HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#13: Rangers @ Flyers - Thursday, Nov. 4, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Mgkibbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
I don't think the comparison is unwarranted at all. Now, I don't think Giroux is going to surpass Forsberg, particularly because he just doesn't have the size to, but they're games are strikingly similar.

The other Forsbergian characteristic of Giroux is his work along the walls. For a little guy, he does remarkably well.
I think Giroux is more similar to Datsyuk than Forsberg.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:18 AM
chaosof99*

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:30 AM
A Clerk
Schennergy

Can someone upload both those hits of Giroux on Anisimov and Richards on Frolov.

A Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:42 AM
BernieParent

This may be a bit of reverse psychology, but I think that Carcillo's chance of being suspended is increased by the fact that he didn't draw a penalty on the play. I believe that he should have at least gotten 2 min for charging or even interference, since Fedotenko didn't have the puck; even a double-minor charging would have been appropriate.

But getting into Colin Campbell's mind, he probably believes that Carcillo can't be allowed to get away unpunished, especially with him in the middle of the late-game shenanigans with the Islanders. Plus, a game or two to Carcillo would be a good message-sender to the rest of the league.

Mind you, Campbell has a dilemma on his hands with the Thornton blindside hit. Will he suspend the goon with the spotty record and not the star? Suspend both? Neither? Stay tuned.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:46 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clerk View Post
Can someone upload both those hits of Giroux on Anisimov and Richards on Frolov.
Here you go:

Old
11-05-2010, 11:47 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
What a difference our 3rd pairing is making as compared to last year. I know they are making a **** load of cash for a 3rd pairing, but WOW what an improvement

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:49 AM
A Clerk
Schennergy

Thank You.

A Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:53 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clerk View Post
Thank You.
Paul Holmgren? Is that you?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:07 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Paul Holmgren? Is that you?
I believe he was thanking me for uploading the video he requested.

@ A Clerk: You're welcome.

Old
11-05-2010, 12:22 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Two things

Meszaros gives the ability to do what we did last night. Kimmo only had 17:00 minutes of ice time. Now unless he's injured that is fantastic news. We need to rest Pronger and Timonen for the playoffs. Last night was a great time to do it. We had a big lead and the team was playing well. I like how they paired Carle and Coburn late in the game. Great coaching by Laviolette.

Also I have to agree completely with NWO. If carcillo is suspended (which he shouldn't be) then Homer has to call up Rinaldo or Clackson. You KNOW this game can get out of hand so we have to be prepared. Were gonna need more then just Shelley. Especially when the Isles have last change. Plus he would be on the fourth line. Please Homer just for one game.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:26 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
Two things

Meszaros gives the ability to do what we did last night. Kimmo only had 17:00 minutes of ice time. Now unless he's injured that is fantastic news. We need to rest Pronger and Timonen for the playoffs. Last night was a great time to do it. We had a big lead and the team was playing well. I like how they paired Carle and Coburn late in the game. Great coaching by Laviolette.

Also I have to agree completely with NWO. If carcillo is suspended (which he shouldn't be) then Homer has to call up Rinaldo or Clackson. You KNOW this game can get out of hand so we have to be prepared. Were gonna need more then just Shelley. Especially when the Isles have last change. Plus he would be on the fourth line. Please Homer just for one game.
How does Rinaldo help if the game gets out of hand?

If anything, he would be the one inciting it.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:35 PM
CptCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post

Indeed, just to make sure it'll be a circus on ice.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:41 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post

Who would you rather see get jumped in a brawl, Rinaldo/Clackson or one of our star players? We need some toughness against a team that is gonna be looking for revenge

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Who would you rather see get jumped in a brawl, Rinaldo/Clackson or one of our star players? We need some toughness against a team that is gonna be looking for revenge
Rinaldo and Clackson won't fill the role as well as you think they would. They might be willing to go, but it's not like the Isles are going to regard two noobs breaking in during their first game if they decide to start taking runs.

In addition, it's still a hockey game, and they should still be concerned about winning first and foremost.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
They still have Shelley, Hartnell, O'Donnell, and Pronger if need be. No reason to call up a thug for one game only. And it sounds like Carcillo will be in, so no need.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:55 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
So, are you suggesting that we sport a scab team against NYI so that our stars don't get hurt?

The chances that Rinaldo (or Shelley for that matter) are on the ice during a brawl are minimal, seeing as neither will see more than 5 minutes TOI. This isn't the 70's, players can't jump off the bench and "enforcers" can't defend players anymore.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

From some of the twitter tweets, JVR was getting moved around today and didnt play on a steady line.

Wellwood-Richards-Nodl were playing together for a good part. Some of the reports are that JVR might be scratched

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
From some of the twitter tweets, JVR was getting moved around today and didnt play on a steady line.

Wellwood-Richards-Nodl were playing together for a good part. Some of the reports are that JVR might be scratched
Good, in Lavi we trust.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:17 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
5 in a row, ****ers!

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:26 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:

Sadly he is the one that deserves to be , tough to take Z out the way he is hustling .

Old
11-05-2010, 01:53 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Couple photos from my seat:

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:

A few days ago I would've been completely against scratching JVR, but at this point he might need a few days off. He's just not playing with much confidence and Lavi hitting the reset button may be for the best.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
MsWoof

I was listening to the hockey show on The Fan 590 here in Toronto at noon. Doug MacLean, Nick Kypreos and Greg Brady (the referee) were talking about how awesome the Flyers are looking. They praised Lavi and said his one problem used to be that he over-coached but he's not doing that now. And they were raving about Richards and were saying how underrated he is. I was surprised they said that about him, I figured they'd be saying it about Roo or Timonen. Anyway, it was nice to hear people giving them credit for their recent play.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:21 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I was listening to the hockey show on The Fan 590 here in Toronto at noon. Doug MacLean, Nick Kypreos and Greg Brady (the referee) were talking about how awesome the Flyers are looking. They praised Lavi and said his one problem used to be that he over-coached but he's not doing that now. And they were raving about Richards and were saying how underrated he is. I was surprised they said that about him, I figured they'd be saying it about Roo or Timonen. Anyway, it was nice to hear people giving them credit for their recent play.
If there's one Flyer who certainly isn't underrated at the moment, it's Giroux.

Good to hear some praise for the boys from Canadian media, though; that's pretty rare. Note: it is from two of the least respected members of the Canadian hockey media...

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:21 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Real good to hear as normally Canadian media will not give the Flyers an ounce of praise, all TSN does is try and concentrate on negative.