Potential trade partners

Old
11-05-2010, 01:48 PM
LucicTrain*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
No its not.

Giving up two top 64 picks and a 1st line center prospect is way too much.

I'd say Wheeler, 1st/Colborne and any prospect(s) not named Seguin, Colborne, or Caron, and say take it or leave it.
whats wheeler worth? probably a 2nd. i dont see 1st, 2nd, and Sauve or whoever getting it done.

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucicTrain View Post
whats wheeler worth? probably a 2nd. i dont see 1st, 2nd, and Sauve or whoever getting it done.
Ah yes, equating NHLers to draft picks, well done.

Wheeler can play in their top nine and kill penalties and still has the potential to develop into a top six winger.

And again, if that doesnt get it done then bye bye. We have Sturms, Ryders and probably Recchis spots opening up next year, and I'd be more than happy with letting JC compete for one.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
There is no way they would get a 2nd for Wheeler.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:07 PM
nORRis8*

The Oilers were our trade partners in the past as well as the Blues and the Figleafs.

But one team that may be in the market is the Calgary Flames.
They didn't make the playoffs last year, they made some changes during the off-season but to no avail.
The team is frustrated and Iginla is not having a great start.
Not saying that they could be a trading partner, but they might be dangling Iggy or go the other route and get someone to help him.

Personally.....they need to get rid of the Sutters.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:13 PM
DaveFromNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nORRis8 View Post
The Oilers were our trade partners in the past as well as the Blues and the Figleafs.

They didn't make the playoffs last year, they made some changes during the off-season but to no avail.
Not saying that they could be a trading partner, but they might be dangling Iggy or go the other route and get someone to help him.

Flames are in bad cap shape, anything with them would be cap for cap. Although they probably want to make moves, I don't think they're a good trade partner.

DaveFromNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:27 PM
TheTimThomasProject

Hey guys, I know there has been a lot of talk of PMD over the past couple of years here on the Boston boards.

If the bruins target a defenseman,who would they go after? I watch a as much hockey as I can. I try to follow NHL network but wondering what some of you think. There are some great posters here that get to watch more games than I and highlights don't always do a player(s) justice. I know a bunch of the eastern conference guys (Kaberle,etc.) but I don't get see a ton of western conference teams and even some eastern teams and their defencemen. I basically watch any bruins games, VS, nhl games I can.

Any good suggestions on players to watch or who would make a good fit here?

TheTimThomasProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:48 PM
TheTimThomasProject

Quote:
Originally Posted by nORRis8 View Post

Hey guys, newbie here. A lot of great posters here on HF boards, I have learn a ton about hockey just by following HF boards! I try to watch as much hockey as possible (nesn, vs, nhl network). I know the PMD trades get beat to death here in bruins land. What are some good/great PMD the bruins should target? I have to say i'm more familiar with eastern conference guys (Kaberle, Green, etc) because the Bs play these teams the most. Feel free to kick me to another thread if there is one that contains info on good defensemen. Robyn Regehr from Calgary seems like a good fit here but the cap on both sides would be the issue.

Old
11-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Looking at who we the fans think is expendable along with how the other teams in the nhl are doing this season, here are a couple thoughts I've had about some cap clearing moves. All of the teams I'm about to discuss are Western Conference teams, so we are not improving any teams within our conference.

Potential Partner 1: Dallas Stars
Dallas is currently ranking second to last on the PK, but has been a decent team in other areas, and have played well enough to currently hold a playoff spot. What better player to improve this team than Paille, an expert PK specialiast who could also contribute on the offensive end with his speed. Granted his shot is not the best, but Paille's skillset would make the Stars a better team, as he could drastically improve their penalty kill unit. Dallas also has some space to take on a little salary. Paille for a 3rd or 4th rounder would benefit both teams.

Potential Partner 2: Columbus Blue Jackets
Currently second to last in the league in goals per game, Columbus could use a spark on for their offense. Why not offer them a package including the offensively minded Matt Hunwick and power forward Blake Wheeler? Hunwick and Wheeler could improve the team's offensive production, and Wheeler could help out on the currently 15th ranking PK unit. I don't know what we could expect in return, but I would ask for a prospect and probably a 2nd round pick.

Potential Partner 3: Phoenix Coyotes
The Coyotes forwards are really struggling, and with some help, they could be a serious contender with some help on the offense. They have capable goal scorers and just lack that one play maker. I know he has the NTC, and I know he just signed here, and I know that I'm really not a big fan of trading him, but I think Savard could be what Phoenix needs. We could send Savard+our 2011+a Defensemen (Stuart maybe?) for Yandle. Phoenix probably ins't too big on the idea of trading Yandle, but how can an offensively struggling team reject a trade that would bring in one of the best ppg centers in the league? Even though we lose Savard, this trade improves our cap situation, and our defense, and doesn't effect our 4th overall ranking offense at all.

Potential Partner 4: Nashville Predators
Nashville is a contender and they have the defense to compete, but they need some offensive help. Savard, Ryder, or Wheeler could help them out in the goal scoring department, and they have the cap space to take on some salary (not sure if they have an internal cap though)

Potential Partner 5: St. Louis Blues
This team has been awesome this year, but their PK currently rankings 21st in the league, which is by no means good. Paille could help them out there, and could a guy like Stuart or Ference or contribute to their defensive depth, arming them to make a serious run in the Western Conference. Alternatively, Wheeler could also help their PK and add more depth into their offense, making them a much deadlier team. Either way, a move here could benefit the Blues while aiding in our struggle against the cap.

These are just some speculations of potential moves. You may or may not agree with them, but I think each of these moves could happen. I really want to see our problems solved through trades and not demoting Ryder, as his play so far this year has earned him a roster spot on an NHL team. So what are your thoughts? What other teams could you forsee a trade with and what's their motivation to take on our salary?
Hunwick, Wheeler and Paille are not cap clearing moves. They are side dishes and while trading them and replacing them with minimum salary guys might be part of the solution, they really shouldn't be what we are focusing on.

As for Nashville, no way they take Ryder (unfortunately).

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimThomasProject View Post
Hey guys, newbie here. A lot of great posters here on HF boards, I have learn a ton about hockey just by following HF boards! I try to watch as much hockey as possible (nesn, vs, nhl network). I know the PMD trades get beat to death here in bruins land. What are some good/great PMD the bruins should target? I have to say i'm more familiar with eastern conference guys (Kaberle, Green, etc) because the Bs play these teams the most. Feel free to kick me to another thread if there is one that contains info on good defensemen. Robyn Regehr from Calgary seems like a good fit here but the cap on both sides would be the issue.
Regehr is more of a stay at home physical guy than a PMD. I think the problem is that any PMD worth getting is going to cost a lot in assets and cap room. We may be better off getting more of a bargain guy.... something like Corvo maybe.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 08:35 PM
TheTimThomasProject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Regehr is more of a stay at home physical guy than a PMD. I think the problem is that any PMD worth getting is going to cost a lot in assets and cap room. We may be better off getting more of a bargain guy.... something like Corvo maybe.
Thanks Dr. Quincy for the insight on Regehr. I remember this summer when the Savard rumors were brewing I think there was a Calgary/Bruins thread on the free agent board with Regehr for Savard. I got the impression he was like Mark Stuart with some upside. Only I have only seen him a couple of times. I agree on the cost of a good/decent PMD. Corvo makes sense, seems like he could be had without selling the farm. What about a guy like Ian White? Think the cap hit is 4 mil, liked what I saw from in Toronto and Calgary last year. He may be a Norris finalist well according to some leaf fans a couple of years ago!

Old
11-06-2010, 01:05 AM
SubyBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
People are using capgeek's numbers that say $5.4M, or something along those lines. But that site is also currently counting a 26-man roster. Just the shimmying about to make roster room for Sturm and Savard (which would have to be done anyway) should be enough to fit everyone in.

So... Trade Paille and demote Ryder (when the last guy gets back - if needed, as there could be other injuries too).
And we have Bergeron, Krejci, Savard, Seguin, Wheeler, Marchand, Campbell, Horton, Lucic, Thornton, Recchi, Sturm, Caron as our 13 forwards? Personally, I make Rex #13 and that's one hell of a killer lineup.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Sturm - Bergeron - Caron
Wheeler - Savard - Seguin
Marchand - Campbell - Thornton
Recchi

?
I like the lineup but someone has to go, i dont think that they would bench Rex more or less out of respect rather than playing ability, Caron and Marchand are both playing very well and that 4th line is just rolling right now. Sturm would be the one I would love to see go with him being injury prone and while he has put up 20+ goals in all his seasons wearing the black and gold (with exception of 2008-09) i personally dont think that there is room for him in boston any longer. Ryder either needs to go or get demoted granted he is playing well, Paile is not doing any good sitting on the bench and as everyone knows is pretty good on the PK, and like the original poster said Dallas could be a nice new home for him. you move sturm or just bench him right now caron, wheels, and seguin are all playing very well.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Wheeler - Savard - Seguin
Caron - Bergeron - Recchi
Marchand - Campbell - Thorton
Sturm

As for the D, Hunwick's skill set is one of a kind for our blue liners, the Yandle trade just seems to improbable. I know this might sound improbable too but what about trying to get Wisniewski from the islanders, they are lets face it pretty bad if we toss them Ryder, Hunwick, Paile, Sturm any of these guys in some combination. the islanders have a whole lot of cap space available, and yes Wisniewski will be a UFA at the end of the season im sure we could negotiate something with him.

SubyBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:46 AM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Stopped reading as soon as you said "Savard".

Get your heads on straight people, he's going nowhere. He's our best offensive player and signed to more than reasonable money.

David Krejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:58 AM
topcat986*

I want Kris Russel and yes the Bruins can over pay some what to acquire him.

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:40 AM
TheTimThomasProject

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
Stopped reading as soon as you said "Savard".

Get your heads on straight people, he's going nowhere. He's our best offensive player and signed to more than reasonable money.

You stopped reading but decided to post anyway! I'm just kidding!

Sorry if you took my post as a Savard for Calgary defenseman trade. Please let me clarify. I could see why you assumed that after reading my post. I simply mentioned those players as guys I liked. Doc provided some great insight on Regehr's game style for me, I haven't seen a ton of him. I clicked through the endless Savard for peanut threads as well. I love Savard, remember how bad the PP was last year without him. I by no means want to trade him. He is also injured and has a NTC.No point in selling Savard short in any aspect. In my eyes hes one of the better playmakers in the league with one of the best contracts. Can't wait till he's health.

Someone mentioned Calgary so I wanted some input on their guys. I admit I have a soft spot for Ian "Norris" White.

Old
11-06-2010, 12:05 PM
phatmike

hate to say it on a public forum because i know i'll get set ablaze for it, but dollar for dollar i wouldnt mind seeing paul mara back.

I KNOW, I KNOW, but at 750k...

phatmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:21 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimThomasProject View Post

You stopped reading but decided to post anyway! I'm just kidding!

Sorry if you took my post as a Savard for Calgary defenseman trade. Please let me clarify. I could see why you assumed that after reading my post. I simply mentioned those players as guys I liked. Doc provided some great insight on Regehr's game style for me, I haven't seen a ton of him. I clicked through the endless Savard for peanut threads as well. I love Savard, remember how bad the PP was last year without him. I by no means want to trade him. He is also injured and has a NTC.No point in selling Savard short in any aspect. In my eyes hes one of the better playmakers in the league with one of the best contracts. Can't wait till he's health.

Someone mentioned Calgary so I wanted some input on their guys. I admit I have a soft spot for Ian "Norris" White.
trading Savard right now wouldnt be selling short. he's a big question mark right now, maybe he comes back and is the old Savard maybe he's not. facts are the Bruins need to clear cap, have plenty of center depth and could use some offensive skill on the blueline. if you could flip Savard for White you would have to do it. that said i dont see any team taking a chance on Savard. no one was willing to bite in the off season and that was before he had recurring PCS

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:22 PM
TheTimThomasProject

Quote:
trading Savard right now wouldnt be selling short. he's a big question mark right now, maybe he comes back and is the old Savard maybe he's not. facts are the Bruins need to clear cap, have plenty of center depth and could use some offensive skill on the blueline. if you could flip Savard for White you would have to do it. that said i dont see any team taking a chance on Savard. no one was willing to bite in the off season and that was before he had recurring PCS
No doubt, you makes some great points.

Bruins need space, he's got an injury that he may or may not come back from. A team like Calgary make take that chance on him and try to reunite him with Jerome as they seem have needed a first line center for awhile. I like White and what he brings to the table but I dont know if I would trade Savard for him. Calgary might not either. The leafs wanted Kessel and a first for Kabs once so who knows. Not saying White is in the same class as Kabs at all.

I personally would like to keep Savard around till Seguin is more proven and has more experience. David seems great on the first line and Bergy has skills too. My concern would be a injury to David and moving having to move Bergy to first line duty and Seguin to second line duty. No doubt Seguin and Bergy could handle these roles if need be but I like the center depth the team has (Like the Peguins).

I may would look for a more cost effective approch like Doc said earlier, someone like a Corvo. Another poster mentioned Paul Mara as well, I really don't know much about his game or what he brings to the table.

Old
11-07-2010, 11:08 AM
dsbs333

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Why would the Bruins even worry about getting Sturm or Savy back? Money ?/ I dont get it,they may come back and ruin everything too. They are flying right now and all these guys mentioned in trades are playing great Ryder has been great so far this yr,So why fix what is not broken.This team is playing great hockey and Sturm and savard are both type players that are easily knocked off puck and injury prone.
finally somebody who knows what they are talking about

dsbs333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Alan Ryan

There is speculation (Bruce Garrioch) that Ottawa GM Murray will try to move 23 year old defenseman Brian Lee at the GM's meeting this week.

Sun article: http://slambios.canoe.ca/sportsplus/...layer.cgi?4979

Lee is a former 1st round pick (#9) who has a one way contract at $875,000. He has good size at 6'3" and 206 pounds. His profile indicates that he is a PMD with a RH shot. Boston needs one of those.

Some Senators fans think he hasn't had a fair shake in Ottawa, especially from Coach Clouston, and that Lee needs a change of scenery.

Any interest from Bruins fans? If he is worth pursuing, what players/prospects would be a good return for Lee?

Lee's profile: http://slambios.canoe.ca/sportsplus/...layer.cgi?4979

Last edited by Alan Ryan: 11-08-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote