HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

No more stop signs for SUBBAN !

Old
11-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
By the same logic we should make Andrei Markov our 2nd line Center. You know he did play center...

It's like having the Leafs play Kaberle as center on the top forward line.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 04:55 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't see Subban holding back/being held back. He's playing great at both ends. He's walking the line perfectly IMHO.

Add in some of the PP production that a normally-converting PP unit would have and he'd be at a point-per-game clip now, along with having solid defensive credentials. I don't think we could ask for more out of Subban/coach's use of Subban.
Great post BG, your spot on.

Can Subban bring a little more offensively? Yeah he probably could but that would also leave him more open to make mistakes. He's playing SOLID two-way hockey right now.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:11 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
People are beginning to create a Subban mythology. Bobby Orr was a more complete player at age 18 than Subban is now.
Even if Subban become a poor man Orr, it will be just amazing !!!

I can see a 20 goal scorer in Subban on his prime for sure of course it is far from Orr but he is not as good as him, just similar style when carrying the puck from both ends of the rink.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Even if Subban become a poor man Orr, it will be just amazing !!!

I can see a 20 goal scorer in Subban on his prime for sure of course it is far from Orr but he is not as good as him, just similar style when carrying the puck from both ends of the rink.
The game has changed a lot too, Orr could skate and get back in position because he was faster than most other players. Nowadays 95% of NHLers are probably as fast as he used to be and the difference from the fast guys to the average guys is minimal because of all the training, diet and technology.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
Great post BG, your spot on.

Can Subban bring a little more offensively? Yeah he probably could but that would also leave him more open to make mistakes. He's playing SOLID two-way hockey right now.
Once he gains some hockey sense he will play an even better game.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
His hockey sense is fine, he just plays a high risk game at times.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
wha....

You mean experience? Two different things.

His hockey sense is higher than average to very good right now as a rookie can be.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
This is just plain idiotic. Subban is a fantastic talent who STILL NEEDS TO GET ADJUSTED TO THE NHL. He absolutely is capable of making a fool of himself, and his teammates, when he runs around crazily trying to do everything himself. At the same time, he needs to get lots of ice time in all kinds of situations, especially PP and some top 5 on 5 minutes. AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE'S GETTING.

Seriously, there is NOTHING to fault in the way Subban is being brought into the league. For the first time in more than a decade the Habs have an elite level prospect they are neither rushing nor holding back. So of course, there's got to be a chorus of complaint.

This one gets my vote as the maybe the worst OP I've seen this year. Course the season's young yet.
Thanks for your vote BULL......It`s just my opinion. I really like the way he played for team Canada(Juniors) and I expect to see him play the same way with the habs.Especially on nights when the team is having a hard time scoring. He can and will be a game breaker.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

I loved his hit yesterday against the Sabres. Anyone got a YT of it?

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Habber09

I honestly believe this kid is having a phenomenal beginning to the rookie season. What is it? 6 assists so far and the power play is the sh**s. You bounce some of those posts into the net and he also has 3 or 4 goals as well. Eventually he will be a point per gm player or close to it. Lots of talent there, don't rush it.

Habber09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber09 View Post
I honestly believe this kid is having a phenomenal beginning to the rookie season. What is it? 6 assists so far and the power play is the sh**s. You bounce some of those posts into the net and he also has 3 or 4 goals as well. Eventually he will be a point per gm player or close to it. Lots of talent there, don't rush it.
Your sooo right,he hasn`t had a lucky bounce yet. I have him in my hockey pool so i`m watching him extra close.

Old
11-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Habblues

Now Tonight he clearly had the green light to go at will. This IS when PK is at his best. He sees the ice soooo well,and set up some sweet plays tonight. KEEP PLAYING YOUR GAME PK ! And please Mr Martin let him continue to play his game.

Old
11-11-2010, 09:16 PM
number 11

probably the best all around game of pk's career

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:58 PM
SgtJoseph

Mentioning PK's name with Robert Orr is not fair to either player in my opinion.Pk is a fine young player and skates well etc, but Bobby Orr ?

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Mentioning PK's name with Robert Orr is not fair to either player in my opinion.Pk is a fine young player and skates well etc, but Bobby Orr ?
I never sid he WAS Bobby Orr, but in todays game, he has the same ability. That`s my opinion.

Old
11-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
I never sid he WAS Bobby Orr, but in todays game, he has the same ability. That`s my opinion.
Honestly, don't even mention Orr and Subban in the same breath lol. You will be chastised for that. Maybe similar style is what you mean? Similar ability... common! Orr was the best of the best

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Jiggernaut

Quote:
It`s darn well time Martin let Subban play "his" game.
Quote:
Now Tonight he clearly had the green light to go at will. This IS when PK is at his best. He sees the ice soooo well,and set up some sweet plays tonight. KEEP PLAYING YOUR GAME PK ! And please Mr Martin let him continue to play his game.
You realize Perry Pearn handles the defense, right?

Jiggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggernaut View Post
You realize Perry Pearn handles the defense, right?
Do ya think Martin has any say in the matter ?

Old
11-12-2010, 08:25 AM
ClasslessGuy

What would Subban look like on offense ?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:31 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

I haven't read the entire thread but I don't think it's a matter of Subban having a green or red light. His ability to rush depends on whether he feels Gill is in a position to cover for him. Because as with Picard I see Subban having to cover for Gill. For one game I'd love to see Picard back in the lineup for Gill especially since Picard now has an apartment in Montreal. LOL Again I know Gill is a great PK'er but honestly this team has quite a few of those guys. I was just surprised with the way Picard hits and he has more of a shot.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:50 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I haven't read the entire thread but I don't think it's a matter of Subban having a green or red light. His ability to rush depends on whether he feels Gill is in a position to cover for him. Because as with Picard I see Subban having to cover for Gill. For one game I'd love to see Picard back in the lineup for Gill especially since Picard now has an apartment in Montreal. LOL Again I know Gill is a great PK'er but honestly this team has quite a few of those guys. I was just surprised with the way Picard hits and he has more of a shot.
I like this point. I makes sense, with Subban's tactical mind, that he wouldn't rush if he believes the risk isn't worth the benefits. With a slow teammate, he can't afford to go too much ahead.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Pleky Roks

Subban has never had any stop signs, he just needed to keep things simple more often instead of trying to do too much and creating turnovers.

Using Subban on the left side and Markov on the right side during the powerplay is what we need to do all the time....that way each of them are setup for one-timers.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 08:56 AM
HomaridII

The most amazing thing is Mr.Subban is 21 years old, imagine 6 years from now when he is Duncan Keith's age. What will he be like?

I think people forget all the time because of how amazing he is that he is only 21 years old and is just beginning his career! Simply Insane.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:04 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
The most amazing thing is Mr.Subban is 21 years old, imagine 6 years from now when he is Duncan Keith's age. What will he be like?

I think people forget all the time because of how amazing he is that he is only 21 years old and is just beginning his career! Simply Insane.
The kid has less than 25 match in the NHL yet

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 09:11 AM
OpenIceHit

He's a franchise player. If he keeps playing and improving like he's doing right now, we must sign him long-term. We didn't draft a lot of Subban kind of players in the last few decades, let's make sure he stays with us...

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote