HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offensive/Defensive lines changed!

Old
11-04-2010, 05:47 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Cammy played some point in Los Angeles...so he's got experience.
But he's one of the few guys who will actually go in front of the net...We're sticking him in back for what exactly?

I know he has a great shot but I dunno, he's better in the slot than at the point.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:42 PM
No Team Needed

Andrei with Gomez/Gionta is perfect. I've wanted to see this for the last two years in Montreal. Gionta can place himself near the crease for garbage, Andrei can carry and wire it from a pass by Gomez. There will be one less player trying to get the puck from the boards and instead play in position. I think it will ignite Gomez and Gionta.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
I wish those were the D pairings

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Hamrlik - Picard
Or O'bryne instead of Picard.

I still don't get how Spacek still gets chances.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzlaf View Post
To all the people who laugh at the fourth line, please go compare it to all the other fourth lines in the league. It's really not that bad. Plus, it's a fourth line, so who cares?

I would rather see Plekanec on the first wave of the PP, or at least have him play with Markov, but what can you do? At least the second wave won't be a turnover machine anymore.

The best decision is to remove Pouliot from the PP. Next, he needs to be removed from the NHL...
Wake up and compare Pouliot's stats in every category to those of Gomez, Gionta, and Eller. Your notion doesn'r coincide with reality.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Maybe I'm the only who sees it this way, but we talk about Gomez like he's career "average" center. He's not, he's a prolific playmaker and when he's on, he makes everyone around him better. If you get him going, and then in turn get Gionta going, the team will become exponentially better. So i have no problem with putting him on the 1st pp unit--and besides, the PP hasn't been working anyway, so might as well change it up.

Also, all the changes (ones that i semi-predicted yesterday) make the team more balanced. None of then may work, but if they do we'll be way better off than we were before. We'll have two really good top lines (not just one) and two really good PP units (with 2 legit point shooters). With our team healthy and still amongst the league leaders in points, this is the perfect time to attempt these experiments. If they pay off we could really be a good team, and not just battling for a playoff spot.
What do you call a playmaker who isn't on? Surely not a playmaker.

Old
11-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I'm loving the new lines if only to shake up the roster a bit and change things up as they can become complacent.

The only thing I'd knit pick isn't Eller or Kosty on the right but rather Pouliot on the 4th line. I think he's been playing really well lately and has scored some good goals by working hard. I'd rather see him on the 3rd and Lappy on the 4th. That being said, I don't think it makes a big difference in any case. Also, I wish Spacek would be bench for a game just so he can assess how to pull his head out of his ass during the game.

I'm just happy to see some proactive coaching and hopefully it shakes the Habs out of their mini funk. Who knows, maybe we'll find some new line combos that we can put together if things stop working during the playoffs.
You can love the idea of a shakeup, but do you really love the shaken-up lines? I have my doubts.

Old
11-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Kostitsyn will help Gomez and Gionta produce not sure the Plek line will work but will see, Eller will do everything he can to stay on that line. The D pairing could work , I really like Gorges with Markov
I question the word "will."

Old
11-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
But he's one of the few guys who will actually go in front of the net...We're sticking him in back for what exactly?

I know he has a great shot but I dunno, he's better in the slot than at the point.
I think just having a pointman who can actually hit the net will be enough to open up the opposing teams PK box allowing for more downlow plays, especially since Cammalleri's hockey IQ isn't limited to just shooting.

Streit showed us that you don't need a bomb from the point(not that his shot wasn't hard) you just need to be accurate and get your shots on net or at least be a threat that there is a potential shot that can come in. So long as the pointmen are challenged, it will be a postive thing for the powerplay. It could work, but they won't know until they try it and right now it can't get any worse than not trying it.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Not sure what they expect Pouliot to do on a fourth line with Jeff Halpern and shoolala.
Continue to outscore Gionta and Gomez, I suppose.

Old
11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
Is Pleks really better than Gomez on the PP? I know that with Gomez, you have a better chance to get in the offensive zone with puck possession.
And after Gomez has shinnied three quarters of the way up the flagpole, what then?

Old
11-04-2010, 07:12 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

For what it's worth Markov and Gorges have been doing very well for my HUT team in NHL 11 for a month or so now.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban 76 View Post
I like that they put Eller on the same line as Cammy and Plek. Now he has a great chance to show what he can do when put in a scoring role. I also like the fact that AK is on the line with Gionta and Gomez, and that Subban and Markov aren't on the same pairing and that Gorges is paired up on the top unit with Markov.
Will Gomez remember that he has a LW?

Old
11-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
Maybe because he drive the net?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
yup, doesnt take a genious to figure that one out.
So does Lapierre. So does Halpern. Both have more offensive ability than Darche yet average less PP time combined (already) than Darche. I'm no genius, but to me that seems a bit odd. Especially since Halpern is one of our point leaders and has played on the PP many times before in his career and Darche on the PP hasn't even shown any success in the past couple games he's played on it.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Still no Picard?

Thanks for nothing, Martin.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Patccmoi

Plekanec might be sick and Eller was currently practicing at the center of Cammy and Moen.

I'm excited to see Eller at the center of Cammy. Very annoyed at him having Moen on the other side, but for whatever reason Martin seems convinced that Moen is top 2 line material despite him missing I don't know how many passes cause he's a step or 2 behind the play.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
So does Lapierre. So does Halpern. Both have more offensive ability than Darche yet average less PP time combined (already) than Darche. I'm no genius, but to me that seems a bit odd. Especially since Halpern is one of our point leaders and has played on the PP many times before in his career and Darche on the PP hasn't even shown any success in the past couple games he's played on it.
He's not my first choice either. But i can understand why he is there. He does what he's told, he works hard, he battles hard and he's able to put the garbage goals in. I think he might actually get the job done in front of the net, and if not, aw well, another experiment bites the dust.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Still no Picard?

Thanks for nothing, Martin.
Gill-Subban FTW!

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Plekanec might be sick and Eller was currently practicing at the center of Cammy and Moen.

I'm excited to see Eller at the center of Cammy. Very annoyed at him having Moen on the other side, but for whatever reason Martin seems convinced that Moen is top 2 line material despite him missing I don't know how many passes cause he's a step or 2 behind the play.
pouls eller cammy would be great actually, i dont get martin sometimes.

Old
11-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post

I'm excited to see Eller at the center of Cammy. Very annoyed at him having Moen on the other side, but for whatever reason Martin seems convinced that Moen is top 2 line material .
I think Moen was confined to a defensive role in the NHL... JM remembers full well that Moen also notched a big 8 goal in the AHL, and even potted 10 goals in his 4th Junior season. It's just a question of getting the synch back.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
pouls eller cammy would be great actually, i dont get martin sometimes.
I dont think its a good idea to put Pouliot and Eller, two young players with the mistakes they will do, together, on the same line.
And with Cammalleri, which is not our best defensive forward, thats even more unlikely.

And switching again the lines whereas Martin just decide to try something to help Gomez and Gionta seems not appropriate right now. Bad timing.

So, its either Moen or an other plumber...
(Halpern seems to have a good effect on Pouliot, and he's doing better in the last weeks...so i dont see them being separated)

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
I dont think its a good idea to put Pouliot and Eller, two young players with the mistakes they will do, together, on the same line.
And with Cammalleri, which is not our best defensive forward, thats even more unlikely.

And switching again the lines whereas Martin just decide to try something to help Gomez and Gionta seems not appropriate right now. Bad timing.

So, its either Moen or an other plumber...
(Halpern seems to have a good effect on Pouliot, and he's doing better in the last weeks...so i dont see them being separated)
i see what you mean.

Old
11-05-2010, 06:31 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
As per, well just about EVERYONE'S twitter.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Eller
Gionta - Gomez - Kostitsyn
Moen - Boyd - Lapierre
Darche - Halpern - Pouliot (Pyatt)

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Subban

First PP unit - Cammy will be on the point with Markov.
Second PP unit - Plekanec, Darche, Eller, Subban, Hamrlik

Thoughts?
Gorges doesn't belong on the first pairing. Markov and Subban would be great, leave them alone. But I guess JM wants to get a look before cementing anything.

I don't see the point of Moen or Lapierre on the third line, but I know most people think Max is a third liner. Then again, he is capable of 15, but I would try to groom someone for the top 6 with this line and I don't see that in Max's future at all. He reminds me too much of Jan Bulis.

This team kinda needs Pouliot to be that top 6 guy, or it's back to the drawing board to find someone with size and skill that we never seem to have. Don't see any reason to stick him on the 4th line for long, just for motivation.

I would try:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Eller (this should work well)
Gionta - Gomez - Kostitsyn (meh, worth a look, I guess)
Pouliot - Halpern - Boyd
Moen - Lapierre - Darche OR Moen-Pyatt-Lapierre again
Pyatt

Markov - Subban
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Gorges

Last edited by tinyzombies: 11-05-2010 at 06:39 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:07 PM
WestIslander

So based on last night, our new lines?

Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Halpern - Lapierre
Darche - Boyd - Moen

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Hamrlik - Spacek

Price
Auld

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:11 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

Darche - Boyd - Moen

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Hamrlik - Spacek

Price
Auld

More like

Pouliot - Halpern - Darche
Moen - Boyd - Lapierre

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Hamrlik - Spacek

Price
Auld

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

Darche - Boyd - Moen

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Hamrlik - Spacek

Price
Auld
you'd actually seperate the PHD line after last night?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote