HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Pittsburgh

Old
11-01-2010, 05:34 PM
ulysse84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontobruinsfan View Post
+1. Seriously, I don't get it either. This does look like its translated but it looks like the poster is in the US. Then I thought it was age related (too young) but no he's only a year older than me. So what's the deal here, why is the english sooooooooooooooooo bad?
I do my best, I'm not American by birth
sorry
I'm here for my son, he plays hockey
I have to translate , I have no choice

ulysse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!

This hasn't been closed yet? Oh right, it's not an Ovie trade proposal.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Torontobruinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse84 View Post
I do my best, I'm not American by birth
sorry
I'm here for my son, he plays hockey
I have to translate , I have no choice
Well that makes sense, no problem apologies if I came off rude, it was not my intent. I can only imagine how hard it would be for me to post in another language other than my own. So kudos to you!

Torontobruinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:57 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

How did the original proposal get edited and get worse at the same time?

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:01 PM
GordonGraham

Cam + subban or price +1st rounder might be enough but picard, lapierre LOL

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
Cam + subban or price +1st rounder might be enough but picard, lapierre LOL
Craig Adams = LOL also? I don't think Picard, Lapierre, or Adams are really the point in the OP's proposal. Take them or leave them, they don't affect it for either side.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Black Label

Craig Adams is the deal breaker. Do you know how hard it is to find guys that can score 0 goals in 82 games?

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
terrible.
No it's not, it gives Pittsburgh solid depth at wing they need. Cammalleri would be a 50 goal scorer with Crosby.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Hfboards2010

If Malkin is traded, I think he will be traded for four 1st or equivalent (ala Pronger OR offer sheet in the range of $8.700M)

The OP proposed: Cammalleri + 1st 2011 + 1st 2012 <> Malkin
But this proposition is missing one 1st.

So, here are some variations:
(1) Cammalleri + 1st (2011 + 2012 + 2013) + Gill (For cap) <> Malkin
(2) Gionta + Kostitsyn, A. + 1st (2011 + 2012) <> Malkin
(3) Gionta + Eller + 1st (2011 + 2012) + Gill (For cap) <> Malkin
(4) Cammalleri + Pouliot + Pacioretty + 1st (2011 + 2012) + Moen (For cap) <> Malkin
(5) Subban + Pouliot + Pacioretty + 1st (2011 + 2012) + Gomez (For cap) <> Malkin + Godard (For cap)
(6) Markov + Kostitsyn + 1st (2011) <> Malkin

There is probably some blockbuster (if those aren't already) that can be worked out for Malkin + Fleury <> ? + Price (Where Price is worth more than Fleury)

Hfboards2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 04:40 PM
CHill Seeker

these proposals make zero sense for both teams and especially the habs -- how the **** are the habs any better with no subban. markov and cammalleri?
who plays D? where is its offense generated?
nowhere

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
3, 2, 1...Blast Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
No it's not, it gives Pittsburgh solid depth at wing they need.
Last season, in Malkin's "down" year, he was on pace to score 32 more points than Cammalleri was (or the same difference between Cammalleri and Matt Cooke), despite playing all year with an ailing shoulder and Dupuis and Fedotenko as his most frequent linemates. Not to mention he's 4 years younger.

So yes, the proposal's completely terrible, unless you'd entertain trading Cammalleri for a 30 point scorer, a middle-of-the-road checking center, a mediocre defense prospect, and two 1sts.

Cooke, Talbot, Lovejoy, and 2 1sts. Hand Cammy over.

Not too enticing, is it?

Quote:
Cammalleri would be a 50 goal scorer with Crosby.
Hear that line a lot. Unfortunately, nobody's going to add value to your asset because of what you think he might do with their players.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Hfboards2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
these proposals make zero sense for both teams and especially the habs -- how the **** are the habs any better with no subban. markov and cammalleri?
who plays D? where is its offense generated?
nowhere
Your comment make zero sense: I haven't seen one proposal in this thread with Markov + Subban + Cammalleri. You have to trade quality to get quality. Also, it's a trade, someone is coming back, in this case: Malkin, who, I'm fairly certain, is superior to any single one of the players listed.

Old
11-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Bieber fever

you are all posting in a troll thread

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:04 PM
CHill Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfboards2010 View Post
Your comment make zero sense: I haven't seen one proposal in this thread with Markov + Subban + Cammalleri. You have to trade quality to get quality. Also, it's a trade, someone is coming back, in this case: Malkin, who, I'm fairly certain, is superior to any single one of the players listed.
many of the proposals would kill whatever remaining depth habs have...and malkin would be playing by himself

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Crosberry87

Quote:
If Malkin is traded, I think he will be traded for four 1st or equivalent (ala Pronger OR offer sheet in the range of $8.700M)

The OP proposed: Cammalleri + 1st 2011 + 1st 2012 <> Malkin
But this proposition is missing one 1st.

So, here are some variations:
(1) Cammalleri + 1st (2011 + 2012 + 2013) + Gill (For cap) <> Malkin
(2) Gionta + Kostitsyn, A. + 1st (2011 + 2012) <> Malkin
(3) Gionta + Eller + 1st (2011 + 2012) + Gill (For cap) <> Malkin
(4) Cammalleri + Pouliot + Pacioretty + 1st (2011 + 2012) + Moen (For cap) <> Malkin
(5) Subban + Pouliot + Pacioretty + 1st (2011 + 2012) + Gomez (For cap) <> Malkin + Godard (For cap)
(6) Markov + Kostitsyn + 1st (2011) <> Malkin

There is probably some blockbuster (if those aren't already) that can be worked out for Malkin + Fleury <> ? + Price (Where Price is worth more than Fleury)
The Pens are built to win now. First round picks are counterproductive.

Crosberry87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Hfboards2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
many of the proposals would kill whatever remaining depth habs have...and malkin would be playing by himself
Trading two to three players in exchange for one is killing MTL depth? If that's so, then MTL doesn't have any depth. I guess we should agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosberry87 View Post
The Pens are built to win now. First round picks are counterproductive.
IF (yeah right) Malkin is traded, I can't see 1st round pick not being involved. I know the Pens have perfected the bottom-dweller to Stanley-Cup-winner yo-yo, but most teams try to stay competitive (with varying degrees of success) for as long as possible.

Old
11-05-2010, 10:49 PM
CandiedBacon
Seguin and Hamilton

This undoubtedly needs a Jersey Shore GIF

CandiedBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:56 AM
Dharvey33

IMO i think the pens won't have any other choice then to trade either Malkin or Staal to get a top 6 winger. Staal is easily a 2nd line center and i think playing him on the third line is a waste of his talent. He is a great two way forward who can kill penalties.But Staal is more tradable then Malkin IMO.

A player if i was a pens fan i would want on the team next to crosby would be Patric Hornqvist, the guy can shoot the puck and drives to the net like a furious when he has a chance. I'd propose a deal like this:

To pittsburgh:
Patric Hornqvist
Kevin Klein

To nashville
Jordan Staal

I'm no nashville or pens expert just a hockey fan.

I'm a habs fan and i don't think there is a fit between the two teams we are loaded a center and need a top 6 winger just like the pens. I would like Kunitz but he is the best winger of the pens so i don't think he is available.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:44 AM
Vujtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
IMO i think the pens won't have any other choice then to trade either Malkin or Staal to get a top 6 winger. Staal is easily a 2nd line center and i think playing him on the third line is a waste of his talent. He is a great two way forward who can kill penalties.But Staal is more tradable then Malkin IMO.
Clearly you haven't been following Pens this year. Malkin has been playing winger this year - until this week. I'd say he's a pretty good top-6 winger. Staal would be our 2nd line center this year had he not been injured. There's no reason to trade either of them for a winger - because they're going to be playing on the same line as soon as Staal returns to the lineup.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 11:53 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post

A player if i was a pens fan i would want on the team next to crosby would be Patric Hornqvist, the guy can shoot the puck and drives to the net like a furious when he has a chance. I'd propose a deal like this:

To pittsburgh:
Patric Hornqvist
Kevin Klein

To nashville
Jordan Staal

I'm no nashville or pens expert just a hockey fan.

I'm a habs fan and i don't think there is a fit between the two teams we are loaded a center and need a top 6 winger just like the pens. I would like Kunitz but he is the best winger of the pens so i don't think he is available.
Pens don't need Kevin Klein and Staal's injury period has proved how important he is for the Pens.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Crosberry87

Quote:
Trading two to three players in exchange for one is killing MTL depth? If that's so, then MTL doesn't have any depth. I guess we should agree to disagree.

IF (yeah right) Malkin is traded, I can't see 1st round pick not being involved. I know the Pens have perfected the bottom-dweller to Stanley-Cup-winner yo-yo, but most teams try to stay competitive (with varying degrees of success) for as long as possible.
I agree. But the limit is 1 first rounder. Dealing him for multiple firsts is simply not worth it.

Crosberry87 is offline   Reply With Quote