HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I hope Buff and Ladd light us up

Old
11-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Suburbanbear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1378 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out when Versteeg became this hockey god with a massive perceived value and not the over payed maddeningly inconsistent third liner he was with the Hawks.....

LMAO...he did drive me nuts last year

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1378 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out when Versteeg became this hockey god with a massive perceived value and not the over payed maddeningly inconsistent third liner he was with the Hawks.....
2nd rounder = Massive value?

Seriously no one is making Steeger out to be a hockey god. The return for Steeger is the issue

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:36 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
A 2nd > What we got for Steeger

There are plenty of teams that would have gave us a 2nd in 2010 draft.

It was a deep draft and I would have prefered to pick up a 2nd over the package we got from Leafs

You think Tallon wouldn't have given up his early 2nd for Steeger?

There was some good 1st round talent in this past draft that slipped into 2nd and Hawks would have been better off just dumping Steeger for a 2nd and getting one of them
I just think it's extremely naive to think that Bowman pulled the trigger on certain deals without exhausting all of his other options.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:07 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:

Seriously no one is making Steeger out to be a hockey god. The return for Steeger is the issue

As I've suggested in other posts, the fact that this deal took place so soon after the end of last season, I think the Hawks targeted Stahlberg when shopping Versteeg, mainly due to his skating ability and potential. Forgetting about the difference in salaries, if I could reverse that trade today, I'd hafta give it some serious consideration and at the end of the day probably would not, especially with that other kid Paradis looking like a solid prospect.

In fact makes me think .... hmmmmm..... maybe the young Mr Bowman schooled Mr Burke this time around.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:

There was nothing wrong with the return. Get your head out of your ass.

Stalberg more than equals a 2nd rounder because we needed plaers who are ready NOW, not 3 - 4 years down the road. Just imagine who you would be cursing in place of Stalberg, Taffe, Potulny, etc, those guys would be here instead of Stalberg, not Beach or Morin.

Get over your self, you are not the juggernaut of talent evaluation, not even close.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 11:33 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
A 2nd > What we got for Steeger

There are plenty of teams that would have gave us a 2nd in 2010 draft.

It was a deep draft and I would have prefered to pick up a 2nd over the package we got from Leafs

You think Tallon wouldn't have given up his early 2nd for Steeger?

There was some good 1st round talent in this past draft that slipped into 2nd and Hawks would have been better off just dumping Steeger for a 2nd and getting one of them
You are a horrible judge of talent.

Stalberg himself is worth more than a 2nd round pick.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:18 AM
JUICEY*

We got Stalberg=worth 2nd rounder
Paradis=1st round pick from 2 years ago
Didomenico=3rd/4th rounder

Look at the production that Stalberg has given us. For 850k, we got a guy who can play on any line. He has 8 points in 15 games, which is 44 points over an 82 game season. Not to mention he has gotten this production with very very limited minutes the first 10 games of the year. Give the guy a break.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:22 AM
JUICEY*

It is funny that when we got Leddy everyone said, "Oh wow I can't believe we got a 1st rounder from just a year ago!"

Now we get a guy who was drafted like 10 spots down from Leddy and he automatically sucks just because he was traded twice, instead of once like Leddy.

The guy has been awesome in the Q, and yes I know the Q doesn't have a lot of talent but so what. The kid is 19 years old; can we give the guy a little time to develop before we immediately write him off?

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote