HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Get Pittsburgh A Real Winger; Version 5743

Old
11-05-2010, 07:59 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
The only significant contract going to UFA is Pascal Dupuis at $1.4m. Sure, you can get to $8m by addign up all the players who are going to UFA, but that number gets much much lower when you realize that they all need to be replaced. Dropping a guy like Rupp saves you $325k, Godard $225k, Kennedy $200k, etc.

Kennedy in fact is due a raise of $210k if they want to retain his RFA rights.
Isn't Kennedy's Qualifying offer 1.05 of his current contract? his current contract is 725k which would mean his QO is 761,250?

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 08:45 PM
v Wesco v
O LazZy T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPNJYZHdIfg
this man is all you need

v Wesco v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:09 PM
frankielax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
What do the Blues want?
If it is pretty certain that we won't resign Backes, I'd like to see him traded for a good return instead of losing him for free to FA (probably not a popular opinion in STL, but its how I feel). We need scoring. Not depth scoring. A legit scorer. I know his name is thrown around almost endlessly, but Staal is the only real option I see as being in a deal around Backes. Take Boyes as well if you'd like for a prospect or pick. Realistic at all?? If not then sue me, i generally hate doing trade proposals anyways, but what the heck.

Backes
Boyes

for

Staal
1st or 2nd rounder or near NHL ready prospect?

Although, I feel pretty good about Backes being resigned so how about Boyes for something? Not sure what his value is. He has been pretty bad the last couple years here, but he seems to really light it up for the first couple years after every time he's traded.

frankielax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:25 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankielax View Post
If it is pretty certain that we won't resign Backes, I'd like to see him traded for a good return instead of losing him for free to FA (probably not a popular opinion in STL, but its how I feel). We need scoring. Not depth scoring. A legit scorer. I know his name is thrown around almost endlessly, but Staal is the only real option I see as being in a deal around Backes. Take Boyes as well if you'd like for a prospect or pick. Realistic at all?? If not then sue me, i generally hate doing trade proposals anyways, but what the heck.

Backes
Boyes

for

Staal
1st or 2nd rounder or near NHL ready prospect?

Although, I feel pretty good about Backes being resigned so how about Boyes for something? Not sure what his value is. He has been pretty bad the last couple years here, but he seems to really light it up for the first couple years after every time he's traded.
We are not getting a 1st or second rounder if we got Staal. We would be lucky to get Staal for Boyes and Backes we would most likely have to add to that with a pick or prospect maybe even more.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:26 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

was gonna say something like Kessel+ like D'amigo for Malkin. IDK how everyone feels about that one tho.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:27 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
was gonna say something like Kessel+ like D'amigo for Malkin. IDK how everyone feels about that one tho.
That's insulting. You have to at least add Mike Brown to any deal for Malkin. I don't know, maybe Jeff Finger would be nice, too.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:31 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Haha. When Malkin's off his game he's easily a top 10 player in the world. When he's on his game Malkin is the best play in the world!

If you want to acquire a 24 year old at that skill level you're looking at giving up:

Oshie
Perron
Johnson
I've never really thought Malkin even at his best was better then Crosby or Ovi and now it would be debatable if he is better then Sedin or Stamkos.

Even Gretz in his prime would not net that return.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Ovechking

vCash: 1355
Hemsky for Staal. Let's do it.

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:21 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Perron is a very talented NHL talent right now. He honestly sometimes plays to fast for his teammates. He makes passing that they don't expect but someone like Crosby would put them in the back of the net. I think people are under rating Perron right not. The last couple season we had a coach that didn't seem to like to give our youth a fair chance so his stats are not as good as they should be.

Btw I totally understand Pitt not thinking about trading Malkin. Just saying the value of the trade wasn't as far off as you acted like it was. Also Cole will get a shot at the NHL right now due to 3 of our top 6 defensemen being hurt so we will see what he can do in the NHL.
I never said Perron wasn't a good player. I said that you can't make a key piece of a trade that includes one of the best players in the game, a player who MIGHT do something. We're looking for bonafides here in Pittsburgh. Guys who have done it and will continue to. That's the type of players Malkin will fetch. Not some high potential prospects. Perron COULD be a 40 goal scorer. He IS a 20 goal scorer.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote