HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

The Adult Hockey League Roster

Old
11-05-2010, 11:19 AM
mooseOAK*

vCash: 500
The Adult Hockey League Roster

In case this hasn't been posted before: http://www.glaciericerink.com/cat/3/67

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Pog Form

Nice find. I'm 25 (been playing in beer leagues since I was about 18) and can safely say I've played with or against pretty much every one of those types.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Seen it and still love it. Reminds me of when our goalie missed literally five minutes in the first last year. One of our D-men borrowed a catcher and blocker and goalie stick and made 4 of 5 saves to start the game. Hilarious.

I love my progression from The Young Guy to the Guy With New Girlfriend to the Guy With New Wife to the Corporate Guy. Pretty much fits it to a T.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:48 PM
mooseOAK*

A variation on the guy with a new girlfriend is that you will see her sitting in the cold rink at 11 pm watching him play but once she snags him never shows up again.

Then there is the guy who just had a kid and has to take 3 years off until he can play again or can only get out once a month by negotiation.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Ampersand

I dont have a Tardy goalie perse, my goalie would just rather chat in the drassing room and take his sweet time getting suited up. He is usually on the ice with 1 minute left in warm up.

Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:56 PM
noobman

I went from the young guy to the Johnny Try-Hard, and now I'm just bad :laugh;

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:20 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 2466
We have the classic "The Complete Psycho" and he is a fireman.

Our captan is "The Organizer", "The Ringer", and "The Gary Roberts"

I'm "the beginner" with exception of being at all the games. I have rep hockey obligations for my son and if my wife is out of town (like this week) I can't take him to an 11:00 PM game and get him home at 1:00 AM then up at 6:00 AM for a goalie class. Otherwise I would be "The beginner". with a touch of "Corporate Guy" except I don't drink at all and my skills are not that good.

Our Goalie is Martin Brodeur, dose not fall into any category on this list.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:25 PM
StrictlyCommercial

vCash: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
We have the classic "The Complete Psycho" and he is a fireman.

Our captan is "The Organizer", "The Ringer", and "The Gary Roberts"

I'm "the beginner" with exception of being at all the games. I have rep hockey obligations for my son and if my wife is out of town (like this week) I can't take him to an 11:00 PM game and get him home at 1:00 AM then up at 6:00 AM for a goalie class. Otherwise I would be "The beginner". with a touch of "Corporate Guy" except I don't drink at all and my skills are not that good.

Our Goalie is Martin Brodeur, dose not fall into any category on this list.
That would be the Ringer. (Goalies can be ringers too, our new goalie is looking to be a ringer)

I have no idea where I fall on that list, at the start of the year I was basically the beginner, now maybe i'm the minor hockey allstar, although I do make some sweet passes once in awhile.

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
SJGoalie32

Hey, I totally resemble the Tardy Goalie!

In my/our defense though....we do have lives off the rink, too. Lives that we have to constantly put on hold to play because the game doesn't get played without us. I can't even begin to count the number of friend's parties, birthdays, nights out, date nights, family dinners, NHL games I had tickets to, shortened vacations, or even just quiet nights at home that I've had to skip over the years because my team depends on me to show up.

I know that's part of the deal of the position, and part of why we get to play for free......but dang, sometimes, you just want to have a life outside hockey, too.

This became a bit of a sore spot for me of late. I always get on the ice on time, but I don't always have time for warmups. I took my share of harmless grief--which I can take to a point--but recently I just started getting fed up. I finally just snapped one night and threw it back in a few of their faces:

"Alright, I'll tell you what: for everybody who has a problem with how late I get to games after a 10-hour shift at work, I will give a free pass to anybody on this team who has played in more games this season than I have.........oh right, that's NONE of you!"

"So if you've got a problem my tardiness, Mr. 'It's 25 minutes til game time, but I'm going to bail without calling anybody because I heard my buddy is throwing a major house party and his sister's hot friend will be there,'......or you, Mr. 'I'm still slightly hungover from last night so I'm going to skip the game, but not the bar,' or you, Mr. 'I'm leaving after the second period so I can go watch a movie at my friend's house and there's still 6 other skaters,' ...... please kindly blow it out your ***, because, as tardy as I might be, at least *I* show up at every game."

SJGoalie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Trojan35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJGoalie32 View Post
"Alright, I'll tell you what: for everybody who has a problem with how late I get to games after a 10-hour shift at work, I will give a free pass to anybody on this team who has played in more games this season than I have.........oh right, that's NONE of you!"

"So if you've got a problem my tardiness, Mr. 'It's 25 minutes til game time, but I'm going to bail without calling anybody because I heard my buddy is throwing a major house party and his sister's hot friend will be there,'......or you, Mr. 'I'm still slightly hungover from last night so I'm going to skip the game, but not the bar,' or you, Mr. 'I'm leaving after the second period so I can go watch a movie at my friend's house and there's still 6 other skaters,' ...... please kindly blow it out your ***, because, as tardy as I might be, at least *I* show up at every game."
Epic. Next time youtube it.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote