HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexei Mikhnov?

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 05:07 PM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Alexei Mikhnov?

ok, this may of been asked already, and if it has, i apologize for the double post.

why has this guy not been to any of our camps. we drafted him back in 2000 or 2001 i believe and the organization was REALLY high on his skill level at that time. i then heard about him like a year later and they still seemed to be very pleased with his development.

what im wondering is if they even have him in their plans anymore? he has to be 21 by now, and the fact he hasnt (at least to my knowledge) been to any of our camps yet doesnt bode well. is he under contract in Russia to some team? basically im wondering what the deal is with him. thanks for any help.

Old
10-05-2003, 05:18 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

In Europe the coaches have alot of control over their players...and They told Mikhnov that if he leaves to noth america not to come back...chances are is that he will be here next year (i hope)

Old
10-05-2003, 05:51 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

From GuyF's interview with Prendergast..

--start--
A: Mikhnov was two days away from coming to our prospects camp this past June and he just resigned with his team in Siberia. When he asked his coach if it was OK for him to come his coach said ‘yes he could go but don’t come back’. Over the course of the last two years it’s been a struggle for the organization for where we took him, and for Alexei too being a Ukrainian kid playing in Russia. Last year in Novosibirsk he had a real good year and Frank Musil, our scout in the Czech Republic, went in to see him play twice and the first thing that he noticed was that (Mikhnov) is no longer a boy he’s a man now. He’s 215 lbs and 6-4.5 so he’s coming in the right direction. Being a first round selection and considering the amount of money you have to fork out, especially for a small team like ourselves, we want to 100% sure that he’s able to come over here and contribute. After talking to a number of scouts in Europe and Central Scouting in Europe, everybody’s on the same page. This kid has come a long way in the past two years and if he continues to go that way then maybe next year, if there’s no lock out, then we’ll try and do something and bring Alexei over to North America.

--end--

Alexei has 4 goals so far this year. He is sounding like he is becoming quite the rushing power forward...

I hoe he does come over next year.

Old
10-05-2003, 07:33 PM
jadeddog

ok cool, thanks for the info.... 215 and 6'4 eh? sounds pretty good to me

Old
10-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Allan

http://www.russianprospects.com/prof...p?player_id=71

They're a bit behind, but hopefully it will be updated soon. He's playing for Sibir Novosibirsk in the RSL. Wears number 8, if you care.

This pic was posted in another thread (sorry, can't remember who). He's the giant in white in front of the net.

http://www.hcsibir.ru/index.php?acti...v=162&next=164

Old
10-06-2003, 07:31 AM
jadeddog

cool, thanks for the links. i saw that size and was praying for a centre, lol.... oh well i guess.... still looks like he might be a decent player someday, but we wont know until we can get him over here.... hopefully next year, though i think the oilers roster will be even harder to crack next year (thats assuming there *is* a next year)

Closed Thread