HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Martin Erat

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

vCash: 500
Martin Erat

Hey guys..

I know he's a talented kid who can straight fly out there.

Can you guys tell me his potential...How will he be in the future and all that stuff...

Old
05-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Erat>>>>>>>>All

05-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Erat>>>>>>>>All
hehe

lol, seriously but...

Old
05-16-2005, 11:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Erat>>>>>>>>All

at any rate, I think Erat finally came into his own in 2003-04. He had an outstanding WHL career(was a big part of Red Deer's Mem. Cup after being traded there). He showed flashes early on in Nashville, but his work ethic was questioned, and it ended up seeing him sent to Milwaukee for most of 2002-2003.

in 03-04, we saw a brand new Erat. Before the season, I made some pretty bold comments in which I basically called Erat worthless and a never-going-to-be. Well, maybe he read the board, because he proved everyone wrong. He's about as strong on the puck as anyone on the team. There were times that he'd be skating around the offensive zone with 2 guys hanging off of him, and the puck wouldnt' leave his stick until he found the shot he wanted. He's not really a slick puckhandler, though he's got some neat tricks (notably the off-the-back-of-the-net, around fischer goal in the playoffs).

He continued his strong play in the Czech league this year(where I hear he became a fan favorite) while spending most of the year as one of the top point-getters, even ahead of guys like Palffy.

I think, in the next season or two, Erat is going to emerge as one of the Preds' most dangerous scorers.

Old
05-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids

Old
05-17-2005, 03:15 AM
dulzhok

I think what makes Erat stand out is his ability to maintain complete control of the puck. He is a beast when he has the puck and it's nearly impossible to get it away from him. When he goes into a battle along the board, he almost always comes away with it. Like NMK said, his strength on the puck is absolutely phenominal.

His second most valuable asset is is passing, which I consider to be on the elite level. I've said it since his rookie year... give Erat a true sniper to work with, and he's going to be one of the top assist men in the league.

His speed is equally impressive. His speed with the puck is most impressive. I do disagree with NMK, his puckhandling is at the elite level.

The biggest question with Erat is going to be how many goals is going to put up? He's always had the soft hands, he just appeared to be a little unconfident in his ability to score at the NHL level, so he usually passed. That began to change last year. And from the looks of it, changed a lot this year the Czech league.

I think Erat's struggles in 2003-04 were over-stated.. When "The Vowel Line" (Erat-Arkhipov-Orszagh) failed to carry the team at the beginning of the year, Erat was quickly demoted to 4th line/healthy scratch role within 10 games. He never got a chance to get out of the doghouse. He was eventually demoted to the AHL. By that time, as you can imagine, his confidence was shot. He eventually got his game back and he hasn't looked back since.

IMO, There isn't a forward on the Predators that has more game-breaking potential.

Old
05-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Twist and Shout

Quote:

He's got some neat tricks (notably the off-the-back-of-the-net, around fischer goal in the playoffs).
Wasn't Chelios the d-man who Erat made a fool of on that goal?

Old
05-17-2005, 06:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenSteen
Wasn't Chelios the d-man who Erat made a fool of on that goal?

hm, it might have been.

Old
05-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

I'm pretty sure it was Schneider, if you're referring to the time that he banked it off the net twice.

Old
05-17-2005, 08:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehtonen32
I'm pretty sure it was Schneider, if you're referring to the time that he banked it off the net twice.

haha, okay, well, let's agree that it was one of the Wings' defenders.

Or was it Mattias Norstrom?

Old
05-17-2005, 08:10 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

One really ironic thing...coming into HF as a new member last summer, I really thought it was cool how everyone liked Erat (he is one of my favorite players). I did not learn about the joke (or whatever it may be) until later, I just thought everyone shared my fascination with him.

I watch(ed) the Preds a ton last year, probably the most of any team besides you know who. Erat reminds me at times of a smaller Jagr. He is an amazing skater, and very strong on the puck and hard to knock off of it. Coming out of the corner or around the net, he is like a Forsberg the way he shields off skaters and maintains puck control. He lacks a few things in his game, but will pick them up along the way. His on-ice vision is also amazing. I can see him racking up assists, as well. Very talented player with some flash. I even picked up a blue preds Erat jersey last summer. He has to be special to make his way into my jersey collection.

I wouldn't be suprised to see him scoring 20-25 goals, and 45-55 assists very soon for the Preds.

Old
05-17-2005, 10:44 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
One really ironic thing...coming into HF as a new member last summer, I really thought it was cool how everyone liked Erat (he is one of my favorite players). I did not learn about the joke (or whatever it may be) until later, I just thought everyone shared my fascination with him.

I watch(ed) the Preds a ton last year, probably the most of any team besides you know who. Erat reminds me at times of a smaller Jagr. He is an amazing skater, and very strong on the puck and hard to knock off of it. Coming out of the corner or around the net, he is like a Forsberg the way he shields off skaters and maintains puck control. He lacks a few things in his game, but will pick them up along the way. His on-ice vision is also amazing. I can see him racking up assists, as well. Very talented player with some flash. I even picked up a blue preds Erat jersey last summer. He has to be special to make his way into my jersey collection.

I wouldn't be suprised to see him scoring 20-25 goals, and 45-55 assists very soon for the Preds.
That joke only evolved because someone was stupid enough to claim: Erat>Gaborik

Old
05-17-2005, 10:47 PM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
I just like saying "Erat"

Erat backwards is Tare

Old
05-17-2005, 11:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
That joke only evolved because someone was stupid enough to claim: Erat>Gaborik
and yet, in another thread, someone is claiming

kesler >

brown
kronwall
and so on

it was a dumb joke, and it stinks that no one can talk about erat now without someone trying to be cute.

Old
05-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Ruutu15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlambert
I just like saying "Erat"

Erat backwards is Tare
I remember watching the Detroit Nashville series and Bill Clement or the other one saying something like "Erat is like a name said backwards uhhhhh Tare"

Old
05-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

To settle the debate, it was Schnedier, and I pretty much agree with dulzhok and jtuzzi on this.

05-19-2005, 02:35 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
To settle the debate, it was Schnedier, and I pretty much agree with dulzhok and jtuzzi on this.

Settle nothing. I just watched the tape again and it wasn't Fischer. It wasn't Schneider, and it wasn't Chelios. It was Andy Delmore.

Old
05-19-2005, 02:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Settle nothing. I just watched the tape again and it wasn't Fischer. It wasn't Schneider, and it wasn't Chelios. It was Andy Delmore.

I think he was put up to it by Jere Karalahti, in an elaborate crack deal.

Old
05-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
it was a dumb joke, and it stinks that no one can talk about erat now without someone trying to be cute.
How do you think Skoula feels

Old
05-19-2005, 03:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
How do you think Skoula feels

Or poor Dustin Rose. I've heard from his family that his career and confidence have been all but obliterated by the innumerable jokes made about him here at HF, and that he's sunk to playing goalie on a "Manute Bol Hockey Superstars" touring act.

Old
05-19-2005, 03:07 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
I think he was put up to it by Jere Karalahti, in an elaborate crack deal.
Must have been. I thought I saw Cote in that crowd absolutely plastered. And while we are bringing out Preds failures, I saw Krivo, having exhausted his supply of women, beating himself in some sort of solo domestic dispute. Apparently he's all he has left now

Oh yeah, and I also saw Brad Hopkins, Samari Rolle, and Tank Williams there...

BTW, did anyone else notice this?

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/

Check out the initials next to the Preds on the left hand column. What is the MHL? Apparently, in their absence, the NHL has fallen down a peg to the MHL. This time next year, if we aren't watching playoff hockey, will it be the LHL? I knew they employed poorly trained monkeys at that fishwrapper, now I have proof.

Old
05-19-2005, 03:10 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Or poor Dustin Rose. I've heard from his family that his career and confidence have been all but obliterated by the innumerable jokes made about him here at HF, and that he's sunk to playing goalie on a "Manute Bol Hockey Superstars" touring act.
Unfortunately, do to the pain and humilation felt at HF, he's dropped out of hockey and is on the verge of a wonderful music career.

http://www.cascadeblues.org/Scholars...cholarship.htm

Old
05-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Arastiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Unfortunately, do to the pain and humilation felt at HF, he's dropped out of hockey and is on the verge of a wonderful music career.

http://www.cascadeblues.org/Scholars...cholarship.htm

Old
05-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Riggins

How about expectations point wise? 55 points?

Old
05-19-2005, 04:41 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast
How about expectations point wise? 55 points?
If you go by team on ice, Erat was a third liner for the better part of the season for the Preds and is 8th on PP ice time per game for forwards. I wouldn't be suprised to see his role increased significantly next year. If the Preds land a #1 center that allows Legwand to slide back to the second line role, then I could see Erat flanking Legwand with Hartnell as a possibility on the other side.

That line has speed, grit, and skill and could do well for the Preds. Erat's problem in the past is that he's been surrounding by average talent. He's been centered by Johnson and Arkhipov for a good portion of his career. And Orszagh has been his other winger for a while. While two of those three are solid players, neither helps maximize Erat's abilities. Lining him up with Legwand and Hartnell gives him linemates with talent and speed and, in Hartnell's case, grit, that he sorely needs.

With good linemates and good PP and ES time, he can score 20 goals and 35-40 assists.

Closed Thread