HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#14: Flyers @ Islanders - Saturday, Nov. 6, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2010, 12:43 PM
  #51
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,790
vCash: 50
is there anyone really concerned about this game? we have won 5 straight, they have lost 6 straight. Roloson always plays well against us.
Hopefully they take care of business today. dont get baited into stupid shanigans.

GoneFullHolmgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:54 PM
  #52
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 107,620
vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
Does anyone else agree that Bob looks like Paul Dano from "There will be Blood?"

More like Paul Dano from Little Miss Sunshine.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:00 PM
  #53
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
I think either move (going with Bob or Boosh) is a good move against this team. But I'm all for keeping the hot goalie in net.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:37 PM
  #54
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,461
vCash: 500
Win,win,win.


For some reason I'm really pulling for the Nodl,Richards, Wellwood line to have an awesome game.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:38 PM
  #55
ales83fan
Registered User
 
ales83fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,805
vCash: 500
chances of a carcillo-konpka bout?

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:45 PM
  #56
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 107,620
vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
chances of a carcillo-konpka bout?
I don't think it will. Carcillo has no reason to fight him again.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:55 PM
  #57
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
I have zero problems with Lavy going with Bobrovsky tonight, i honestly think a lot of folks are getting way too concerned about the young lad getting over worked....He loves playing !and its not like he was over worked by the rangers.How many games did Eddie Belfor play as a young rookie ? Something like 70+ games ? He handled it great, and i think Bobrovsky is just as capable. Belfour came straight out of college i believe where they do not play long seasons like in the Pros and he did just fine.....Let the kid play and enjoy the rewards of his hard work, its pretty obvious he is enjoying his new gig.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:08 PM
  #58
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
I really, really don't like this decision to play Bob tonight. Not a fan at all.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:20 PM
  #59
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I really, really don't like this decision to play Bob tonight. Not a fan at all.
Because you think he is over worked ? Or that you rather see him Sunday against the Caps ? Just curious.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:23 PM
  #60
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't think it will. Carcillo has no reason to fight him again.
The game may dictate other wise !but i understand your point.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:25 PM
  #61
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Because you think he is over worked ? Or that you rather see him Sunday against the Caps ? Just curious.
Both. He's a rookie whose career high in GP is 35 or 36 and playing him today essentially screws us against the Caps because we'll either have to play Boosh (which would probably be a massacre) or we'll have to play Bob...again. Just doesn't make any sense.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:26 PM
  #62
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,278
vCash: 500
I would rather play Boosh for 2 games in row than Bob... but I always love watching Bob play. Just sayin'

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:55 PM
  #63
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Both. He's a rookie whose career high in GP is 35 or 36 and playing him today essentially screws us against the Caps because we'll either have to play Boosh (which would probably be a massacre) or we'll have to play Bob...again. Just doesn't make any sense.
I respect your opinion, but was Eddie Belfor just some sort of special athlete to come straight out of college where their schedule is not like in the Pros, and then play 70+ games his rookie season ? I have read that Bobrovsky is one heck of an athlete and in tremendous shape etc....Respectfully i think he will be just fine logging some good stretches of games played etc. And certainly the coaches know better than any of us as to how sharp he looks and if he is showing signs of tiring etc...Either way its been fun watching him develop and play well.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:24 PM
  #64
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
As other people are saying, Im upset Bob is starting tonight, but maybe Lavy wants expierience against the Caps? Im not sure, we will see, all this means is there is no reason to NOT get 2 points tonight

usahockey22flyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:27 PM
  #65
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,010
vCash: 300
Lavi knows what he's doing.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:28 PM
  #66
Raffl House
Registered User
 
Raffl House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: South Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 513
I know its a bit OT, but can someone explain to me how Thornton gets 2 games for his hit, and Briere gets 3 for "incident"?

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:28 PM
  #67
DjsIzzy
Registered User
 
DjsIzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DjsIzzy
Wasn't it Boosh in net last year when the flyers got dominated by the Caps in the first period, then went on to win the game in a blowout due to all the saves Boosh made? Maybe Lavi thinks Boosh has the upper hand when playing the caps, for some reason.

DjsIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:36 PM
  #68
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
is there anyone really concerned about this game? we have won 5 straight, they have lost 6 straight. Roloson always plays well against us.
Hopefully they take care of business today. dont get baited into stupid shanigans.
I am a big believer of "dues".

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:43 PM
  #69
Black Ice
Registered User
 
Black Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Delawhere?
Country: United States
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 500
Let's do this Flyers!

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:01 PM
  #70
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,057
vCash: 500
So is it confirmed Nodl is playing?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:03 PM
  #71
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
So is it confirmed Nodl is playing?
Thats what the twitter people said. JVR scratched,Nodl in

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:04 PM
  #72
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
The one potentially nice thing about having Leighton coming back whenever is that we could give Bob a couple of strategically placed 2-3 week breaks during the season which could come in handy.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:17 PM
  #73
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I respect your opinion, but was Eddie Belfor just some sort of special athlete to come straight out of college where their schedule is not like in the Pros, and then play 70+ games his rookie season ? I have read that Bobrovsky is one heck of an athlete and in tremendous shape etc....Respectfully i think he will be just fine logging some good stretches of games played etc. And certainly the coaches know better than any of us as to how sharp he looks and if he is showing signs of tiring etc...Either way its been fun watching him develop and play well.
Every athlete in the NHL is in great shape. Otherwise they wouldn't be in the NHL.

As for Laviolette, he's just as likely to make bad decisions as any other coach or person out there. He's not infallible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
Lavi knows what he's doing.
Lavi isn't some infallible demi-good. He's a person and he's a professional coach. He's just as inclined to mistakes as any other person or professional coach out there.

Not saying that I know he's wrong here, but I don't see the logic in this at all.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:25 PM
  #74
Crossbar Ping
Registered User
 
Crossbar Ping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
its not like Carter has been "truely" producing....

put richards back on the top line

Crossbar Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:28 PM
  #75
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,870
vCash: 500
Lavy does make mistakes but so far he is on a role where he hasnt made one. Many people here thought Bob should absolutely play in the AHL to start the season. Lavy didnt think so and let him play in the NHL which worked out so far. Many people here thought Boosh should start the season as our starter. Lavy didnt think so and it has worked out so far. Many people here thought Boosh and Bob should have split the last back to back game. Lavy didnt think so and it worked out.


Until Lavy makes a big mistake, Ill throw my trust in that he knows what he is doing.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.