HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bob a philly star.

Old
11-05-2010, 04:38 PM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

vCash: 500
Bob a philly star.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=542626

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 05:24 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

F ya!

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 05:54 PM
IrishSniper87

In Bob We Trust.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by girouxrichards View Post
As great as the part about Bob was,I was delighted by what Boucher had to say... as always, the good soldier.

While Flyers veteran goalie Brian Boucher certainly would enjoy more time between the pipes these days, he certainly understands the decision to ride red-hot Russian rookie Sergei Bobrovsky.

As such, Boucher (1-2-1, 2.26 GAA, .898 save percentage) has proven to be the consummate teammate.

"Brian's been a guy who works hard and is here for the team," Flyers coach Peter Laviolette said. "When called upon, he's done a good job. I thought Brian did a good job (in a 2-1 loss to Columbus on Oct. 25) on a night when we were a touch off. He gave us an opportunity to win. He had a terrific camp and a good start to the season. But he's been here in a supportive way right now because Bob's gotten the last few starts."

Boucher, 33, has been around long enough to realize that being supportive is part of his job.

"I think it's important because we all have the same goal in mind here and that is to win games and ultimately win the Stanley Cup in the end," Boucher said. "At times we may have guys that are carrying the load, whether it be offensively, defensively or goaltending, and thatís great. But at the end of the day, we need everybody to be on the same page. It's a team game and you see it all the time. If you have people going in a different direction and you aren't pulling for the same goals, you won't reach them.

"I've been a pro for a long time now and I realize through experience that this is part of the gig. Sometimes you might not always be happy with your role at times, but you have to put your best foot forward and be a good teammate and be prepared. You just never know when the opportunity will come your way."

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:55 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Quote:
but how about the fact he -- finally -- was added to EA Sports' NHL '11 with an impressive 81 rating Tuesday.

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 07:34 PM
DickTony

God damn I love this kid.

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:16 AM
SgtJoseph

Boosh is the ultimate team player and a class act, People can say what they want but i am glad we have a guy like Boosh, he deserved last years standing ovation during the playoffs.Bobrovsky has a good role model in Boosh.And whats not to like about Bob ? He has been one heck of a story, and you just can't help but root for him, he deserves to be right where he is.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

The one thing that showed me how good Bob was, was when Boosh said he was the quickest goaltender he has ever seen. For a goalie to say that about another one, let alone on the same team. That says something

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
The one thing that showed me how good Bob was, was when Boosh said he was the quickest goaltender he has ever seen. For a goalie to say that about another one, let alone on the same team. That says something
The legend has begun... I believe it was on the between periods analysis or something on CSN where a panel member -- might have been Clement, I'm not sure -- said that Bob had the quickest moves by a goalie ever (paraphrased)... The man is quick, but let's not go all homer on this... I just thought that to be a bit over the top at this point in time.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 05:10 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I've never seen a goalie go post to post as fast as he can. It looks like reese has actually told him to hug the post a little longer before flying across. This guy is going to be a star in this league for a number of years

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Cleary84

Awesome quote by O'Donnell in there.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Bittco

before holmgren deals with his boch/leighton issue i hope boosh can impart some knowledge on bob about being a out of nowhere type rookie so that going forward bob will be prepared next year when teams inevitably have the time to study him and look for flaws- many a good young goalie has been undone by not working to constantly progress

Bittco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:02 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Dude's got much more natural athleticism and quickness that I had thought. I get more psyched on this kid every single day.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittco View Post
before holmgren deals with his boch/leighton issue i hope boosh can impart some knowledge on bob about being a out of nowhere type rookie so that going forward bob will be prepared next year when teams inevitably have the time to study him and look for flaws- many a good young goalie has been undone by not working to constantly progress
From the sounds of his interviews, I'd worry about burnout before I'd worry about him not working to improve. Seems like he's all business, which is cool, but I hope once he's settled in he makes it a point to savor the moment, maybe even crack a smile or laugh or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Awesome quote by O'Donnell in there.
I agree. It says a lot to me that a guy who is as seasoned as O'Donnell made it a point to call Bobrovsky a man, and show a lot of respect for his work ethic.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote