HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Q puts his foot down

Old
11-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Q puts his foot down

http://twitter.com/adamjahns

Cut practice abrubtly and marched team into lockerroom

Hopefully Toews or someone points out the crap players he shouldn't be playing Scott/Cullimore

If Q wants to turn things around then he cant continue to dress 3 lines / 2 d pairings everynight

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:27 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Once again, Toews would need to start by looking into the mirror. This team won't win without him, Kane, and to a lesser extent Keith getting their **** together.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
http://twitter.com/adamjahns

Cut practice abrubtly and marched team into lockerroom

Hopefully Toews or someone points out the crap players he shouldn't be playing Scott/CullimoreIf Q wants to turn things around then he cant continue to dress 3 lines / 2 d pairings everynight
I hope this is the case. I remember after we played Columbus at home this year that after we blew the lead, during an interview in the locker room, he was pissed. He said something like "We have some guys here who need to start pulling their weight." I think it's safe to say that we have a deep prospect pool. Does a Makarov do better than a Pisani? I think so. Would Hendry, Connelly, Leddy, or Vishnevskiy do better than Cullimore? I think so. Getting Bolland back hopefully now healthy and with a clear mind will help us out. Not having Hossa throws off the rythym of the offense. Not having Marian also hurts our defense. Some of the lines and guys he decides to put on defense really make him a questionable coach in my eyes.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Quotes About The Practice From Jahns' Twitter Account:

Quote:
"I just didn't like the way it was going. I wanted to keep our energy for tonight."
-Quenneville

Quote:
"Obviously, there's a message. We just want to be ready for the game tonight."
-Toews

Quote:
"It really sets the tone for tonight. We better be ready."
-Campbell

Quote:
"It's the unhappiness of where we are as a team and the attitude we're maintaining."
-Turco

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Suburbanbear

It has been so evident that this team hasn't had the chip on their shoulder necessary to win...and given the play of teams like the Redwings (not to mention the friggn Blue Jackets) that HAS to change if this team doesn't want to be embarrassed. There is too much talent on this team to be losing to the Oilers and Devils. Good job Q.

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:54 PM
nbozich22

I've got a good feeling we'll win tonight. To be honest I always have a feeling we'll lose. Hope we win or i'll **** a brick.

nbozich22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
sedag

Here's hoping this translates to ice tonight. IMO the team has played nervous hockey since Hoss went down with injury. If every player concentrates on giving 100% effort maybe they'll stop squeezing the stick and make some plays.

sedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Teemu

"See this? *points to Thrashers* This will be where you guys will be spending your career if you don't shape up!"

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:17 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
"See this? *points to Thrashers* This will be where you guys will be spending your career if you don't shape up!"

Anyway, I'm glad to hear this. You can point the finger at several individuals on this team, including the ones behind the bench. Something needs to change quickly here. And there will still be fans talking about how early it is in the season but if nothing seems to be changing then it doesn't matter how far along the season is, you're still losing games. Call me crazy but I thought losing was a bad thing that is a sign that something is going wrong.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote