HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calgary Flames @ Minnesota Wild - 7PM CST - KSTC 45 (HD)

Old
11-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Casper
30 goal grinder

vCash: 500
I really don't think this team is that boring at all. Sure they need to develop some offensive chemistry but they are skating hard and hitting hard. I thought the first two periods were extremely entertaining.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:06 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

way to go wild! i want to see Cullen and Wellman together because he was absolutely flying tonight. I was hoping his shot would bounce off of Kipper and into the net. Lets hope the wild can come out tomorrow with a good effort. I spent much of my time yelling at the tv saying come guys you're going to lose to the flames?

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Vashanesh
Nope.

I guess I'm in the minority. But seeing us get hemmed in our zone for >1 minute at least 3-4 times a period KILLS momentum for me. Hearing "and they clear.....NOT out!" a dozen times eats me alive.

Like I said, a win is a win, but this WILL NOT keep up. We can't expect our D and Backs to look this good every single game while we give them such a small amount of offensive support.

I'd love to see our time on attack numbers for the last 2 years to compare them to this year. It seems like it's SUBSTANTIALLY less, but maybe my perception isn't in line with reality.

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

I have a feeling we will be going on a losing streak.. just about... now.

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Dudicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
I guess I'm in the minority. But seeing us get hemmed in our zone for >1 minute at least 3-4 times a period KILLS momentum for me. Hearing "and they clear.....NOT out!" a dozen times eats me alive.

Like I said, a win is a win, but this WILL NOT keep up. We can't expect our D and Backs to look this good every single game while we give them such a small amount of offensive support.

I'd love to see our time on attack numbers for the last 2 years to compare them to this year. It seems like it's SUBSTANTIALLY less, but maybe my perception isn't in line with reality.
I may be wrong, but I seem to recall plenty of times last season where we spent full shifts in our defensive zone. The difference this year is that the team is actually playing defense (though I do admit, part of playing defense is the ability to clear the zone...).

It is nice so far this season to not see 15 clean opponent breakaways every game.

I think it is a bit easier be defensively strong(er) and to pick things up offensively during the course of the season as opposed to vice versa. One can only hope that getting an injured player or two back into the lineup can give us a bit more "oomph" offensivley.

Dudicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:33 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
I think it is a bit easier be defensively strong(er) and to pick things up offensively during the course of the season as opposed to vice versa. One can only hope that getting an injured player or two back into the lineup can give us a bit more "oomph" offensivley.
Don't expect anyone back any time soon. Butch just "hit the pause button" on his return, Gui just got downgraded to "Week-to-Week," and who knows how severe Mittens' concussion is––plus, to be honest, our production is only going to go down if Richards slots him back into the first line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Awesome play by Cullen to set-up Havlat on that goal. Glad to see him get his first goal of the year, hopefully this will open the floodgates for him.

Losing Latendresse really hurts, I think he's going to be out for a while. Hopefully he gets better soon.
I'm actually a little relieved that it's a more serious injury, actually. It gives an excuse for his slow start, and gives me hope that he'll be the old "new Latendresse" after he works through it.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post

The way that the wild are playing isn't ideal..but honestly as long as they are skating and hitting this team can win a few games.

Hopefully the wild can find a way to pick it up offensively and become a more "entertaining" team.

Old
11-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Dudicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnisen View Post
I have a feeling we will be going on a losing streak.. just about... now.
I'm glad you were wrong.

Dudicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 01:17 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Hopefully the wild can find a way to pick it up offensively and become a more "entertaining" team.
honestly, i prefer watching a team that wins... as opposed to last season.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 01:20 AM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Wins are pointless unless they are 10-9 games.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I just meant that with more experience for wellman and once butch and lats gets back the offense should pick up...which is by default more entertaining. If the D keeps this up and the offense picks up we are looking much, much better this year.