HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VII

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2010, 02:34 AM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I wouldn't want Iginla except if he was a one year rental who we didn't have to give up Schenn/Hickey to get.

Maybe if he could lead us to the Stanley Cup I would want him back, but I just don't want him that badly. Not saying Smyth is terrible (he's perfect on the 2nd line), but we could see the same things happen to Iginla in a year or two, but worse cap wise.
LOLOL this is almost what I've been thinking. Its like the NHL is becoming like the NBA where having a player on an expiring contract has more value then someone with a few more years on a huge contract. Richards>Iginla in this situation not even adding that he might be the better player now and into the future.

Old
11-06-2010, 03:02 AM
riseandfall9

No player...Not even Wayne Gretzky guaranteed a Stanley Cup.

I'm not sure about having Iginla at 7 million on the cap at the age of 35 and 36 at the same time as having Smyth will work out.

If the Kings though that they could have his cap hit and he could stay competitive like Smyth has done for the last couple of years and we didn't need to give up Schenn I would be okay with it.

Old
11-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Malice430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
If the Kings add a big salary it better be for a player in his prime.
hockeybuzzbarry:
According to a solid source, Eric Staal has asked for a trade. Not many will be able to take on a 8.25 salary cap hit

Old
11-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice430 View Post
hockeybuzzbarry:
According to a solid source, Eric Staal has asked for a trade. Not many will be able to take on a 8.25 salary cap hit

Go go 3-way Staal trade!

Rangers:
Jordan Staal

Penguins:
Eric Staal

Hurricanes:
Marc Staal

Old
11-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Mattias

Any thoughts on making a move for Thomas Vanek?

Old
11-06-2010, 01:58 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
helluva scorer, but he'd be ridiculously expensive... on both ends of that deal.

Old
11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Yes: Don't do it.

Let the other teams rot with their overpayed players.
For his salary we better get elite players.

Right now we just need that elite player on Kopitars wing, nothing else.
You can't get these players via trade. You would have to kill your future to trade for them.
The only chance is UFA or RFA. The next players who makes sense are
Semin and Parise.

A Parise wants out of Jersey. It would be so sweet to ram a Parise signing down the Devils throat.

Old
11-06-2010, 02:17 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
hockeybuzzbarry:

Jack Johnson and a pick!

Old
11-06-2010, 02:26 PM
wicker

Quote:
hockeybuzzbarry:

Man, 8.25 is a huge hit. Stoll + prospects/picks would have to go the other way, we probably say goodbye to Handzus after this season, and have trouble re-signing Williams... That's just a quick look at what 8.25 would do to this team.

Even though Staal would be a much better fit, I would think that DL would feel more comfortable entertaining thoughts of Iginla... less cap hit and only for two more years.

On another note... teams like the Jackets, Predators, Flames, Blues, and Oilers would all be lining up and be in a better position cap-wise to nab him. Does Staal have a NMC/NTC?

Edit: He's got NTC. So he might have some say where he goes to...

Old
11-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Yes: Don't do it.

Let the other teams rot with their overpayed players.
For his salary we better get elite players.

Right now we just need that elite player on Kopitars wing, nothing else.
You can't get these players via trade. You would have to kill your future to trade for them.
The only chance is UFA or RFA. The next players who makes sense are
Semin and Parise.

A Parise wants out of Jersey. It would be so sweet to ram a Parise signing down the Devils throat.
Doubt Semin is for sale, and the asking price for Parise is through the roof. Who says Parise wants out of Jersey? Random bloggers and sports analysts from this site? Vanek is one hell of a sniper, and he's available.

It's options.

Old
11-06-2010, 02:41 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Doubt Semin is for sale, and the asking price for Parise is through the roof. Who says Parise wants out of Jersey? Random bloggers and sports analysts from this site? Vanek is one hell of a sniper, and he's available.

It's options.
Source?

If true, i'd much rather have him than Iginla. 6 years younger and a legit top line LW.

Old
11-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Tadite

Eric Staal would be an amazing pickup.... We've the depth to be able to make that trade but god only knows how we fit him in financially!

Would allow for 2 legit 1st line centers on one team..... We really would be the west coast Pens after that.

Old
11-06-2010, 03:06 PM
MollerManor

If we need a goalie I hear there is one playing in russia who is not so bad....

http://www.hcsalavat.ru/en/player/1516/

Old
11-06-2010, 03:30 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Any high-dollar player is gonna be a tight fit next season unless they buyout/trade Smyth or trade Stoll.

Old
11-06-2010, 03:44 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Any high-dollar player is gonna be a tight fit next season unless they buyout/trade Smyth or trade Stoll.
Yeah, I think one of the biggest pieces that would need to go next season would be Smyth if we do acquire a high caliber forward...

Old
11-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Vanek would be a sweet pick up, although I think his cap hit is near Iginla's. Staal, as good as he is, has a huge cap hit and I don't know if Dean-O wants to take that on. I think we could pry Brad Boyes out of St. Louis for pretty cheap right now, I'm not sure of his contract atm tho, but he may be one of those players who just needs a change of scenery.

Old
11-06-2010, 06:06 PM
vital

Quote:

It's options.
Hes a UFA this off-season.

Old
11-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully12 View Post
Vanek would be a sweet pick up, although I think his cap hit is near Iginla's. Staal, as good as he is, has a huge cap hit and I don't know if Dean-O wants to take that on. I think we could pry Brad Boyes out of St. Louis for pretty cheap right now, I'm not sure of his contract atm tho, but he may be one of those players who just needs a change of scenery.
It's actually higher, $7,142,857, but he is much younger and would fit the Kings' core. I wonder what Buffalo needs for a rebuild?

Old
11-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
It's actually higher, $7,142,857, but he is much younger and would fit the Kings' core. I wonder what Buffalo needs for a rebuild?
Ya I knew it was up there. I agree he could fit with the core, and I would love to see him in a Kings uniform. I just think we need to sign DD, JJ (although he might be asked for in a trade for Vanek), and Simmonds before so we can see what kind of cap space we will have next year before taking on his contract. So Dean-O, get on resigning our RFAs please... thanks.

Old
11-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Ya I knew it was up there. I agree he could fit with the core, and I would love to see him in a Kings uniform. I just think we need to sign DD, JJ (although he might be asked for in a trade for Vanek), and Simmonds before so we can see what kind of cap space we will have next year before taking on his contract. So Dean-O, get on resigning our RFAs please... thanks.
We don't know if Dean already has an idea how much the RFAs are going to cost, there have been rumors that the Kings and Doughty & Johnson have begun contract talks.

Vanek would still be a huge risk for the Kings with that contract, but the trade offers would be a little lower due to that same contract. Not very many trading partners for that big of a contract.

Old
11-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Quote:
We don't know if Dean already has an idea how much the RFAs are going to cost, there have been rumors that the Kings and Doughty & Johnson have begun contract talks.

Vanek would still be a huge risk for the Kings with that contract, but the trade offers would be a little lower due to that same contract. Not very many trading partners for that big of a contract.
Agreed. Any idea on how long of a contract Vanek has left? Maybe he'd sign for a tad less on a re-up with the Kings (if we even do trade for him), if we can prove to him that he's welcomed, he fits, and that we are the real deal.

Old
11-06-2010, 07:02 PM
johnjm22

I can't see DL being interested in Vanek.

If there's anyone I'd want from Buffalo it'd be Roy or Ennis.

Old
11-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Not necessarily. Handzus, Williams and Ponikarovsky (and Harrold) will become UFAs next summer. That is $11M in savings, leaving open three roster spots for the Kings to fill with plenty of cap space. They won't have to trade or buyout Smyth or Stoll if they brought in another big contract.

Old
11-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Agreed. Any idea on how long of a contract Vanek has left? Maybe he'd sign for a tad less on a re-up with the Kings (if we even do trade for him), if we can prove to him that he's welcomed, he fits, and that we are the real deal.
He's got 3+ years, UFA in 2014.

Old
11-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Quote:
He's got 3+ years, UFA in 2014.
That's not horrible I guess. 7m roughly over the next 3 years I think means no zues, williams, poni next year unless one of 'em signs for a discount. All 3 players are a pretty big reason the Kings are where they are right now, I think poni especially is going beyond people's expectations defensively. I'm torn between it as I'd love to have Vanek, but I'd hate to lose the chemistry we have this year, going into next. (Ya I know at least 1 of those guys probably wont be resigned, but if williams is back to his 30 goal, injury-free form i wouldnt mind him being back.)

Closed Thread