HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brassard: "our owner doesnt like hockey as much as his father"

Old
11-04-2010, 08:57 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
"Veľa kriku pre nič" (a lot of scream for nothing) is another Slovak proverb. It does not mean that you scream. It means that someone (i do not think you I only explain) says a lot of thing about unimportant things.
Yeah and screaming in the context that I was using it didn't mean literally screaming. It meant something close to "Making an issue out of it".

The ways that we used it was close enough that it made little difference to the conversation.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Honestly this whole thing is silly. This is like a -5 on a scale of 1-10 on drama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
"Veľa kriku pre nič" (a lot of scream for nothing) is another Slovak proverb. It means that someone (i do not think you I only explain) says a lot of thing about unimportant things.
I agree with these.

Old
11-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimers stache View Post
What are you talking about? He has been our best player with the exception of Mathieu Garon.
IMHO, a contract isn't earned over a week's worth of good hockey. Right now, he's being paid based on potential vs. actual performance.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
staaaaaahppp!

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
That's one hell of a drug you are on. Sure he's scoring more now, but he has been far from our best player. I appreciate the points, but he isn't creating anywhere near what he did before the injury a couple of years ago, right now he is shooting everything and it's going in. He still needs to get his creative juices flowing before he can even be considered top 5 on the jackets currently.
If you don't even consider Brass a top 5 player on the Jackets at present, you should consider getting on one hell of an ADHD drug because I'm not sure how anyone who's payed attention to the recent stretch of games can come to that conclusion.

11-04-2010, 10:04 PM
gocbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I don't care if they speak up, even if it doesn't solve a darn thing. At some point it could become a distraction and not very constructive.

Best case this whole thing made Brass relax some.
Everything he said is true. Mr. Mac loved the team and it showed. His son is just the owner. He sure does not seem to have the same passion.

Why do people get blasted for the truth?

Beats the heck out of, "We need to get the pucks in deep and keep it simple".

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
If you don't even consider Brass a top 5 player on the Jackets at present, you should consider getting on one hell of an ADHD drug because I'm not sure how anyone who's payed attention to the recent stretch of games can come to that conclusion.
He's been a lot better recently, I'd still say Methot, Umberger, Pahlsson, and Nash have been better and arguably Mackenzie and Dorsett have been on his same level. He's scoring goals, which is huge, but other players are more of a force out there every time they are on the ice, his goals have been coming from some pretty plays from his teammates, not of his own doing. I'd love to see you put Brassard ahead of any of those guys, and be able to justify it.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Rimers stache

Quote:
He's been a lot better recently, I'd still say Methot, Umberger, Pahlsson, and Nash have been better and arguably Mackenzie and Dorsett have been on his same level. He's scoring goals, which is huge, but other players are more of a force out there every time they are on the ice, his goals have been coming from some pretty plays from his teammates, not of his own doing. I'd love to see you put Brassard ahead of any of those guys, and be able to justify it.
I'm not disputing the fact that Pahlsson, Mackenzie, and Dorse aren't working their ***** off. But seriously what would be the bigger loss to the team those three or Brass? As CBJ fans we love and appreciate work rate and hustle. It's the most honest way to determine had work, BUT the skill that Brass brings and his current hustle/effort makes a bigger and better asset.

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:34 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
Everything he said is true. Mr. Mac loved the team and it showed. His son is just the owner. He sure does not seem to have the same passion.

Do I really need to repeat it's usually not a good idea to embarrass your employer? And the bashing has been at a minimum. You creating a mountain out of a mole hill? Seems to me your just as bad as small minority getting worked up over what he said.

And finally, why do people feel like it's necessary to have me defend or on some side on this issue? I'm not defending Brass or those few poor souls attacking him. It wasn't a smart thing Brass did, he knows it, apologized, it's over. It's time for you to get over it already.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
staaaaaahppp!

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
The only skaters you can make a case for are Methot and Umberger. Nash hasn't been better then Brassard and as RS said, those other guys are good but aren't as valuable to the Jackets as Brassard has been.

Brassard atm, is the Jackets offense. You can argue that his goals have been relatively easy, but I don't see any of the top 6 guys, minus Umberger, scoring them. He's making things happen offensively and he's gotten to the point where he isn't a liability in his own zone.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:47 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
The only skaters you can make a case for are Methot and Umberger. Nash hasn't been better then Brassard and as RS said, those other guys are good but aren't as valuable to the Jackets as Brassard has been.

Brassard atm, is the Jackets offense. You can argue that his goals have been relatively easy, but I don't see any of the top 6 guys, minus Umberger, scoring them. He's making things happen offensively and he's gotten to the point where he isn't a liability in his own zone.
And he is improving on face-offs too

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Doug19

Quote:

We aren't disputing who's more valuable, hell I'd go as far as saying Brassard is probably the 2nd most important player on this roster, if he goes down we lack serious center depth, however we are talking about how they are playing. Those guys I mentioned, while not as valuable as Brassard, are playing better than him currently. He's getting a lot better now, but he hasn't had to work for any of his goals other than being in the right spot, and he hasn't been creating anything for his line. He's getting better, but you guys are to quick to pull the trigger on "he's back". Also the Nash point is disputable, because Brassard didn't pull his head out of his ass until he got to play with Nash, so is his recent goals a coincidence of playing with Nash? Nope, he's scoring these goals because of the work that Nash and Voracek have been doing in the offensive zone finally. He's a lot better now than he was at game 3 though.

Old
11-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimers stache View Post
I'm not disputing the fact that Pahlsson, Mackenzie, and Dorse aren't working their ***** off. But seriously what would be the bigger loss to the team those three or Brass? As CBJ fans we love and appreciate work rate and hustle. It's the most honest way to determine had work, BUT the skill that Brass brings and his current hustle/effort makes a bigger and better asset.
I agree that Brassard is a bigger asset than those 3, but those 3 have also been able to be stellar in the defensive zone, while being a force in the offensive zone nearly every time on the ice. Brassard is starting to do that again, but he isn't there yet.

Old
11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
CBJFan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post

I disagree with this. Not blasting anyone, just disagreeing.

When Mr. Mac founded the team, he was semi-retired and JPM was taking over more of the day to day stuff. JPM is not retired, and doesn't have the same time to focus on the team. Not that he doesn't want to, he just has to have other priorities.

Worthington Industries, JPM and JHM the 2nd both played for when I played against them in D league a few years ago. JPM was actually a bit dirty in the corners, frankly. I don't believe he doesn't have passion for the game, I think he's just a different person with less time on his hands than his father.

CBJFan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote