HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4th line unable to bail out the team again

Old
11-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
I don't like what I've seen of Boyd and last night's game made me think that combining him with Pyatt is looking for trouble. Both ES goals were their fault.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

This team really has no fire. No combative streak, no edge, no grit, no warrior spirit. Our goalie gets interfered and no one is punished for it. We don't hit anybody. When the team lose the game is almost always done. First thing first, send Boyd and Pyatt down, call back White and Conboy. I'm so tired of this crap.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
This team really has no fire. No combative streak, no edge, no grit, no warrior spirit. Our goalie gets interfered and no one is punished for it. We don't hit anybody. When the team lose the game is almost always done. First thing first, send Boyd and Pyatt down, call back White and Conboy. I'm so tired of this crap.
It was Subban who pushed Kelly into Price, stupidest thing ever to do and our defense does it all the time.

And there is no need to have both Pyatt and Boyd in the line-up, both are pretty much the same soft player... we definitely should have White in the lineup before one of them.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
It was Subban who pushed Kelly into Price, stupidest thing ever to do and our defense does it all the time.
Our goalie gets interfered all the time. In every games. And there is zero retaliation.

This Habs team is soffe.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:43 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:

And there is no need to have both Pyatt and Boyd in the line-up, both are pretty much the same soft player... we definitely should have White in the lineup before one of them.
I'd waive Boyd and call-up White... or anyone who actually wants to help this team win.

It was an awfull display of lame ducks out there...

This team sucks ass... meanwhile St-Louis are first in the league (or close to it).

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:53 AM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I'd waive Boyd and call-up White... or anyone who actually wants to help this team win.

It was an awfull display of lame ducks out there...

This team sucks ass... meanwhile St-Louis are first in the league (or close to it).
Who ****ing cares about st louis

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 07:56 AM
JayBee*

well, glad to see more people coming to the realization that this team is soft. They're very soft and have been this way for years.

Gotta love seeing a hab player and an opposing player chasing the puck in the corner and instead of the Hab player laying a body check, he gives a soft little stick check. Soft hockey.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Who ****ing cares about st louis
Honestly KW, people who are unconvinced that Gauthier is skilled enough to build and lead this team, that's who. Even more the people who refuse to make excuses for a long list of bad moves that have prevented the team from rising above pretender status.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

At least we're not being blown out of these damn games. We somehow manage to keep them close.

I'd rather be winning though damn it!

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 09:27 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Honestly KW, people who are unconvinced that Gauthier is skilled enough to build and lead this team, that's who. Even more the people who refuse to make excuses for a long list of bad moves that have prevented the team from rising above pretender status.
"...but but but but he has the cap to deal with....be patient"

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Why the **** Pyatt and Boyd are still with th club and Ryan White is with the bulldogs?

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 09:45 AM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Well unfortunatly Gauthier needs to mop up Gaineys mess
He has little cap room and who is going to want an over the hill Spacek, Hammerlick, or Gill... or an over paid under performing Gomez... maybe there are teams that COULD take them but the habs would need to bend over a barrel.

By no stretch do I agree with the moves he has made but you need to be realistic with what he has to work with.

NOW next summer that is a different story with an estimated 30 million to play with changes need to happen

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:

Last time I checked, penalty killing was an important part of hockey. Maybe I'm sleeping and am just dreaming.

PS. Don't even try telling me Boyd is as good on the PK as Tommy Pyatt. Guy was a beast in the playoffs and he's second on the team (forwards) in PK time per game (2 seconds behind Halpern).

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:07 AM
TroyM

Pyatt definitely brings something to the team. There is no doubt in my mind who our forward who sits should be and that is Boyd. He had one or two good shifts last game, but also a couple terrible ones and generally he just looks weak and useless to me. And weakness isn't the end all and be all - IF you can bring something else to the table, but he hasn't done that either. I really am not a fan and would not put him in the lineup over any of the top 12 by choice. Maybe with injuries he can squeeze in or if someone like Lappy or Pyatt or something really trails off and we are desperate, but as of now, Boyd has definitely earned 13th forward status for me.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Loner

I understand Pyatt role in PK but he need to be stronger at 5vs5. His line with Lapierre and Boyd are minus 14 so far this year. Boyd is the worse of them with minus 6 in only 9 games while playing less than 10 minutes. This is an unacceptable situation.

Our top line are responsible for the lack of offense but our fourth line can't allow goals like they're doing right now. This team need solid performance from this line and right now even if our offense would score, all their work would be wasted by the play of Lapierre, Boyd and Pyatt.

The error they did at training camps is not keeping a spot for a call-up, any of these guys would have a lot more pressure if they know that White or someone else could take their spot.

Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:46 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
HfBoards after a loss:
- Stupid threads are created : Check
- People whine about Martin : Check
-People whine about our size: Check
- People whine about Halak : Check
- Some stupid rumours are started: Check
- JimCareyPrice reappears: Check
Finally someone who gets it !!!!!!!!

I have begun to think it's not a bandwagon thing, it's more an age thing !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:55 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
HfBoards after a loss:
- Stupid threads are created : Check
- People whine about Martin : Check
-People whine about our size: Check
- People whine about Halak : Check
- Some stupid rumours are started: Check
- JimCareyPrice reappears: Check
You forgot about all the posts demanding White to be called up.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Last time I checked, penalty killing was an important part of hockey. Maybe I'm sleeping and am just dreaming.

PS. Don't even try telling me Boyd is as good on the PK as Tommy Pyatt. Guy was a beast in the playoffs and he's second on the team (forwards) in PK time per game (2 seconds behind Halpern).
Last time I checked 5 on 5 play was also important, getting scored on twice during 6 minutes of even strength is awful.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Craig71

Or how about a new line combinations post.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:13 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
weber way before MAB
Hate to say it but looks like Markov needs a left handed shot to feed to...the team already has a righty in Subban.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Corey

Quote:
Last time I checked 5 on 5 play was also important, getting scored on twice during 6 minutes of even strength is awful.
I am not a Pyatt fan. He's a featherweight. While he has some value on the PK, Boyd seems worthless and he makes Darche seem like gold by comparison.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I'd like to remind you that your team is 3rd in the Eastern Conference and best in the division. There are teams who would give body parts for a goalie with as much potential as Carey Price (my Sens sure would). Criticizing a game is fine, but the makeup of the team? Come on, the Habs are doing a lot better than most.

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:20 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamy View Post
I'd like to remind you that your team is 3rd in the Eastern Conference and best in the division. There are teams who would give body parts for a goalie with as much potential as Carey Price (my Sens sure would). Criticizing a game is fine, but the makeup of the team? Come on, the Habs are doing a lot better than most.
Thanks, a great observation, but this board is a rough place to be after a loss...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:29 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
Something wrong with Cammalleri, he plays with close to no passion. Bad passes, no speed, doesnt keep the puck. All night he struggled
He's sulking 'cos he didn't get the C that is weighing down Gionta...players should've picked...Gionta still gets it and no grumbling.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:36 PM
DBS

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamy View Post
So true. The dumb comments abound on any board after a loss, but it's the worst whenever I visit the Habs board

I suspect that some fans expect teams to go all out 100 percent shift after shift, game after game, while outhitting and outpunching every opponent. They're supposed to dive after every puck and play with Brian Burke's preferred style of belligerence. As Brian Burke found out, hockey teams - with rare exceptions - are not composed for this task (even Anaheim these days is not the tough bunch of yore and they often play some lazy ass hockey).

The Canadiens are probably one of the least physical teams because it's not their style to play physical. But that doesn't mean they're not trying their best.

DBS is offline   Reply With Quote