HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Our new first line! We win 3-2

Old
11-05-2010, 09:21 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Halpren, Pouliot and Darche were a great line. Pouliot plays better with these guys as they work harder than Gomez and both make more room on the ice for him. Martin better keep him there as it is working, I hope he doesn't pull a move and put Pouliot back Gomez and Gionta.

Gomez and Gionta need to be seperated. Next game if Pleks is ready to go we have to put the Kostitsyn/Plekanec/Cammalleri line together, put Gionta/Eller/Moen together and then put Gomez with Lapierre and Pyatt or Boyd.

Price was awesome.

At what point do I wonder do the Habs start thinking Gomez = Redden/Souray???

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:22 PM
FeelsLike93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Please break up Gomez and Gionta already...

Eller - Plekanec - Gionta
Cammalleri - Gomez - Kostitsyn

Huge game by the Halpern line, what a sick signing Halpern has been.
i like those lines.
but yeah as someone said i can definitely see JM putting Pouliot back with gomez&gio

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Peacock

Glad the support guys showed up tonight to take up the slack. Great performance by our third line.

If the power play is as impotent tomorrow as it was today I'd be all for calling up Weber for the first game next week. Another goal tonight, doux jésus.

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:24 PM
SonOfGom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornwallcreeper View Post
Insulting my beautiful and intelligent acronym
sorry

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
strutsboa

Halpern with 4+6, +7 and 55.9% faceoff is just insane!

strutsboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH˛ View Post
It's on but I'm not really listening, did they just say the same thing ?
They were talking about the same play you are talking about right before you brought it up, thought you were watching.

At least now we know the brilliant hockey minds around here are just as bright as those on RDS

c hand 29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGom View Post
sorry
Haha I'm just kidding man, no problem !

c hand 29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

The Sabres got badly outflanked by the Halpern, Darche, and Pouliot line. The Sabres just couldn't match up to them almost every single shift. An exercise in domination.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:28 PM
E = CH˛

Quote:
They were talking about the same play you are talking about right before you brought it up, thought you were watching.

At least now we know the brilliant hockey minds around here are just as bright as those on RDS
Mmm, I'm not sure if that's a jab at me or RDS...

E = CH˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
Glad the support guys showed up tonight to take up the slack. Great performance by our third line.

If the power play is as impotent tomorrow as it was today I'd be all for calling up Weber for the first game next week. Another goal tonight, doux jésus.
Weber's goal tonight was a beauty too, pounced on a loose puck in open ice, let go a howitzer of a shot, top corner. No goalie in the world saves it. He played well, showed some poise and a little physical edge to his game (only a little), was involved in clearing guys away from the net after whistles etc. He just might be able to cope in the bigs now, and for sure his shot is first line PP worthy.

Another guy to really watch as a prospect is Nash. He's raw as hell but he's already on the first PP unit and the second key D pairing (with Carle.) This guy might turn into a very nice versatile D man down the road, although probably not a big points getter.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:30 PM
SonOfGom

Quote:
Haha I'm just kidding man, no problem !
I know. I just like this smilie

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700

Haters gonna hate material!

Looks like the home crowd

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:33 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
Pouliot couldn't make things happen with Gionta and Gomez and he does it with Halpern and Darche.

shows everything we need to know: Pouliot wasn't the problem.

Watch JM next move: he's going to put Pouliot back with Gomez and Gionta.
Sigh..You guys are so creative with the whining. People were claiming he hated Pouliot because he placed him on that line. He knows what he is doing, yet rather than speak positively on him for doing that. You whine.

By the way, so what if he puts Pouliot there? I doubt he will do so at the moment but would it be crazy if he tries to place a talented player on a line struggling to score?

With that said, Gionta,Gomez and Andrei the Giant generated lots of chances. I'd keep them together for a while. If they start producing, I'd like to try out a Pouliot,Pleks and Cammy Line. Keep Eller as a center.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Mr Rogers

I was thinking about the long term situation with Gomez as one of our go-to guys. Theoretically speaking, what would be the damage if say he was placed on waivers? Do you think a team would pick him up?

(Personally I don't think we're at that point yet and I definately don't think Gauthier would do something like this)

Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:37 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

Haters gonna hate material!

Looks like the home crowd
That lady must be a habs fan.

Old
11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
NewHabsEra*

Thx to Carey Price for shuting up the door in the first, without Price we lose this game in the first..

well amazing night for the Pouliot Halpern Darche line.. Halpern is an amazing signing..

The D core played good overall..

But god Gomez SUCK!! This guy is the second worst post lock-out signing after Redden, I just cant see him spending the next 4 years here, will be bought out at some point.. He has to step up big time, stop cheating on the forecheck, stop trying to be fancy, has to go to the net, has to get his nose dirty and accept to be hit to make a play, has to take better decisions with the puck, .. ALOT of work to do for our 8 millions guy.. Once Leblanc is ready for the NHL, Gomez is gone book it..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:43 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiGGy View Post
I was thinking about the long term situation with Gomez as one of our go-to guys. Theoretically speaking, what would be the damage if say he was placed on waivers? Do you think a team would pick him up?

(Personally I don't think we're at that point yet and I definately don't think Gauthier would do something like this)
Nobody in the league is crazy enough to trade for him, we are stuck with Gomez until someone is ready to replace him, then buy out..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:47 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Thx to Carey Price for shuting up the door in the first, without Price we lose this game in the first..

well amazing night for the Pouliot Halpern Darche line.. Halpern is an amazing signing..

The D core played good overall..

But god Gomez SUCK!! This guy is the second worst post lock-out signing after Redden, I just cant see him spending the next 4 years here, will be bought out at some point.. He has to step up big time, stop cheating on the forecheck, stop trying to be fancy, has to go to the net, has to get his nose dirty and accept to be hit to make a play, has to take better decisions with the puck, .. ALOT of work to do for our 8 millions guy.. Once Leblanc is ready for the NHL, Gomez is gone book it..
, do you make that up so you can be even more frustrated with him? Lord willing, when Leblanc is an NHL'er he won't be a superstar. It will take time( Not saying he will necessarily be a superstar).

And why is that Gionta gets a pass? They are both trying out there but things aren't working out for them.

Old
11-05-2010, 09:47 PM
zzoo

I wonder what Gomez is thinking right now when he sees Halpern stats (4g - 6a). Gomez: 1g, 2a. The same for Gionta.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:48 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Nobody in the league is crazy enough to trade for him, we are stuck with Gomez until someone is ready to replace him, then buy out..
yup, get used to him cuz he will be here for at least another few years.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
, has to get his nose dirty and accept to be hit to make a play, ..
Couldn't put it better... Gomez being off the hook because Moen was doing all the dirty work wasn't helping.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
You lose one current top 6 forward, and the need to add a top 6 guy becomes so much more apparent.

Pouliot - Halpern - Darche is turning into a fine third line. You need to acquire someone (or try someone from Hamilton) to round out the top 6. Eller may get there some day, but I'd be ok with him centering the fourth for now.

Glad to get an important win tonight. Still work to be done though.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
NEW GUY - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Halpern - Darche
Rotation involving Moen/Lapierre/Eller/Boyd/Pyatt

Maybe someone will take Spacek off our hands for an equally struggling offensive winger. A change of scenery might wake them up type of deal.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Chugnz33

tips to the PP and the first two lines : shoot the puck to the ****ing net, stop making fancy passes.

+Gomez is to freaking predictable, he always make a pass on a 2 on 1, even in a almost breakaway he stop to make a freaking pass, it makes me crazy!!!! SHOOT DAMN IT

+to Cammy and Gio, hit the net when you take a shot, its god damn 6x4, stop trying to get the little hole

Chugnz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:54 PM
E = CH˛

Quote:
But god Gomez SUCK!! This guy is the second worst post lock-out signing after Redden,
Drury ?

Old
11-05-2010, 09:58 PM
E = CH˛

And I'll suggest something here, send Eller to Hamilton.

He's useless on a 4th line and he seems to be regressing. I thought he looked better in his first few games than he does now...

I just think he needs ice time to develop. Don't think playing with grinders and sitting whole periods is any good for him.

Not to mention we save on quite a bit of cap space for another move, and we could call up White.