HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Man on a Mission

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 10:09 PM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Man on a Mission

From the beginning of rookie camp Allen has displayed a real determination to fully make the team this year. Throughout the drills and games Allen has been all business. There has been little attempt to join in any of the horse play or small talk that often accompanies a practise. More than that Allen was willing to take on Laroque and go hard to the body when possible. In this there is a growing maturity in Allen's play and a recognition that meaness must be aspect of his play. To me this one of the qualities that Allen's game previously lacked. He only fought when provoked and seemed overly satisfied with small achievements. Hopefully Allen can maintain this tough mental approach and focus as he goes for the 6th defenseman spot. At this point I think Allen has deserved a shot.

Old
10-06-2003, 12:53 AM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown
From the beginning of rookie camp Allen has displayed a real determination to fully make the team this year. Throughout the drills and games Allen has been all business. There has been little attempt to join in any of the horse play or small talk that often accompanies a practise. More than that Allen was willing to take on Laroque and go hard to the body when possible. In this there is a growing maturity in Allen's play and a recognition that meaness must be aspect of his play. To me this one of the qualities that Allen's game previously lacked. He only fought when provoked and seemed overly satisfied with small achievements. Hopefully Allen can maintain this tough mental approach and focus as he goes for the 6th defenseman spot. At this point I think Allen has deserved a shot.
Does it seem to you like he's trying to follow what the coaching staff may be suggesting, or do you think this is path he is developing on his own?

Old
10-06-2003, 04:45 AM
jeffbrown

That's great to hear. I am a big fan of Allen and I was afraid he might be slipping in his development. I hope he comes closer to being what he was being billed as originally....a Derian Hatcher type defenceman. I'll take a poor man's version any day.

It's great to hear that he's so committed and focused.

Old
10-06-2003, 06:18 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
I hope Allen is finally coming into his own. The Canucks have shown incredible patience with him since 1998, especially while seeing other top picks flourish with their teams. It's time for Allen to start showing Vancouver why they took him No. 4 overall.

~Canucklehead~

10-06-2003, 06:49 AM
Peter Griffin

I agree, it's time that Allen forces his way onto the team, and I think he will this year. It's interesting that orcatown noted Allen's need to be mean and I think most people here agree that the one thing the Canucks defense lacks is a big, tough, nasty, crease clearing guy. If Allen can continue to play that way, he might find that the 6th spot is his to lose.

Closed Thread