11-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Iginla offered to Kings?

take it for what its worth...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...ered/125/31233

Quote:
Iginla Offered?
I had not seen Eklunds column as I had been on the road this afternoon, but when I arrived at Staples I was told by a member of the press that two sources, one from Canada, claimed that Calgary had offered Jarome Iginla to the Kings in exchange for Brayden Schenn, Andrei Loktionov, Thomas Hickey and the Kings 1st round pick. He also went on to say that this will probably be confirmed by a legitimate Canadian newspaper. Calgary fans will think I'm crazy, or maybe its the food poisoning I got tonight from a bad Steak Sandwich, but I wouldn't do that deal.

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:09 PM
The Gnome

If it was actually a legitimate trade opportunity I'd do it. That is a great return. However I can't imagine the kings feeling the same.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I don't think I would either.

Schenn, meh. Dosen't seem to have that high end skillset.

Andrei Loktionov has decent AHL stats, dunno anything else about him.

Hickey has not impressed me since being drafted. Doughty surpassed him pretty quickly.

The 1st rounder would be fairly late too as I expect the Kings to do quite well this season.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:12 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I'm not buyin' this rumour at all.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:12 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post

Hickey has not impressed me since being drafted. Doughty surpassed him pretty quickly.

The 1st rounder would be fairly late too as I expect the Kings to do quite well this season.
yeah but the value of cap relief is awesome.

Old
11-05-2010, 01:17 PM
goodsauce

vCash: 50
its eklund, so im thinking negative

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:18 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by artysmith View Post
its eklund, so im thinking negative
Matty Barry isn't Eklund though. There are a bunch of writers on that website I think?

Whats the point of cap relief when you trade away your captain but not the other pieces like Joker and Staios?

Old
11-05-2010, 01:22 PM
goodsauce

It was eklunds sources, then he told barry

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:25 PM
tfong

Its a rumour about an offer. Not even a rumour of a trade.

So its like 10% probability of a 10% probability

Old
11-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:

the guy saying he wouldn't do it writes about the Kings... so he would be saying no from their perspective

and he is right... its too much from the Kings perspective... we would be gettng their 2nd, 4th and 5th ranked prospects and a 1st round pick

Old
11-05-2010, 01:28 PM
tfong

Quote:
the guy saying he wouldn't do it writes about the Kings... so he would be saying no from their perspective

and he is right... its too much from the Kings perspective... we would be gettng their 2nd, 4th and 5th ranked prospects and a 1st round pick
Yeah but you of all people know that prospect ranking doesn't translate directly into NHL production.

Is Loknitov really their 5th ranked prospect? What happened to Oscar Moller?

Old
11-05-2010, 01:30 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Matty Barry isn't Eklund though. There are a bunch of writers on that website I think?

Whats the point of cap relief when you trade away your captain but not the other pieces like Joker and Staios?
Jokinen is only 3 mil for this season and the next. Staios could be traded for nothing or a he comes off the books at years end. Either way Iginla's contract is huge and it has a significant impact. Yeah we don't have our leader anymore, but he hasen't been leading for over a year now. I love Iginla and he is one of my all-time favourite players, but he seems to be tired of playing in CGY. To me a change would not only benefit the flames, but Iggy as well.

Old
11-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by artysmith View Post
It was eklunds sources, then he told barry
it doesnt say that at all... he was told by a member of the press and stating he never saw Eklund's blog... because Eklund is saying the Sabres are interested

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...rested/1/31221

next time when you assume something make sure you know what people are actually saying

Old
11-05-2010, 01:33 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Jokinen is only 3 mil for this season and the next. Staios could be traded for nothing or a he comes off the books at years end. Either way Iginla's contract is huge and it has a significant impact. Yeah we don't have our leader anymore, but he hasen't been leading for over a year now. I love Iginla and he is one of my all-time favourite players, but he seems to be tired of playing in CGY. To me a change would not only benefit the flames, but Iggy as well.
Well I mean if you want to tank...you should tank. Keeping players like Joker around will prevent tanking because as pros they do come out to play to win (so to speak).

Old
11-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Yeah but you of all people know that prospect ranking doesn't translate directly into NHL production.

Is Loknitov really their 5th ranked prospect? What happened to Oscar Moller?
looking at the HF rankings Moller is listed as 'graduated'... likely because due to his 34 games in the NHL last season

Old
11-05-2010, 01:36 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
I love Iginla and he is one of my all-time favourite players, but he seems to be tired of playing in CGY.

That's 100% assumption on your part, though. There's no evidence of that.

Unless Iginla steps forth and requests a trade, I just don't see him getting traded. If he were traded, we'd automatically be in rebuild mode, and the organization has already stated we're not in rebuild mode. Seriously, you're talking about trading our Captain and best player in November? Not gonna happen (thankfully!).

I can't wait for this team to put together a few wins and Iginla snaps out of his funk so we can get past this Iginla trade nonsense.

Last edited by StreakingRed: 11-05-2010 at 01:42 PM.
StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:57 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post

Unless Iginla steps forth and requests a trade, I just don't see him getting traded. If he were traded, we'd automatically be in rebuild mode, and the organization has already stated we're not in rebuild mode. Seriously, you're talking about trading our Captain and best player in November? Not gonna happen (thankfully!).

I can't wait for this team to put together a few wins and Iginla snaps out of his funk so we can get past this Iginla trade nonsense.
It's his overall play and demenour over the past year+ that has me worried. Of course I can only specualte from that, and I have no real insider information to back it up with.

What I've been saying since this past off season is that unless they get some real talent to play with Iginla then they should find him a more sutable team. He is no longer leading by example in CGY and that's what fans/management expect from him.

For me to want to let go of Iggy it would have to be a great package coming back. IMO, this particualr package is great and if it were offered I'd take it. We'd still have a decent team with a world class goaltender and some prospects that are actually worth mentioning.

Who would replace the C, now that is a problem. First we have to have a player who is consistent and busts his ass every shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post

If that happens I'll be happy, and yes we are barley into the season so taking that trade now would be a huge gamble.

Old
11-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
Quote:
The Flames would have to send an equal number of contracts to the Kings as well, since they're at/near the limit, right? Kings have cap space, so at least matching the salary isn't an issue.

It does seem like a lot, and call me crazy but I still don't think it's enough for Iginla. Call it quantity over quality, if you will, but it's close. Replace Hickey & Lokitonov with Moller, perhaps a deal is closer?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:06 PM
AnAfricanMidget

As much as I loveIginla, I would have to think loing about that trade. A future of Schenn and Backlund as our centers seems nice plus another 1st. The rest is just bonus, Havent heard much about Hickey since being drafted.

However, I higly doubt this was offered.

AnAfricanMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:10 PM
saillias

Quote:
That's entirely speculation. There's a lot more that goes into wanting to leave a city than the hockey aspect. Iginla has been in the Western Canada area his whole life. Uprooting your whole family, leaving your house behind, your friends, kids leaving their school and friends behind is always hard.

Anyway if he gets his 1000 point somewhere else, I would be ****ing furious.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
The Flames would have to send an equal number of contracts to the Kings as well, since they're at/near the limit, right? Kings have cap space, so at least matching the salary isn't an issue.

It does seem like a lot, and call me crazy but I still don't think it's enough for Iginla. Call it quantity over quality, if you will, but it's close. Replace Hickey & Lokitonov with Moller, perhaps a deal is closer?
IMO Loki will be a far far better player than Moller

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:20 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
That's entirely speculation. There's a lot more that goes into wanting to leave a city than the hockey aspect. Iginla has been in the Western Canada area his whole life. Uprooting your whole family, leaving your house behind, your friends, kids leaving their school and friends behind is always hard.

Anyway if he gets his 1000 point somewhere else, I would be ****ing furious.
did you bother to read my other posts cause I just said that!

Old
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

If this was a legimate offer, I think it would be worth accepting. If Iginla does not snap out of this funk then his trade value will only go down even more by the deadline. If he bounces back and starts scoring again then we could possibly get more, but this would be a pretty good dam offer, it would be worth considering. We could always trade our 2 first round picks to land one of the top 2 picks as well.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post

good call on the contracts... just because Iginla is the centerpiece doesn't mean he is the only player going over... also seems odd to ask for a defenseman from the Flames perspective IMO

Old
11-05-2010, 02:27 PM
saillias

Quote:
did you bother to read my other posts cause I just said that!
Nah, I tend to reply to a post immediately before reading on.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote