HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

4th line unable to bail out the team again

Old
11-06-2010, 09:08 PM
KnuklZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I dont think Lapierre is aware of the situation.. His job in the NHL is far from being guarenteed.. He has to step up big time..
Doesnt Laps always have a stretch during the season where he is invisible...like last year before Lats got traded.

I dont understand how he can be a great energy guy with decent hands to someone that is invisible for a stretch of 10 games...

KnuklZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Destoker

Cammalleri is really getting on my nerves since the beginning of the season. Yeah he's the best sniper on the team, so he should start acting like it. Put the puck on net son. And stop trying to go around everyone you are way too slow for that.

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
Gomez slows down when he enters the zone, which I really can't understand. He didn't used to. Now he enters the zone, skates towards the boards and stops, then looks for a pass. Ugh. So frustrating to watch. He drags down everyone he plays with because of it. Tonight it was AK's turn to have absolutely no chance of even coming close to a scoring opp.
Agreed. Gomez's game has genuinely regressed in this area. He makes Koivu look like Ovechkin by comparison. Gomez goes for the pass over the shot almost 100% of the time. I mean, how many guys would make a pass when they're on a partial breakaway?

Gomez needs to be put through some serious shooting drills, told to take more shots, and given a few games to turn it around.

If that doesn't work, then yes, sit him.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Kenny Powders

Something wrong with Cammalleri, he plays with close to no passion. Bad passes, no speed, doesnt keep the puck. All night he struggled

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:13 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
martin is like a worse version of Julien. It's sicking.

take a look at the standing for fun..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Craig71

-2 games in 2 nights
-Goal waved off by a high stick
-5on 3 pp and no goal
-Too many bad penalties

The ranting and raving about this loss are summed up in the above points. Hard league to win in when all of the above happen to your team. Price was great,PHD was energetic just like last night, Plekanec was great....Same effort as last night just up against a team tonight that was able to make good of it's chances. You will not win with luck alone every night. We need Cammy to come around because secondary scoring is just that....Big guns have to produce. Good night people.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:16 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS_FrEaK View Post
I would play Akost over Pouliot easy. I wouldn't mind this if Halpern is there for the faceoff only then busts his ass back to the bench for andrei.
I wouldn't, Pouliot hits, goes to the nets and shows intensity.

I've never been a fan of Kotitsyn, he has a quick release and a hard shot... That's it!!

Very little intensity, rarely wins one on one battles, poor defensively ( never gets the puck out of his own zone) and if you really isolate on him for a few shift he never seems to be in a rush to do anything... does he even have a higher gear?

not worth $3.2 million... Not even close

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Kenny Powders

Playing 2 games in 2 night isnt an excuse. They played in Buffalo, and it wasnt a hard hitting game.

With all the day-off they got in the last few weeks, beeing tired in a 2 game in 2 night stint is a pathetic excuse for a player.

Old
TheBuriedHab

First and foremost our PP SUCKS. I don't care if you hate him or not, Start Getting Mab ready. lol Can't believe im even thinking of it but Man would his shot look good on the pp. Play him as a fourth liner with minimum minutes.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
Something wrong with Cammalleri, he plays with close to no passion. Bad passes, no speed, doesnt keep the puck. All night he struggled
I have to agree that Cammy has been sucking badly lately too.

A fellow Habs fan suggested to me that maybe Cammy is miffed over not receiving the Captaincy after his playoff heroics last year, and that this is effecting his play.

If so, that would be funny (in a bad sort of way), as our choice of Captain may be dragging both of our two top sniping wingers down, albeit for very different reasons.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuklZ View Post
Doesnt Laps always have a stretch during the season where he is invisible...like last year before Lats got traded.

I dont understand how he can be a great energy guy with decent hands to someone that is invisible for a stretch of 10 games...
He was great in the first few games of the season. For one thing, he was more physical. I was so impressed.

Sadly, now, his old self has taken over.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:21 PM
MathMan

FFS guys, Cammy's also shooting like a madman, 44 shots now. He's converting at half his usual rate. It's the same malady as Gionta, just not as badly as Gionta has it: bad luck.

Cammy's just like Gionta, doing what he's always done, except the puck's not going in. No need to project flaws into his game to try to explain it.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:22 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
If so, that would be funny (in a bad sort of way), as our choice of Captain may be dragging both of our two top sniping wingers down, albeit for very different reasons.
No offense, but I think that notion's laughable, personally...

Old
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Cammy's just like Gionta, doing what he's always done, except the puck's not going in. No need to project flaws into his game to try to explain it.
Actually, when you're on a slump, you try working hard to get it off of it. Not cammalleri at the moment ..

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I have to agree that Cammy has been sucking badly lately too.

A fellow Habs fan suggested to me that maybe Cammy is miffed over not receiving the Captaincy after his playoff heroics last year, and that this is effecting his play.

Nothing in the world would make me believe this Captaincy thing. I don't think anyone on the team cares THAT much about the C. It's only a big deal for the fans and media.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:23 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
Actually, when you're on a slump, you try working hard to get it off of it. Not cammalleri at the moment ..
The reason you think he's not working hard is because the puck's not going in, not the other way around. He's playing like he always does, but he's not scoring, and our human brains want to have a reason and "bad luck" doesn't suit us, so we make up something about his work ethic. Work ethic is so subjective and so ballyhooed (wrongly) that it's become the default story when someone is struggling, and it's not helped by Benoit Brunet who can't explain the smallest thing about the game or its strategy, especially with regards to scorers, so everything ends up being about "effort".

He's getting well over three shots a game. He's not being lazy, he's just not getting puck luck.

Old
11-06-2010, 09:25 PM
JayBee*

Why all the Gomez hate? I think he played ok...made some nice plays. But Gomez relies on goal scorers....you knew this... Right now Gionta is cold...and then add Moen or Lapierre who can't score or get in the position to score. If he's not playing with offensive minded wingers he's useless. So he's been put in a position to fail.

Why is there no talk about Cam...I've been quiet just to see how long he'd last without being mentioned. Since the beginning of the season...Cam has been missing the net...he's been taking way too long to shoot. That whole holding the puck while balancing on one leg crap doesn't work in this league. Problem with him is....he's a one-dimensional player....if he doesn't score, he's useless to the team. At least Gio and Gomez bring other things to the team. Not bashing Cam, but he needs to score. He'll start scoring though...he's a pure goal scorer.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The reason you think he's not working hard is because the puck's not going in, not the other way around. He's playing like he always does, but he's not scoring, and our human brains want to have a reason and "bad luck" doesn't suit us, so we make up something about his work ethic. Work ethic is so subjective and so ballyhooed (wrongly) that it's become the default story when someone is struggling, and it's not helped by Benoit Brunet who can't explain the smallest thing about the game or its strategy, especially with regards to scorers, so everything ends up being about "effort".

He's getting well over three shots a game. He's not being lazy, he's just not getting puck luck.
I'm sure when Cammalleri pots a few it'll coincide with his work ethic magically reappearing.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:26 PM
GoodKiwi

As I said in the GDT, we better figure something out quick because next two games are going to be a real test. We're not going to play BUF or NYI this time.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:27 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I'm sure when Cammalleri pots a few it'll coincide with his work ethic magically reappearing.
Yep. Ditto Gionta and Gomez, for that matter.

Old
linp

Splitting up Pleks and AK is the dumbest move. Our first 2 lines are a mess.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
He was great in the first few games of the season. For one thing, he was more physical. I was so impressed.

Sadly, now, his old self has taken over.
This is true for alot of our team the last couple weeks. We came out flying to start the year. Everyone was hitting, backchecking, forechecking, making the smart play, etc.

Now we dump it in, barely chase it, don't anticipate where they're going to clear it, are content to let them have the puck the majority of the time rather then fight them for it, are no longer hitting, etc.

Its true for everyone. Kostitsyn was a new player to start the year. He's back to his old self. Lapierre is a waste of space. He was worthy of 4th line time (barely) to start the year. If this is how he's going to play, I have a hard time understanding how White could be any worse.

its incredibly frustrating, because we saw how well we can do when we try hard. We tried hard in the playoffs, and we tried hard to start the year. And given the overall talent level on this team, we NEED to be trying hard every night, or its just not going to happen.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:28 PM
FlyingRat

Halak not only would have gotten a shutout, he would have cured cancer between periods.

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Frankenheimer

This isn't meant as a shot at Gomez because I think he'll pick his game up over the year, but I'm just wondering, if he were waived would anyone pick him up? I'm thinking no, but I'm not sure either. His contract pretty much nullifies his asset value.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Habs 1909

Anyone have a video of the massive Darche hit on Regin?

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote