HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do the Bruins trade to become cap compliant?

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2010, 06:08 PM
yippiepaillemf

vCash: 500
Who do the Bruins trade to become cap compliant?

I have been trying to wrap my head around this since the season started and I keep hitting some sort of roadblock every single time. With Savvy and Sturm coming off the LTIR very shortly, the more Chia waits this out, the more likely other teams will take advantage of the Bruins. A trade seems like the only way to go because buy-outs will only hinder the B's in the future and going down the waivers route could (or should i say, will) cost the bruins more than they could handle since they are ready to make that cup run. They are in dire need of a PMD (i have seen Chara on the PP, he's not ideal) but a PMD who is also responsible in his own zone and that would fit under Julien's system are not exactly a dime a dozen. Personally, I keep coming back to Savard, Sturm, Ryder, Paille and TO's first pick as the key components to striking a deal, but finding a trading partner has proven to be almost futile. I don't like the idea of giving up that pick, but if there was a way to dump salary and net a decent PMD for the cup run, then i say, why not? (please try to avoid Yandle and Kaberle, i like them, but im tired of hearing about them)

Old
11-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
My thoughts...

I mostly agree regarding the most likely candidates, I see RYDER, PAILLE, WHEELER, HUNWICK and as you stated a pick and/or maybe a prospect in play. I know this will bother some but I still think Tim THOMAS might be considered if he were willing to waive his NTC. He's playing well but I have a feeling PC and crew are looking to RASK, hoping he comes around this season and certainly as their hopeful #1 moving forward in time. With TT strong play thus far, PC may make a bold decision and move him while he's stock is high, particularly if they can get a PMD in the process.

$$$ out RYDER (4.0), THOMAS (5.0), HUNWICK (1.4) and PAILLE (1.1) total 11.5

$$$ in back-up 800 k -1.0, PMD top end 4.5, total 5.5

Old
11-06-2010, 07:10 PM
almostawake

No offense, but you have to do a lot more reading before you go starting threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonkat99 View Post
I have been trying to wrap my head around this since the season started and I keep hitting some sort of roadblock every single time. With Savvy and Sturm coming off the LTIR very shortly, the more Chia waits this out, the more likely other teams will take advantage of the Bruins.
Given that the likely casualties are Ryder and Paille I have trouble believing that the Bruins are at risk of being taken advantage of.

Quote:
A trade seems like the only way to go because buy-outs will only hinder the B's in the future
Buyout is not an option. Buyouts are only permitted during specific windows. None of which are during the regular season.

Quote:
and going down the waivers route could (or should i say, will) cost the bruins more than they could handle since they are ready to make that cup run.
When if comes to waivers, I don't really see what the cost is to the Bruins other than the cash out of JJ's pocket. At the end of the day, the waivers route is up to JJ and that's about it. I don't really see what it has to do with the Bruins looking to make a cup run. In fact, I'd say that if JJ thought a cup run was likely, the extra cash would probably make him more likely to OK stashing players in the minors.

Quote:
They are in dire need of a PMD (i have seen Chara on the PP, he's not ideal)
This is an extremely clueless statement. Chara has lead this team in PP minutes every season he's been here. Before that, he played on Ottawa's PP for, at least, 3 years.

Chara's shot alone makes him a 1st unit PP player on most teams in the league.

It's ridiculous to say that Chara playing on the PP is some indicator that we need to acquire a PMD. There is no defenseman that we might be able to acquire that would push Chara to the 2nd PP unit.

Quote:
but a PMD who is also responsible in his own zone and that would fit under Julien's system are not exactly a dime a dozen. Personally, I keep coming back to Savard, Sturm, Ryder, Paille and TO's first pick as the key components to striking a deal, but finding a trading partner has proven to be almost futile. I don't like the idea of giving up that pick, but if there was a way to dump salary and net a decent PMD for the cup run, then i say, why not? (please try to avoid Yandle and Kaberle, i like them, but im tired of hearing about them)
There are several threads where this is already being discussed.

Old
11-06-2010, 07:25 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

First, I guess you need to see if it even becomes and issue. I still think it is at least 50/50 that Marc Savard never sees the ice this year, and there is no need for any significant move unless Savard returns.

IF/When Sturm returns there probably will need to be a small move (maybe Hunwick, Maybe Paille)

If Savard returns then I think the Bruins would be forced to move Ryder. At that point the season is likely to be at least half over, so we are moving much less money, and there is a good chance some team will take Ryder as he is back to being a productive NHL player this year.

I don't believe there is any real chance this team adds a significant asset (ie PMD) from outside the organization during this season. The money just isn't there.

Old
11-06-2010, 07:41 PM
EmptyNetter

Whom.

Old
11-06-2010, 09:10 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
Use an existing thread. Anybody thinks I should merge this, let me know...

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Closed Thread