. Again, just because you missed it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Not sure why you want to cling to such a trivial sinking ship. Let go of the ego, Huddy! Let it goooooo!
No ego here jaster, no ego here

ill dvr games just for you next time

go wings

Old
11-06-2010, 05:15 AM
Hollywood

Quote:
Sec 108 row 4

not exactly cheap
Not sure what side u are on... A healthy Cleary is much more valuable that a hudler... Not even a question...
Cleary is one of a few players that can play all 4 lines... and all positions....not many nhl players can can do that...
Not to mention cleary can and will fight if needed.

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:03 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
http://www.freep.com/article/2010103...inst-Predators

They've all sucked, absent a few good plays for each, in their own right. And Abdelkader sure as hell isn't going to change that.
You know I'd have said the same things, but these past two games are proving us wrong so far

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote