HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carcillo-Fedotenko incident

Old
11-05-2010, 06:45 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Leaving your feet should be 2 games without pay automatically.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
hockeyfrog127

First. It doesn't matter that Feds was on his way down bending over to make a play. The hit was delivered to his head and he couldn't protect himself and, according to the new rules, that should be an automatic suspension, no questions asked.

Second. Carcillo left his feet, which indicates that he had no intention of letting up or avoiding contact with a defenseless Fedotenko.

Third. Carcillo is a repeat offender, and the NHL (usually) takes that into account when reviewing these plays.

By not suspending Carcillo, the NHL is setting a precedent of allowing borderline hits to the head and by doing so are failing to adhere to the rules they put in place to protect players.

I'm new here, go easy on me lol.

hockeyfrog127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfrog127 View Post
First. It doesn't matter that Feds was on his way down bending over to make a play. The hit was delivered to his head and he couldn't protect himself and, according to the new rules, that should be an automatic suspension, no questions asked.

Second. Carcillo left his feet, which indicates that he had no intention of letting up or avoiding contact with a defenseless Fedotenko.

Third. Carcillo is a repeat offender, and the NHL (usually) takes that into account when reviewing these plays.

By not suspending Carcillo, the NHL is setting a precedent of allowing borderline hits to the head and by doing so are failing to adhere to the rules they put in place to protect players.

I'm new here, go easy on me lol.
Screw off noob You made a very good point and are totally correct but we all know the NHL is spotty with their suspensions... Welcome to the Boards just know that we are all mentally insecure

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 07:30 PM
hockeyfrog127

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Screw off noob You made a very good point and are totally correct but we all know the NHL is spotty with their suspensions... Welcome to the Boards just know that we are all mentally insecure
Much appreciated and thanks for the warning

Old
11-05-2010, 07:48 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

The league is truly showing how much of a joke it is, what else is new. I bet if Avery through a hit like that, he'd get a game misconduct + a suspension.

Can't say I'm surprised, though.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 08:14 PM
hockeyfrog127

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
The league is truly showing how much of a joke it is, what else is new. I bet if Avery through a hit like that, he'd get a game misconduct + a suspension.

Can't say I'm surprised, though.
I think that Carcillo's play has painted a target on himself just as big as Avery's if not more so. Avery may be an agitator, but for the most part he stays away from dirty hits. With the exception of the slash on Komisarek, which he should've been suspended for.

Old
11-05-2010, 09:12 PM
truebluegoalie

Both these hits happened on the same night. One person was suspended the other wasn't. Surprisingly, this time the star was the one suspended for a hit that didn't look nearly as bad as the other one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJr33aaE_MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3kdHVzNzHM

*edit: I have no idea why my youtube links aren't showing the videos in the post.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:12 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apulsch View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V6BhDqfNL4

after reviewing hits from that video and last nights. i think there should have been discipline if the nhl wants to enforce this rule and get the hits out of the game.
doesnt matter if he was seriously injured or not.
given the reading of the rules, I'm gonna say 2 minutes for elbowing. the feet leaving the ground was more Carcillo falling than the traditional leaving your feet + charging call. no suspension. the rules also state the has to be laternal, from the back, or blind side. Carcillo is coming pretty much head on. Even if Feds has got his eyes tunneled in on the puck, he's going to see Carcillo's feet at the last possible split second which is actually enough for your body to react and keep it from being a serious injury. Not saying you can't get injured in this way but you do have a split second to react. Feds going doing may have been an instinctive flinch to "duck." No penalty was called?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:21 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Both these hits happened on the same night. One person was suspended the other wasn't. Surprisingly, this time the star was the one suspended for a hit that didn't look nearly as bad as the other one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJr33aaE_MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3kdHVzNzHM

*edit: I have no idea why my youtube links aren't showing the videos in the post.
you have to put JUST the video code in the YT /YT part and not the whole link. that is everything that follows "?v="

so vJr33aaE_MM and b3kdHVzNzHM goes in between the YT /YT, like

and

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:56 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

We can nitpick on Carcillo's feet off the ice but beside that I don't think that was worth a suspension. Feds is ok, Prust took care of Carcillo, let's move one...

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:19 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
you have to put JUST the video code in the YT /YT part and not the whole link. that is everything that follows "?v="

aaahhhhhhh

gotcha, thanks.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Leaving your feet should be 2 games without pay automatically.
Ovy would never play more than half a season then

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:49 PM
bscharf

Prust Whooped Carcillo

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:10 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post
Shoulda been a penalty, but imo, there shouldn't be a suspension. He got him in the head, but it looked like he tried to avoid him. I don't see the M.O.
He JUMPED UP IN THE AIR before the collision. You CAN NOT LEAVE YOUR FEET to make a hit. Thats the rules. He broke them. Case closed. Suspension. Repeat offender, 3-4 games suspension because NHL is trying to crack down on concussions and head shots and this knucklehead JUMPS UP to crush a guy who was not looking and in a VERY vulnerable position? This kid is a ******. Suspend him. Make him an example. Let him feel like a Marter for all I care.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:18 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
He JUMPED UP IN THE AIR before the collision. You CAN NOT LEAVE YOUR FEET to make a hit. Thats the rules. He broke them. Case closed. Suspension. Repeat offender, 3-4 games suspension because NHL is trying to crack down on concussions and head shots and this knucklehead JUMPS UP to crush a guy who was not looking and in a VERY vulnerable position? This kid is a ******. Suspend him. Make him an example. Let him feel like a Marter for all I care.
He was in the process of leaving his feet when the contact occurred... It should have been a penalty and nothing more... It wasn't that bad of a play/hit... Come on.

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 11:51 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I thought it was a good no call. Not like the hit to the head was unavoidable there. To me, there is nothing wrong with that play. Sucked for Feds, but it was a clean hit. Fedotenko was essentially down on one knee before contact was even made. What did you want Carcillo to do?

This is coming from someone who despises that gutless little twit, Carcillo, as well.

Van M******* is a *********, but the hit was not bad at all.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote