HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nyi-njd

Old
11-05-2010, 03:05 PM
megajake

vCash: 500
Please make these threads stop, Parise isnt going unless we get a GOOD YOUNG DEFENSEMAN..Like Suter or Weber or Doughty...

megajake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
How about this:

To NYI:
Parise

To NJD:
Nothing

Devil fans don't want Parise and Parise wants out. I think both teams benefit from this.

make sure you jump to the side of the bandwagon when you jump

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 04:53 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post

make sure you jump to the side of the bandwagon when you jump
I think you missed my extreme sarcasm. I'm tired of these terrible proposals. Ignoring injury, Parise is a consistent 80+ point player who plays superb defense. And he does this for less than 3.5 mil, at the age of 26, and with him becoming a RFA. From a management perspective, I'm not sure if any player in the entire league has a better contract than that.

Point being, the Devils aren't going to trade him. If they are, they want elite players coming back. They don't want picks, prospects, and average players. If you're not offering your franchise player for our franchise player, we don't want to hear it.

I just want to thank Crimson Devil for really starting these terrible copycat proposals.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
its a bad deal for the Isles, as much as I love Parise, he's due a 7M+ long term contract and Bailey is 21 and just coming into his own. right now id say its 50-50 that Parise wont resign in New Jersey for more than one year so he can be UFA unless Lou will give Parise the long term deal he wants. Losing Streit and Bailey just opens more holes and we'd be no better with Parise. The reason is we'd be paying in both talent and money, which is the very reason the Yankees passed on trading for Johan Santana, This deal helps the Devils way more than it helps the Isles.

We are better served using the money to sign a free agent and not sacrificing the talent along with the money and absorbing Rolstons contract too

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 07:35 PM
megajake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
its a bad deal for the Isles, as much as I love Parise, he's due a 7M+ long term contract and Bailey is 21 and just coming into his own. right now id say its 50-50 that Parise wont resign in New Jersey for more than one year so he can be UFA unless Lou will give Parise the long term deal he wants. Losing Streit and Bailey just opens more holes and we'd be no better with Parise. The reason is we'd be paying in both talent and money, which is the very reason the Yankees passed on trading for Johan Santana, This deal helps the Devils way more than it helps the Isles.

We are better served using the money to sign a free agent and not sacrificing the talent along with the money and absorbing Rolstons contract too
you need help

megajake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by megajake View Post
you need help
no you do....... do you think Parise is going to sign with the devils for anything less than Kovy is making? and you can bet it will be more for anyone else, plus we're giving up our All Star captain and a 21 year old who projects to be a pretty good player himself in Josh Bailey. When Parise was Josh's age he was playing in Albany and hadn't played a single NHL game yet, in fact last year, Bailey as a 20 year old had a better year than Parise did in his first year.

So how do you know that Bailey given the opportunity cant be just as good as Parise? after all Bailey has already proven that hes ahead of Parise in terms of his development path. Sure Josh has to keep it up and take the next step but who's to say he cant? and you want us to give up our All Star captain and take on a salary dump too......

personally I think you are the one who needs help, because you dont give up on a package like that for a guy who could end up being a one year rental. let the Devils tie up their Salary cap on 2 Left Wings or let him go and we can try to sign him then while keeping Streit and Bailey

Old
11-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Please make these threads stop, Parise isnt going unless we get a GOOD YOUNG DEFENSEMAN..Like Suter or Weber or Doughty...
fat chance of that, nobody is going to give you that for a soon to be free agent, get real. even with Kovy the Devils are the worst team in the league in terms of points per game with by far the worst goal differential and tied with the Isles for most goals allowed. Parise is a great player but nobody is going to rebuild your pourous defense for a soon to be free agent

I like Parise a Lot but I understand that you need a good defense, and a good goalie to go with a good offense. The Devils have too much talent to stay this bad, we all know that but tying up a third of your salary cap in left wingers is not necessarily the right way to go about it

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 11-05-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old
11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
fat chance of that, nobody is going to give you that for a soon to be free agent, get real. even with Kovy the Devils are the worst team in the league in terms of points per game with by far the worst goal differential and tied with the Isles for most goals allowed. Parise is a great player but nobody is going to rebuild your pourous defense for a soon to be free agent

I like Parise a Lot but I understand that you need a good defense, and a good goalie to go with a good offense. The Devils have too much talent to stay this bad, we all know that but tying up a third of your salary cap in left wingers is not necessarily the right way to go about it

Soon to be RESTRICTED free agent... large, large, large difference.

WORST case scenario is the team that trades for Parise (never happening anyways) receives 4 1st round picks in compensation...

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:32 PM
apice3*

Quote:

Wow, a lot of trash coming from an Isles fan. What has your franchise done in the last 25 years? Nothing? Don't worry about how the Devils spend their money. You worry about your crap team getting another top 10 pick. Maybe we'll join you for the first time in 20 years. I don't care if we're having an awful season to this point. I guarantee we'll be back on top long before the Islanders.

megajake was making a correct point. If Parise is being shipped (hint: he's not), the only thing we want in return is a young, elite defenseman. You say that it's a fat chance that that'll happen? Fine. Then it's an equally fat chance that Parise gets shipped. The people posting these awful proposals for Parise are the ones that need to get real.

Edit: Parise is an RFA, so either he re-signs with whatever team he is on at the end of the year (which he will do with NJ since there's 9 mil in cap space coming off the books), or that team is getting a solid bundle of draft picks.

Old
11-05-2010, 10:57 PM
CandiedBacon
Seguin and Hamilton

Quote:
You want Doughty you'll have to throw in Kovalchuk, Parise and your next 30 years of 1st round picks. Even then LA hangs up. Pretty tough to acquire God in the form of a greasy looking defenseman from Ontario

CandiedBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:37 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewDoughty8 View Post
You want Doughty you'll have to throw in Kovalchuk, Parise and your next 30 years of 1st round picks. Even then LA hangs up. Pretty tough to acquire God in the form of a greasy looking defenseman from Ontario

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Wow, a lot of trash coming from an Isles fan. What has your franchise done in the last 25 years? Nothing? Don't worry about how the Devils spend their money. You worry about your crap team getting another top 10 pick. Maybe we'll join you for the first time in 20 years. I don't care if we're having an awful season to this point. I guarantee we'll be back on top long before the Islanders.

megajake was making a correct point. If Parise is being shipped (hint: he's not), the only thing we want in return is a young, elite defenseman. You say that it's a fat chance that that'll happen? Fine. Then it's an equally fat chance that Parise gets shipped. The people posting these awful proposals for Parise are the ones that need to get real.

Edit: Parise is an RFA, so either he re-signs with whatever team he is on at the end of the year (which he will do with NJ since there's 9 mil in cap space coming off the books), or that team is getting a solid bundle of draft picks.
its not trash talk, Parise is going to get paid one way or the other thats the point. He'll either sign a one year deal or get a major contract. youre not gonna get a Weber, Doughty or a Suter for him. I never said he gets shipped either, I just said it would be foolish for the Isles to give up top quality talent and give him the big contract he wants and deserves.

common sense says the Devils will resign him, but when they do even with the 9M off the books They will still need to get a goaltender and a #1 defender, That will be hard with limited cap space, What the Devils need is a trade like this that gives them comparable talent and reduces cap space

I wouldnt do this trade as an Islander fan but I do see why a Devil fan would. Without Zach and Rolston, next year youd be removing 12M ( assuming Zach gets 7M) and replace it with roughly 6M in Streit and Bailey. between the 2 of them they make up Zachs offense easily and it helps the Devils rebalance the roster.

Im not Trashing the Devils, Im just looking at the roster going forward and you will have to find a player with Streit's skills and replace Brodeur. its not going to be easy with limited cap space after signing Parise.

I'm just against the principle of giving comparable cheap talent and paying top dollar free agent contracts on top of it, Which is exactly what your seeing with Kovy. its a double whammy that has long range consequences.

dont assume everyone is trashing your team just because I see the flaws in your team that im sure Lou Lamorillo sees as well.

Old
11-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Use the money to sign a free agent? Not to be a dick but not many free agents want to sign on the Island and I'm not just talking about Long Island because I live here but sign with the Islanders organization. You'd have to ridiculously overpay any marquee FA.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Volchenkov View Post
Use the money to sign a free agent? Not to be a dick but not many free agents want to sign on the Island and I'm not just talking about Long Island because I live here but sign with the Islanders organization. You'd have to ridiculously overpay any marquee FA.
i agree at this point but we do have cap space and not many teams do. as guys like Tavares and Bailey and Okposo mature, it will get easier to get someone to bite. Even if we do need to overpay.

Its just foolish to pay both ways, by giving comparable talent and then giving the big contract too. its entirely reasonable that by age 24 that Bailey will be a 25 goal 40 assist player and Streit to be 15 and 45 himself, and thats why I wouldnt do this.

with all the injuries we may even add a Larsson to Neiderreiter, Hamonic and DeHaan, I have no worries that free agents will come one day, after all Streit did.

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 11-06-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old
11-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
*Ahem*. I believe Boyle was traded to the Rangers.

Alvvays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:02 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:04 AM
ichabod13

garth snow will never trade josh bailey.
bailey was garths first draft pick after getting total controll of the islanders players personel.
josh is garths signiture on long island.
you could offer GOD, his best friend ( defenseman ) and his brother ( goalie ) and garth wont trade bailey.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 11:35 AM
apice3*

Quote:
I wouldnt do this trade as an Islander fanbut I do see why a Devil fan would. Without Zach and Rolston, next year youd be removing 12M ( assuming Zach gets 7M) and replace it with roughly 6M in Streit and Bailey. between the 2 of them they make up Zachs offense easily and it helps the Devils rebalance the roster.
If you believe this, then you have no idea what Parise means to our offense.

Quote:
Im not Trashing the Devils, Im just looking at the roster going forward and you will have to find a player with Streit's skills and replace Brodeur. its not going to be easy with limited cap space after signing Parise.
Limited cap space? Our cap problems are will be over after this year. We have three UFAs in Arnott, Langenbrunner, and Hedberg that we have no intention of re-signing. That's 8.8 mil. Of that, figure 3 mil more will be tacked on to Parise for a 6.2ish mil cap hit. That leaves us 5-6 mil to sign the RFA's we want to keep, even if it's short term. We have plenty of prospects playing at the NHL level right now due to injuries, and they are all greatly improving. Surprisingly, we have an abundance of PMDs, it's just that they are young and inexperienced. We don't need a 33 year old defenseman coming off a serious injury. As for Bailey, yeah, I'd like to see him on our team. You don't find someone with as much skill at a young age very often. But at the price of a PROVEN 80+ point player who's only 26 years old? Absolutely not.

Quote:
I'm just against the principle of giving comparable cheap talent and paying top dollar free agent contracts on top of it, Which is exactly what your seeing with Kovy. its a double whammy that has long range consequences.
Don't even bring up the Kovy contract as hurting our team. Honestly, anyone who thinks the Kovy contract hurts us is a fool. You know why the original contract was vetoed? Because it was too much of a bargain. His current contract is still a bargain and if you don't think it, then you don't know much about it. A PROVEN 40 goal scorer and 90 point player for a 6.7 mil cap hit for the rest of his career is beyond cheap. Not to mention, his NMC turns into a NTC in 2016. You know what that means? If he underperforms due to his age at any point after 2016, BOOM, he's in Albany and we're Kovy cap free. The contract is perfect from Lou's standpoint.

And before we start talking about any consequences, let's wait a little longer. A 15 year contract is equal to 1230 games. Kovy has played 14. Just over 1% of his contract is up. I'm not going to base the side effects of his contract over the first 1%. That's the equivalent of calling a player with a 1 year deal useless after 2.5 periods.

Old
11-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Dan-o16

Hehehe. I love Josh Bailey, but you'd have to be an idiot not to trade Bailey and Streit (who the Isles have for one year left) for Parise *about to enter his prime*. We're talking about a player with a *hell* of a motor. Could you imagine Parise playing with Tavares and Okposo? That'd be hell to play against. That line exists in my dreams. It would exist in LL's nightmares. There's no way LL trades Parise in the Eastern Conference, much less the division.

I mean, please. If you wanted to throw a trade that has value + what the Devils would be looking for, it'd be this:

NYI
Parise

NJD
De Haan
Okposo
2011 1st

I think LL would want Okposo, not Bailey, our best d-prospect, and the upcoming 1st - much more painful to the Isles. I'd still consider it, but that's a lot of the rebuild.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:06 PM
None Shall Pass
Cory Stops All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Don't remind us.
At least Nilsson played some games, and he was in the trade for Smyth, right?

Now imagine drafting Jessiman...

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote