HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Waiver Wire Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-13-2010, 03:35 PM
  #101
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Looking to add a WR. These guys are available.

Roy Williams
Jabar Gaffney
Davone Bess
Kenny Britt

Thoughts? Thanks.
I like Britt. Especially this week against Jags 2ndary.

@Marc, I like Hernandez out of those Te's. I also like Owen Daniels to have a nice 2nd half though...

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 03:57 PM
  #102
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Looking to add a WR. These guys are available.

Roy Williams
Jabar Gaffney
Davone Bess
Kenny Britt

Thoughts? Thanks.
Roy is finally catching the ball, still don't have the confidence to start him though. Britt has the attention of Vince Young now. Wouldn't touch Gaffney with Lloyd and Royal ahead of him.

Roy out of these four.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 03:59 PM
  #103
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
With Finley out, I need another TE.

Available:

Greg Olsen (most points among available TE's)
Tony Moeaki
Joel Dreesen
Jermaine Gresham
Tony Scheffler
Aaron Hernandez
Kellen Winslow
Todd Heap
Donald Lee (I know, out for 2 weeks, but will get more passes now that Finley is out)
Owen Daniels

Hard to pick one...

Also, would you start either of those guys instead of Rob Gronkowski? Hard to figure out that NWE passing situation now.
Olsen goes as Cutler goes, if he is healthy take him. If not Daniels, Winslow or Moeaki. Watch the byes.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 07:29 PM
  #104
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
I like Britt. Especially this week against Jags 2ndary.

@Marc, I like Hernandez out of those Te's. I also like Owen Daniels to have a nice 2nd half though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Roy is finally catching the ball, still don't have the confidence to start him though. Britt has the attention of Vince Young now. Wouldn't touch Gaffney with Lloyd and Royal ahead of him.

Roy out of these four.
Have a good starting 3 - need a guy I'm confident in for spot duty.

I want to like Britt but if they're going to complete so few passes a game... targets concern me there, although I like him the best as a player.

Roy is, well, Roy. His numbers the past couple weeks look good but I'm nhaving trouble believing it.

It's a coin flip for me between those two - I don't think I truly considered Gaffney or Bess. Thanks.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 07:15 PM
  #105
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Looking to add a WR. These guys are available.

Roy Williams
Jabar Gaffney
Davone Bess
Kenny Britt

Thoughts? Thanks.
Williams or Britt. As was mentioned, I like Britt a little better this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
With Finley out, I need another TE.

Available:

Greg Olsen (most points among available TE's)
Tony Moeaki
Joel Dreesen
Jermaine Gresham
Tony Scheffler
Aaron Hernandez
Kellen Winslow
Todd Heap
Donald Lee (I know, out for 2 weeks, but will get more passes now that Finley is out)
Owen Daniels

Hard to pick one...

Also, would you start either of those guys instead of Rob Gronkowski? Hard to figure out that NWE passing situation now.
I think Winslow is gonna be your most consistent guy out of that bunch, but if he continues to avoid the endzone then he unfortunately isn't gonna end up with the most points on that list. I'd go him, Hernandez, or Moeaki. I'd start all three over Gronkowski.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:40 PM
  #106
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,584
vCash: 567
I went with Olsen because I think Cutler could have a big week against a so-so Seattle defence.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 04:21 PM
  #107
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,584
vCash: 567
Olsen with a big fat zero points today as I am in a dead heat with my opponent. Should have gone with Hernandez or Daniels.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:01 PM
  #108
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Olsen with a big fat zero points today as I am in a dead heat with my opponent. Should have gone with Hernandez or Daniels.
Played him in my flex because Manningham had two zeros in a row, didn't feel comfortable with that. That turned out rather poorly for me.

Luckily I had Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe to carry my team, so I enter tonight with a 9 point lead and my Torain/Chris Johnson vs my opponents Kenny Britt. I feel pretty good about my chances there.

Mike Martz disappearing TE trick is definitely in progress. Sucks that Daniels has a bye next week, gonna have to hope that Olsen gets on the board next week.

As far as waiver wire options...a sleeper now might be Randy McMichael if Gates is out for any period of time. Especially if Floyd is also hurt...Rivers is going to be looking for options.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 12:04 AM
  #109
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,584
vCash: 567
Who are the better week 7 plays among these WRs?

- Patrick Crayton and/or Buster Davis vs NE (Floyd is out, Naanee may not play, Gates banged up, Rivers lights it up at home usually, Chargers need the W, Pats secondary issues, etc)

- Robert Meachem vs CLE

- Michael Jenkins vs CIN

- Steve Breaston @ SEA

- Danny Woodhead vs SD (can this smurf really keep it up?)

- Demaryus Thomas vs OAK

I could potentially pick up 2 of these guys if Steve Smith is out again this week.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 03:11 AM
  #110
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Who are the better week 7 plays among these WRs?

- Patrick Crayton and/or Buster Davis vs NE (Floyd is out, Naanee may not play, Gates banged up, Rivers lights it up at home usually, Chargers need the W, Pats secondary issues, etc)

- Robert Meachem vs CLE

- Michael Jenkins vs CIN

- Steve Breaston @ SEA

- Danny Woodhead vs SD (can this smurf really keep it up?)

- Demaryus Thomas vs OAK

I could potentially pick up 2 of these guys if Steve Smith is out again this week.
Woodhead got practically all of the carries in the 4th quarter of the Pats game, I wouldn't be surprised if they use him a lot going forward. Out of the guys though, I think Crayton will be the best bet vs a suspect NE defense.

The other guy that I think people should keep an eye on is Jason Avant. He's usually good for a couple big games a year when someone goes down, and could be a good one-week filler with Jackson out.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 05:20 PM
  #111
akalaM
Registered User
 
akalaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Is going for Branch a good idea?

akalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:00 PM
  #112
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by akalaM View Post
Is going for Branch a good idea?
I think so, I'm putting in a claim for him in one of my leagues.

Another guy potentially worth looking for is Buster Davis, depending on the condition of San Diego's receiving corps entering this week. Patrick Crayton might have more value in leagues that count return yards as well.

With Branch gone, Mike Williams (Seattle) could see a lot more balls thrown his way, may be worth taking a gamble on.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 09:18 PM
  #113
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,669
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by akalaM View Post
Is going for Branch a good idea?
I picked him last week and I am in a 8 team league

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 05:27 AM
  #114
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,658
vCash: 500
i disagree on branch. Last week's performance was an abberation with a defense not knowing how to plan for him. I expect brady to spread the ball more for the rest of the season, now that defenses will be forced to cover branch.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:09 PM
  #115
akalaM
Registered User
 
akalaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Well I didnt get Branch so I went for Woodhead.

akalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
  #116
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i disagree on branch. Last week's performance was an abberation with a defense not knowing how to plan for him. I expect brady to spread the ball more for the rest of the season, now that defenses will be forced to cover branch.
I think it's somewhere in between. I think he's a 50-70 yards a game guy, and we just saw his best game of the season last week. I think part of it was an F-U to Moss as well. He'll be a solid 36-50th WR the rest of the way, good for a #3 or 4 WR in most leagues.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:18 PM
  #117
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
If you need a 1 week flier on a WR due to BYEs or injuries, I picked up Seyi Ajirotutu.

Some of you may not have heard of him but he is currently SDs #2 WR and they play HOU and their awful pass D this week.
Floyd and Naanee are still out, Davis is on IR and Jackson not eligible yet, + Gates is banged up a bit.

I needed a 3rd WR this week with Mike Thomas on BYE and Kenny Britt on BYE/injured.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 03:29 AM
  #118
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9 View Post
I think it's somewhere in between. I think he's a 50-70 yards a game guy, and we just saw his best game of the season last week. I think part of it was an F-U to Moss as well. He'll be a solid 36-50th WR the rest of the way, good for a #3 or 4 WR in most leagues.
60 yards in 2 games. I'll stick with my original opinion.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:27 AM
  #119
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
60 yards in 2 games. I'll stick with my original opinion.
Not that I really care either way, but his hamstring has been pretty hurt the last couple weeks and is trying to play through it.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.