HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pac wants to stay in Hamilton all season long

Old
11-04-2010, 05:18 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Nice to hear him say this. I think he will translate well to the NHL. If he rounds out his defensive game he could be the perfect 2nd/3rd line tweener. I still have some faith that he could be a 50-60 pt guy.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Toro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 View Post
But what if the vets also suck? Why not have the youngsters play and learn rather than vets who suck anyways? It's not like there's a player better than Eller sitting out there who should get the spot. Maybe Pouliot or Boyd. But what the **** do "veterans" like Darche and Moen have to offer in a top 6 role?
well after a dozen games JM has already sat some vets down and had discussions and has now mixed up his lines and is giving Eller a shot on a top line after earning it. u see a problem with this?

I sure don't maybe he waited a game or 2 longer than i would have liked but e did his job.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:19 PM
sevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Seriously? Sergei? The guy has an awful attitude, even the players didn't like him. When Pleks calls out your attitude on the media you know you are an awful teammate.

Absolutely NO ONE, thought he was mishandled by Martin. In fact, the vast majority thought Martin was too patient with him.

Eller? The guy has barelyp layed 10 games.

Gui was/is absolutely lazy. The coach in Minny is not too pleased with the guy either.

He is tougher with rookies because he needs to be. The vets are more knowledgeable then rookies. Even then, Did he not bench Hammer? Did he not warn Spacek?

You do not have to like Martin, but to think he is an idiot? Oh the irony.
so, you kind of proved my point. Sergie didn't start with a bad attitude. He was better earlier in his career. He wasn't always in the dog house. It grew to be bitter. What caused it?

Latendresse, lazy. sure. but isn't that part of the coaches job, to motivate. to find out what works best and get the best out of the player.

Warn Spacek.. hahaha. yeah the stern warning really helped spacek get better, he was brilliant in the last game.

At work, there is a saying. "they are only as good as we train them to be". If our employees are not doing the job, or have attitude or are lazy, it is because of us. We need to find the problem and fix it. We are responsible for those under us. There is no passing the buck here. If someone is failing it is up to the management to fix it. Whether it be through being stern or supportive.

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:39 PM
No Team Needed

Jacques Martin has no choice on which players he is given to coach.

Martin plays to win, and plays to make the playoffs. He does not play to allow young player to make constant errors. That's what the AHL is for.

If you want the Canadiens to give the youngsters ice time, I hope you enjoy not seeing the playoffs. That's exactly the type of team which does. Otherwise, you earn your spot.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Mag1328

It's great that Pacioretty wants to improve, that he seeks stability with his elusive confidence, that he sees himself as a top 6 forward. All great.
But as an employee vs his boss, he had no business criticizing the way Jacques Martin handled him last year.
And as a player vs future teammates, it was uncalled for to pretend he wouldn't develop in the NHL as a 3rd or 4th line forward. It's a slap in the face for the guys in Montreal who have grinded their way to the NHL and are fighting every day to keep their job.

Conventional wisdom says that it's always better to let a player dominate the AHL before making him graduate in the bigs. Fine. But even dominating in the AHL doesn't guarantee translated success in the NHL (see Tim Tookey, Alexandre Giroux, Keith Aucoin, heck Bruce Boudreau himself). The AHL is a different game, and it's also a slower game. You've got a second to look for your options or to shoot, and that second disappears in the NHL.
So yeah, it's better to dominate in the AHL rather than arrive unprepared in the NHL. But there will still be an adjustment and some growing pains once you reach the bigs. This attitude of "I'm untitled to..." shows poor judgment from the kid. He's only 21, and he still has stuff to learn on being a pro.

Pacioretty could be a very useful player to this team and I understand why so many of you are high on him. It's just that he would have been much better off keeping the finger-pointing to himself.
You know... shut up and play.

Mag1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:54 PM
sevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Jacques Martin has no choice on which players he is given to coach.

Martin plays to win, and plays to make the playoffs. He does not play to allow young player to make constant errors. That's what the AHL is for.

If you want the Canadiens to give the youngsters ice time, I hope you enjoy not seeing the playoffs. That's exactly the type of team which does. Otherwise, you earn your spot.

and the last 15 years we have been so strong.

a hot goalie is the only good playoffs we have had.

Doesn't anyone see that we are a mediocre team? and the way we have been building the team isn't doing us a lot of good?

Pyatt, Darch, Moen, Gill, Spacek, Halpern, Laps, Obryne are journey men, a dime a dozen.

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Craig71

The real reason is that Pacioretty loves the night life in Hamilton. Montreal is just too boring in comparison to the steel city.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:50 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post

Doesn't anyone see that we are a mediocre team? and the way we have been building the team isn't doing us a lot of good?

Pyatt, Darch, Moen, Gill, Spacek, Halpern, Laps, Obryne are journey men, a dime a dozen.
Bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing dman, every team has them, not only the habs

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Moen and Gill have won and have been integral parts of their team's success. Spacek has helped a team to the finals.

Darche is a journeyman.

Halpern was a somewhat skilled player. Laps is a solid bottom 6 you keep around. O'bryne could be another one and Pyatt is still trying to prove what he is.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 10:20 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
The Subban route is the best one, dominate the AHL and come play with the big club after.
I think a mature player like Patches sees that, and with Patches so young he needs icetime to develop and get his game back.

He is a smart kid.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemian93 View Post
Heard him interviewed on The Team 990 this morning. Basically he said if he's given a chance or oppurtunity to be an impact player on the Habs he'd rather just play a top 2 role in Hamilton all year. He's not completely FOR playing in Hamilton all year because if he gets a good role on the Habs(Ex:play with Gionta and Gomez as which he stated) then he'd be more than happy to be brought up to the Habs this season. He mentioned he doesnt believe something like that like that will ever happen and feels that he was able to get his chance and improve under Carbo, but doesnt expect it to be like that with Martin.
Sounds a lot like Lapierre too. He was given a lot more responsability under Carbo and it boosted his confidence. On Martin's team, Lappy looks like just another body on the ice.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I think a mature player like Patches sees that, and with Patches so young he needs icetime to develop and get his game back.

He is a smart kid.
It seems to me like he lacks more ambition and fire than anything else. I can't remember the time i've ever seen a player say he prefers playing in a farm club.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Kovatar

Chill out Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Surprised by the reactions here. I don't like these comments at all. He could have worded things much differently, but sniping at JM doesn't put him in a positive light.

He wasn't and isn't ready for the NHL. No brain and was getting hammered to the ice constantly.

He has potential if he works hard and fills out and works on his balance, but I don't like this attitude at all. I don't see him wearing the CH unless he turns that around quickly.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. While it is sometimes frustrating as a fan watching how Martin manages the younger players (except Subban) Pacioretty showed his immaturity in taking shots at Montreal's current coaching staff. I heard the interview and his comments were unambiguous shots at Martin. He kept re-emphasizing how his confidence would get shot if he was demoted from the top-6. As a coach, I would not have much confidence in a player who claims to lose confidence if he is not in an ideal playing situation. This attitude reminds me a lot of Sergei Kostitsyn's attitude last year. I love Patch's potential but he needs to grow up and use better discretion when being interviewed.

Kovatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:09 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That is about the dumbest opinion i have ever read on HF. He wants to stay in Hamilton as long as possible to develop his offensive game so that he can be a better player when he comes back, which is possibly the best attitude a player like him could have. His goal is still to make the NHL!!! Just look salary wise, i think he would much rather earn 850K on a 3rd line then then 35K playing on the 1st line in Hamilton.

The day he does get called up, i really hope Martin is smart enough to put him on Gomez's line, he has the size and speed to bring something new to the line.

Tiny question to Bulldogs followers, does he look more balanced on his skates this season? Or stronger on the boards? thanks.
My dumb opinion is somewhat shared............

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...MontrealSports

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post

They running with this. I see nothing wrong with what he said. He has confidence and realise that in the AHL, he's there to learn and come time for him to be in the NHL, he feels like he a top 6 player.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:10 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
It seems to me like he lacks more ambition and fire than anything else. I can't remember the time i've ever seen a player say he prefers playing in a farm club.
He could be making $875,000 playing in the NHL on a 4th line but he is willing to play for $65,000 instead in the AHL so he can improve his offensive game for the future... yeah this guy lacks ambition.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Bullsmith

This town's fricking crazy. The real lesson of this episode is that no player should ever give any Montreal Media figure the time of day, much less give them an interview. When a player does actually answer a question honestly and provide some actual insight and maybe even a bit of news they will be crucified for it. Why should any player ever talk to Tony Marinaro again? He basically ambushed Max Pac and invited the whole city to pile on, which they now are doing.

Seriously, the problem isn't Max Pax wanting to develop, it's the media in this town ambushing minor league players. Nice.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:17 AM
neofury*

Quote:
so, you kind of proved my point. Sergie didn't start with a bad attitude. He was better earlier in his career. He wasn't always in the dog house. It grew to be bitter. What caused it?

Latendresse, lazy. sure. but isn't that part of the coaches job, to motivate. to find out what works best and get the best out of the player.

Warn Spacek.. hahaha. yeah the stern warning really helped spacek get better, he was brilliant in the last game.

At work, there is a saying. "they are only as good as we train them to be". If our employees are not doing the job, or have attitude or are lazy, it is because of us. We need to find the problem and fix it. We are responsible for those under us. There is no passing the buck here. If someone is failing it is up to the management to fix it. Whether it be through being stern or supportive.
No offense but that has to be one of the stupidest sayings I've ever heard. I know plenty of people who were well trained in jobs I've been at who were just lazy plain and simple. You can't train work ethic, you can motivate people but when you're paying them that's their main motivation not your kind words. If people are going to be lazy not really much you can do but fire them if they aren't doing their job. To blame yourselves for that though is just stupid.

There are also plenty of people out there who in all aspects of their job are solid and work hard, but I'm sure as a result they feel they're owed something more and they steal. Do you blame yourselves for that too? Maybe you could've trained them better in not stealing. It's essentially the same thing. How can you blame yourself for the actions of others. Yeah if they're doing something wrong and it's because you showed them it the wrong way that's one thing. But to blame yourselves for lazyness in another human being, something you obviously cannot control. That's bizarre dude.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:20 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovatar View Post
I agree with you wholeheartedly. While it is sometimes frustrating as a fan watching how Martin manages the younger players (except Subban) Pacioretty showed his immaturity in taking shots at Montreal's current coaching staff. I heard the interview and his comments were unambiguous shots at Martin. He kept re-emphasizing how his confidence would get shot if he was demoted from the top-6. As a coach, I would not have much confidence in a player who claims to lose confidence if he is not in an ideal playing situation. This attitude reminds me a lot of Sergei Kostitsyn's attitude last year. I love Patch's potential but he needs to grow up and use better discretion when being interviewed.
Yeah I got the same bad taste in my mouth regarding the interview too. To be honest I think it's a really bad sign. Can't see how people think it means anything good. While I do agree him spending more time in the AHL is what he needs, saying what he said isn't.

Old
11-05-2010, 09:23 AM

Not a very smart move by Pacioretty IMO...didn't like his comments personally. While i'm sure many players think just like him, to go out in the media and basically expose yourself like that is dumb. Not a very smart interview...

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:30 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
This town's fricking crazy. The real lesson of this episode is that no player should ever give any Montreal Media figure the time of day, much less give them an interview. When a player does actually answer a question honestly and provide some actual insight and maybe even a bit of news they will be crucified for it. Why should any player ever talk to Tony Marinaro again? He basically ambushed Max Pac and invited the whole city to pile on, which they now are doing.

Seriously, the problem isn't Max Pax wanting to develop, it's the media in this town ambushing minor league players. Nice.
The problem isn't MaxPac saying he wants to the develop, clearly the problem is MaxPac bashing the coaches decisions.

Old
11-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Amazing how much crap a few "conspiracy theorists" can dig up based on one freaking interview with a kid trying to say all the right things. Sad and pathetic.

Pacioretty is having a great start and it sounds like he is on the way to get his promising career back on track...yeah the Habs are going to have to trade him now

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
The problem isn't MaxPac saying he wants to the develop, clearly the problem is MaxPac bashing the coaches decisions.
The problem is a select few paranoid fans INTERPRETING what he is saying and calling it bashing.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:39 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The problem is a select few paranoid fans INTERPRETING what he is saying and calling it bashing.
No clearly the problem is a select few delusional fans claiming otherwise. I mean really it isn't even a read between the lines situation but even if it was it's hardly relevant. He bashed the coaches decisions plain and simple. He even went on to say JM lacked confidence in him and as a result ruined his confidence.

MaxPac is a big boy, he needs to grow up and stop blaming everyone else for his shortcomings. He hasn't been able to find the back of the net really in years even at the AHL level and is only really starting to show promise in that area now. Furthermore we all know he wasn't playing as well as he potential can when he came up in all areas of his game.

I love MaxPac but there comes a point where you need to use some common sense and not be deluded. I understand some people here have a man crush for the kid and rightfully so he has a lot of potential. But don't kid yourselves he bashed Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Amazing how much crap a few "conspiracy theorists" can dig up based on one freaking interview with a kid trying to say all the right things. Sad and pathetic.

Pacioretty is having a great start and it sounds like he is on the way to get his promising career back on track...yeah the Habs are going to have to trade him now
I normally agree with most of your posts but to be honest this is bordering on ridiculousness. He said what he said. What's the conspiracy that somebody pretending to be Max went on the radio and said what was said?

I understand you like the guy but come on dude get real.

Old
11-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post

That's a crappy article too! The writer says that the Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen line was one of the most consistent lines last season, maybe the problem was that he was stuck with 2 pluggers and couldn't develop his offensive game, no? He could of had success if he was put on the Gomez line for a long period, but instead they put Sergei and D'Agostini and now he had to take a step back to work on his offense, that's the problem and he knows it.

It's pretty obvious he doesn't want to be traded, why the writer sayed that i have no clue? All he's saying is: the next time i get called up, give me a ****ing chance to show my game! That's it.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote