HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VII

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2010, 07:01 PM
scramble91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully12 View Post
That's not horrible I guess. 7m roughly over the next 3 years I think means no zues, williams, poni next year unless one of 'em signs for a discount. All 3 players are a pretty big reason the Kings are where they are right now, I think poni especially is going beyond people's expectations defensively. I'm torn between it as I'd love to have Vanek, but I'd hate to lose the chemistry we have this year, going into next. (Ya I know at least 1 of those guys probably wont be resigned, but if williams is back to his 30 goal, injury-free form i wouldnt mind him being back.)
I would love to resign Zues and JW at discounts if possible. If JW has a great year, chances are he will try and get his last big contract.

I think we still have room next year for a 7 mill cap hit additional..especially if the cap goes up by 2 mill. (just have to pray schenn doesnt hit his bonus numbers )

Old
11-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
I would love to resign Zues and JW at discounts if possible. If JW has a great year, chances are he will try and get his last big contract.

I think we still have room next year for a 7 mill cap hit additional..especially if the cap goes up by 2 mill. (just have to pray schenn doesnt hit his bonus numbers )
Ya but isn't there the chance the cap will go down in a couple years when the CBA expires?

Old
11-06-2010, 07:04 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Ya but isn't there the chance the cap will go down in a couple years when the CBA expires?
yea there is, but all salaries will be rolled back as well to scale it.

and smyth comes off the books then too.

It will just make next year very tight.. (and it all depends on how much DD, JJ and Simmonds get for raises).

Old
11-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
yea there is, but all salaries will be rolled back as well to scale it.

and smyth comes off the books then too.
True, and I would love to have Vanek, hell, I'd settle for Boyes for cheaper to see if a scenery change would help his numbers go back up. I just don't want this Kings team to fall apart, its been a while since we've had a legit contender, and I don't think we've ever been a legit contender with home-grown players.

Old
11-06-2010, 07:35 PM
scramble91

Quote:
True, and I would love to have Vanek, hell, I'd settle for Boyes for cheaper to see if a scenery change would help his numbers go back up. I just don't want this Kings team to fall apart, its been a while since we've had a legit contender, and I don't think we've ever been a legit contender with home-grown players.
the more i think about it, i would hold steady at this point. If brown and Kopi dont build that chemistry this year, then we could make changes next season. (unless we can deal for someone like parise).

If Brown and Kopi build chemistry, i kind of want to see what Kozun could do on a first line. He would bring speed, hustle, and a sniper mentaility. The unknown to my plan...can he play left wing? I think he plays right wing right now. My plan B would be to change Kopitar to left wing and try someone like Schenn at Center next season. Yes i might be crazy, but kopitar has a wicked shot and is smart enough to be in the right places (kind of open him up a little and let schenn handle the Center Defensive responsibities).

I didnt think we would be contenders this year (or next to be honest)..so if we can keep developing the kiddie forwards, and have 1 of them pan out as a LW on the first line..we will have a really deep team for a long time.

Old
11-06-2010, 07:42 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Vanek = overpaid, serio0usly overpaid. Buffalo had no choice but to match that ridiculous offer sheet after losing Briere and Drury.

And that Offer sheet 7 yrs @ 7mm each year is responsible for far more than most of you know!

Old
11-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Continue here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...0#post28781420

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Closed Thread