HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4th line unable to bail out the team again

Old
11-06-2010, 09:29 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
First and foremost our PP SUCKS. I don't care if you hate him or not, Start Getting Mab ready. lol Can't believe im even thinking of it but Man would his shot look good on the pp. Play him as a fourth liner with minimum minutes.

weber way before MAB

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by linp View Post
Splitting up Pleks and AK is the dumbest move. Our first 2 lines are a mess.
Would help if we had another legitimate scoring threat to insert into the top 6. At least then it'd just be interchanging guys who are used to the roles they're given.

Hopefully Pouliot gets another shot in a few games, but for now I'm reluctant to remove him from Darche and Halpern because they seem to be the only line with any real spark at the moment.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
Halak not only would have gotten a shutout, he would have cured cancer between periods.
A few more weeks of Halak playing like he is, and this type of comment will no longer be considered sarcastic.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:33 PM
JayBee*

"we played so well at the beginning of the season".

Did you see the teams we played? Bottom feeders. Now we're starting to play some average to good teams and we're seeing just where we rank..which is mediocre.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Craig71

68 more games to go.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

if the PP doesnt turn around this team will start sinking like a brick.... teams certainly dont fear this team with the man advantage....

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:35 PM
RNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The reason you think he's not working hard is because the puck's not going in, not the other way around. He's playing like he always does, but he's not scoring, and our human brains want to have a reason and "bad luck" doesn't suit us, so we make up something about his work ethic. Work ethic is so subjective and so ballyhooed (wrongly) that it's become the default story when someone is struggling, and it's not helped by Benoit Brunet who can't explain the smallest thing about the game or its strategy, especially with regards to scorers, so everything ends up being about "effort".

He's getting well over three shots a game. He's not being lazy, he's just not getting puck luck.
You are using one metric, shots taken, to decide on the entire contribution of the player. So far this year, Cammy is not the same player he was last year. And I'm not talking about the playoffs, I just mean in general. He's not awful; he's just been very 'bleh' all-around.

I can handle missing the net on good scoring chances. But his amount of quality shots, good scoring chances, is down as well, and those come from out-working and out-thinking the opposition. He just hasn't been a very smart player so far this year.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:37 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
Anyone have a video of the massive Darche hit on Regin?
not yet but watch this waiting the YT
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=35&id=81771

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Souvenirs

HfBoards after a loss:
- Stupid threads are created : Check
- People whine about Martin : Check
-People whine about our size: Check
- People whine about Halak : Check
- Some stupid rumours are started: Check
- JimCareyPrice reappears: Check

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
This is true for alot of our team the last couple weeks. We came out flying to start the year. Everyone was hitting, backchecking, forechecking, making the smart play, etc.

Now we dump it in, barely chase it, don't anticipate where they're going to clear it, are content to let them have the puck the majority of the time rather then fight them for it, are no longer hitting, etc.

Its true for everyone. Kostitsyn was a new player to start the year. He's back to his old self. Lapierre is a waste of space. He was worthy of 4th line time (barely) to start the year. If this is how he's going to play, I have a hard time understanding how White could be any worse.

its incredibly frustrating, because we saw how well we can do when we try hard. We tried hard in the playoffs, and we tried hard to start the year. And given the overall talent level on this team, we NEED to be trying hard every night, or its just not going to happen.
I'm not ready to say AK46 is "back to his old self". The lines shuffling is affecting players, particularly him who completed Plek nicely. Plek's production slowed down lately as well so... It's really the lines shuffling. AK46 (and Plek) is still battling hard and quite intense, just nothing to show for on the scorecard.

Lappy is another story. He's pretty much useless in the last ten games. He basically stopped hitting and being very intense. One example tonight was the sequence leading to Kovy's first goal. Lappy had the opportunity to check Kovy or at the very least block his way along the board. Instead, he just played lazily by trying to poke the puck away from Kovy (of all people!) with his stick. Obviously, that failed and Kovy transported the puck around and behind Habs net and it ended with a Sens goal.

Edit: Here's the video http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...MTL253&fr=true
Lappy was horrible to watch during whole sequence.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 11-06-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Roke

If the Habs had spent $2m on players better than Pyatt, Lapierre, and Boyd they probably come away with a point tonight. It would not have been a 180 degree difference in terms of overall team play, but those 3 struggled (again) tonight as they have all season.

The top 9 forwards were okay given that it was the 2nd game in 2 nights and Price was good. I'm not all that happy but it isn't the end of the world.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:42 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
if the PP doesnt turn around this team will start sinking like a brick.... teams certainly dont fear this team with the man advantage....
Habs don't even get that many PP's cuz they never have the puck in the offensive zone... There's so much wrong with this team.

Old
11-06-2010, 09:43 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
If the Habs had spent $2m on players better than Pyatt, Lapierre, and Boyd they probably come away with a point tonight. It would not have been a 180 degree difference in terms of overall team play, but those 3 struggled (again) tonight as they have all season.

The top 9 forwards were okay given that it was the 2nd game in 2 nights and Price was good. I'm not all that happy but it isn't the end of the world.
Its our fourth line for god sakes, how about the players that get the big bucks start taking responsibility instead of picking on guys that get under 10 minutes a game.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:44 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

If anyone needs a good laugh to cheer them up after this loss go look through the PGT on the Leafs' board.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
This isn't meant as a shot at Gomez because I think he'll pick his game up over the year, but I'm just wondering, if he were waived would anyone pick him up? I'm thinking no, but I'm not sure either. His contract pretty much nullifies his asset value.
With a minute to go Gomez fired a shot at the net coming across the blueline and he just missed. I can't remember the last time he's taken a shot like that, despite regularly being in much better scoring positions. His mind needs to be reprogrammed, his game is oversimplified to the point he's looks to gain the blueline and dish it off to someone else nearly 100 percent of the time.

most of us would consider overlooking his salary if he came up to near ppg scoring, but even that looks like a longshot now.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:50 PM
elsubz

Can someone explain me why **** does Spacek and Hamrlik have more ice time than PK? We need a goal and the guy ain't even there in the last minutes.

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:51 PM
expy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
HfBoards after a loss:
- Stupid threads are created : Check
- People whine about Martin : Check
-People whine about our size: Check
- People whine about Halak : Check
- Some stupid rumours are started: Check
- JimCareyPrice reappears: Check
Funny how you assume that this happens only after a loss.

expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
No offense, but I think that notion's laughable, personally...
It wasn't my idea, and I doubt it myself, so I don't take offense. I just threw it out there because I'm genuinely a bit befuddled by Cammy's struggles. Cammy's harder to peg because the quality of his scoring chances are usually much better than they've been recently.

However, putting that aside, I don't know why you're defending Gomez so much.

I'm not the only one seeing that he's not shooting the puck enough, and slowing down in the offensive zone too much. At least two other posters on this thread have noticed that as well.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
Halak not only would have gotten a shutout, he would have cured cancer between periods.
Jealous I see...

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:56 PM
linp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Its our fourth line for god sakes, how about the players that get the big bucks start taking responsibility instead of picking on guys that get under 10 minutes a game.
But that is the line that gave up the two goals besides the PP goals. They are all -2. Boyd is so weak defensively as a center man. Lapierre is playing half hearted. You don't split up Pleks and AK. It was the combination that works. Even worst, you put AK on the left wing. JM is brain dead. Just think about how he put Eller on the first line and then benches him. Exactly what Max Pac is saying. Why JM made all those crazy moves. I think he is now too old to coach.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
expy

Martin has to stop juggling the lines like the clown he is, and stick with a set for a while. Changing the lines every 2 periods is stupid.

expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Can someone explain me why **** does Spacek and Hamrlik have more ice time than PK? We need a goal and the guy ain't even there in the last minutes.
Umm PK hasn't been scoring in droves lately...

Old
11-06-2010, 10:00 PM
OneSharpMarble

- Put Akost back on the top line
- Faceoffs need to be addressed
- Get a shot for the powerplay & a dman who can make a damn pass

That's 3 things I would handle right off the bat. MAB will be hearing from his agent I am sure and that is a hell of alot better than when the idiots in charge gave brisebois another contract PUKE!!!!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 10:04 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
- Put Akost back on the top line
- Faceoffs need to be addressed
- Get a shot for the powerplay & a dman who can make a damn pass

That's 3 things I would handle right off the bat. MAB will be hearing from his agent I am sure and that is a hell of alot better than when the idiots in charge gave brisebois another contract PUKE!!!!
I'd call up Weber before making that call to MAB. Hell, I think there's a couple of defensemen in Hamilton that would do a better job than some of the guys up here.

Old
11-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I'd call up Weber before making that call to MAB. Hell, I think there's a couple of defensemen in Hamilton that would do a better job than some of the guys up here.
Weber and Henry, he can't be worse than Gill at the moment. And its time for White, I don't care what people think, he can't be worse than some of the stiffs on this team right now.