HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Our new first line! We win 3-2

Old
11-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Not a single goal from our top 6 in the last 3 games.

This will not look good when we'll face better team.
Better they deal with their slumps now with lesser teams than dealing them against better teams

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:51 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
He's not worthy of the 11 on his jersey.
Koivu neither. But I'm not crying because of it.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSquid View Post
Im not kidding here, bet it would work out

Cammy-Plek-Kostitsyn
Moen-Gomez-Subban
Lapierre-Eller-Gionta
Pouliot-Halpern-Darche

Markov-Gorges
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Picard
Subban started off as a forward so it probably wouldn't be that bad but that Gill-Picard pairing scares me. I do agree that Gomez and Gionta need to be split off but long term I don't think the PhD line could put the lime in the coconut night in night out against top d-men. For the time being, however, while they're hot I wouldn't mind adjusting our forwards to look something like this:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pouliot-Halpern-Darche
Lapierre-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Gomez-Pyatt/Boyd

The left winger on the third line could be switched around but this gives Eller a legitimate winger to work with and Lapierre gives them a little bit of everything as well as takes attention away from the other two. Playing against bottom defense pairings might get Gionta going as well. As for Gomez this is more about giving him a kick in the pants after his last couple of games but the fourth line would still be pretty good on the defensive end of the spectrum. Also I think we should keep Kostitsyn up on the top line. I think he would've been good or at least responsible for a goal or two tonight had he been properly supported. One of the last things we need is this guy to cool off.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:02 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Price Ftmfw

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:02 AM
KristoLeblanc*

Cammalleri has been terrible this season.

Shooting wide, always going for the top corner, can't deke anyone, can't make any pass, lose every 1 on 1 battle along the board.

Him, Gionta and Gomez aren't doing anything offensively and they combine for 18 millions.

I love Cammalleri, he is a good player but he needs to step it up and stop always aiming for the top corner shot.

KristoLeblanc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:27 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Subban started off as a forward so it probably wouldn't be that bad but that Gill-Picard pairing scares me. I do agree that Gomez and Gionta need to be split off but long term I don't think the PhD line could put the lime in the coconut night in night out against top d-men. For the time being, however, while they're hot I wouldn't mind adjusting our forwards to look something like this:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pouliot-Halpern-Darche
Lapierre-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Gomez-Pyatt/Boyd

The left winger on the third line could be switched around but this gives Eller a legitimate winger to work with and Lapierre gives them a little bit of everything as well as takes attention away from the other two. Playing against bottom defense pairings might get Gionta going as well. As for Gomez this is more about giving him a kick in the pants after his last couple of games but the fourth line would still be pretty good on the defensive end of the spectrum. Also I think we should keep Kostitsyn up on the top line. I think he would've been good or at least responsible for a goal or two tonight had he been properly supported. One of the last things we need is this guy to cool off.
Sorry buddy, but you can write your line up any way you want to, the "PHD line" will never be considered the 2nd line, and Gomez won't be considered to be playing the 4th line... he'll be considered to be playing amongst scrubs/4th liners, yes, but get real, Darche and Halpern ARE 4th liners, and Pouliot is probably a 3rd liner trying to prove he can be more... never in a hundred years will they be considered our 2nd line.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:44 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
koivu played with his heart on his sleeve. He gave everything he had to the franchise, yet he is not worthy of wearing a number? You need a reality check.

Anyways, I thought the habs were very sloppy for the first 40 minutes, but they looked much more structured in the 3rd period and shut things down for the most part. The sabres just have no confidence right now. Their skill guys are just invisible. I'm starting to wonder whether these guys can get out of their funk in time.

another 2 points in the bank...

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:38 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Sorry buddy, but you can write your line up any way you want to, the "PHD line" will never be considered the 2nd line, and Gomez won't be considered to be playing the 4th line... he'll be considered to be playing amongst scrubs/4th liners, yes, but get real, Darche and Halpern ARE 4th liners, and Pouliot is probably a 3rd liner trying to prove he can be more... never in a hundred years will they be considered our 2nd line.
I think one of the things that allows that line to produce the way they do is that they aren't one of the top two lines. Less pressure on them to score so they're looser and more confident on the ice, and it shows particularly with Pouliot. Put Pouls back on a line called the 1st or 2nd and watch him disappear again, for now at least.

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:04 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Amazing game by the PHD Line to say the least. And Price for keeping us in the game as well. Not sure why people are also bringing AKost in their negatives tonight, I thought he was doing what he could with what's left of Gomez and Gionta.....A good game for AKost.

As far as the negatives, for the very first time this year, Eller made me believe he wasn't ready for this league. Turnovers after turnovers, never in the right place, I guess it's not easy to change teamates game after game but he looked beyond bad. Gomez, Gionta and Cammy....enough said. At one point, while you can't blame Gionta for his lack of trying, I'm seriously believing that on top of not being lucky both Gomez and Cammy are starting to slow down as well. If you can't score, how about work hard to prevent it.

And I agree with E=CH2...I've rarely seen that fake breakway Gomez pulled. It's not like the guy isn't fast. And even if he was almost stopped, the guy has great first steps, the breakway was there. But again, wants other players to get him out of his misery instead of doing it by himself.

Yes, Halpern is a GREAT signing. Liked the signing when it happened, glad to see him do what he does. And Darche was a perfect 13th forward like I also mentioned. Proving even that in SOME games (he won't do that every game), he will be more than that. Boyd is slowly but surely fighting to get that 13th spot.....dissapointing to see. Great to see Pools with some goals. The guy is wise....using the fact that Lats is injured to get the attention on him..... Good job.

So again great signing for Halpern.....not so great trade for Gomez....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:11 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
Pouliot, Grier and Markov as the 3 stars in HBSC Arena.
OMFG If it wasn't for Price it would have been 9-3... This poor kid can get no respect !

/thread

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:17 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
It's on but I'm not really listening, did they just say the same thing ?
My father told me all about the birds and the bees, the liar - I went steady with a woodpecker till I was twenty-one

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:25 AM
mikeg

why do i read this crap? it's like a traffic accident ... i.. just... can't..... look.... away

mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Halpern with 4+6, +7 and 55.9% faceoff is just insane!
He is a fine hockey player and we are lucky to have him at such a bargain. I would keep him with Darche and Pouliot. They are a great mix of insane forecheck, defense,face-off wins,goal scoring...That line along with Price won us the game last night. Martin best leave well enough alone....These three are comitted to playing hockey the right way....The way you have to play to win games at the NHL level.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:16 AM
nnynetpotato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Also, good for Halpern. People complained so much about these three guys. Why did we sign Darche so early? Why did we sign Halpern and not just let White play? Why did we trade Latendresse for Pouliot? Nice to see them shutting people up for a little while.
Halpern in particular for me.Some on here had no idea what a team guy he is,and how he's willing to put out his best even in limited minutes.

The top 6 of course have to get going as well-your fourth line can only win so many games-but it's a good night for the grinders.

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Amazing game by the PHD Line to say the least. And Price for keeping us in the game as well. Not sure why people are also bringing AKost in their negatives tonight, I thought he was doing what he could with what's left of Gomez and Gionta.....A good game for AKost.

As far as the negatives, for the very first time this year, Eller made me believe he wasn't ready for this league. Turnovers after turnovers, never in the right place, I guess it's not easy to change teamates game after game but he looked beyond bad. Gomez, Gionta and Cammy....enough said. At one point, while you can't blame Gionta for his lack of trying, I'm seriously believing that on top of not being lucky both Gomez and Cammy are starting to slow down as well. If you can't score, how about work hard to prevent it.

And I agree with E=CH2...I've rarely seen that fake breakway Gomez pulled. It's not like the guy isn't fast. And even if he was almost stopped, the guy has great first steps, the breakway was there. But again, wants other players to get him out of his misery instead of doing it by himself.

Yes, Halpern is a GREAT signing. Liked the signing when it happened, glad to see him do what he does. And Darche was a perfect 13th forward like I also mentioned. Proving even that in SOME games (he won't do that every game), he will be more than that. Boyd is slowly but surely fighting to get that 13th spot.....dissapointing to see. Great to see Pools with some goals. The guy is wise....using the fact that Lats is injured to get the attention on him..... Good job.

So again great signing for Halpern.....not so great trade for Gomez....
Eller looked like he was jittery and made mistakes everywhere...He is lacking physical department....He could use 10-15 pounds on him in order to play at this level. I think Pouliot has finally found his compliment of players . He played with more jump and confidence, knocking pucks out of mid air, forechecking, just a great game by him and his line....I wish we hade a bigger center instead of Gomez to play with Gionta...that guy could score some goals with a linemate that gave him some room to work. I like the fact that these guys are finding ways to win inspite of the big guys not producing....Price has matured and is looking like he wants to be the "GUY". Go Habs Go!!!

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Eller looked like he was jittery and made mistakes everywhere...He is lacking physical department....He could use 10-15 pounds on him in order to play at this level. I think Pouliot has finally found his compliment of players . He played with more jump and confidence, knocking pucks out of mid air, forechecking, just a great game by him and his line....I wish we hade a bigger center instead of Gomez to play with Gionta...that guy could score some goals with a linemate that gave him some room to work. I like the fact that these guys are finding ways to win inspite of the big guys not producing....Price has matured and is looking like he wants to be the "GUY". Go Habs Go!!!
Eller is smooth with the puck, but he tends to panic with the puck a bit in the defensive zone, hence why he ended up sitting the last 10 minutes with a 1 goal lead. I really like his upside, but he is still a work in progress.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:29 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Darche...... wow.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

i cant believe price let in 2 goals.

dosent he know the standard? 0 goals or less.

i cant believe we traded halak.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 08:08 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

This is no better than the people who are anti-price. It's pretty much baiting them to make a comment about how we let Halak go next time Price has a poor game.

Just saying.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 08:25 AM
linp

The difference between this year's team and last year's is that we are winning those one goal game. Last year we tended to give up the lead late in the match.

I like Halpern's positioning. He has good chemistry with Darche. I prefer Pyatt than Boyd and Lapierre. Lapierre is lost on the ice.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
GTFO, plz. Thank you.

On a side note, everytime I hate on Darche, he impresses me more and more...props to Mathieu.

Gomez = GTFO & Gionta = playing really badly...they really need to be split up. And also, why does our PP never look like a PP...we always rush our passes, it always seems like we are playing 5on5 even though the other team is one man short.

Cammalleri has 6 pts in 13 games, thats not great either. Our midgets are shocking when we need them?

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

I don't understand, I don't know why people complain about price's treatment. He's getting tons of support, get over it.

halak is the better goalie right now. I've yet to see him play bad for long periods at a time, even when he had to fill in for huet he showed that he was a winner.

sure, price has been great, but halak has been even better for the blues. I don't really care we traded halak, it just annoys the **** out of me that since carey is playing well some posters want people to eat crow for wanting to keep halak. well, halak is 7-1-1 with a 9.40 sav.% and a 1.53 gaa to go along with 3 shutouts.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
GTFO, plz. Thank you.

On a side note, everytime I hate on Darche, he impresses me more and more...props to Mathieu.

Gomez = GTFO & Gionta = playing really badly...they really need to be split up. And also, why does our PP never look like a PP...we always rush our passes, it always seems like we are playing 5on5 even though the other team is one man short.

Cammalleri has 6 pts in 13 games, thats not great either. Our midgets are shocking when we need them?
I'd be more inclined to use the "when we need them" at playoff time, and those players played great, the team is 1 point out of 1st in the conference with those guys struggling, so not sure why you are making it seem like they are not there "when we need them" obviously we have not needed them that bad yet. Obviously I'd love for them to get clicking so we don't need 3 goals from the 3rd line, but a win is a win.

Old
11-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
I don't understand, I don't know why people complain about price's treatment. He's getting tons of support, get over it.

halak is the better goalie right now. I've yet to see him play bad for long periods at a time, even when he had to fill in for huet he showed that he was a winner.

sure, price has been great, but halak has been even better for the blues. I don't really care we traded halak, it just annoys the **** out of me that since carey is playing well some posters want people to eat crow for wanting to keep halak. well, halak is 7-1-1 with a 9.40 sav.% and a 1.53 gaa to go along with 3 shutouts.
Halak is not facing the quality of shots that Price gets on some nights where we give up 5-6 odd man rushes, it's happened in at least 5 games this year.

With Jackman and Polak on IR, Halak will start facing better shots in the next month or so.

Old
11-06-2010, 08:52 AM
linp

Let's give this new line Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta a few games to get their positions right. Last night Kostitsyn and Gionta were running into each other. When one of them shot, there was no one in front of the net. A few times they were standing side by side. We need one of them crashing the net (like Darche) while the other shoots. I think this line could work once they know each other better.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote