HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#15: Flyers @ Capitals - Sunday, Nov. 7, 2010 - 5:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Yep, both Wellwood and JVR have to sit so Shelley can get his standard three minutes of ice-time. Awesome.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 02:46 PM
GermanFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I'll leave the question open. Hint: the goalie never played for the Flyers.

Leighton: There is no way in hell Bobrovsky should sit if the team continues on a roll. Much can happen to when Leighton does return but it would be absolutely foolish to disrupt what this team has currently. That said, there is going to be an eventual need to use two goalies.
Jamie Storr?

GermanFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 02:47 PM
usahockey22flyers
Shot, Rebound, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You play the players who you think are going to put up points on the powerplay and deserve it.

Who do you take out on the pp if you want JVR playing?

Giroux-Richards-Carter-Leino-Hartnell-Briere

Pretty much all 6 of these players have looked good on the pp. Even Hartnell who is hated by most has looked pretty good so far this season.
I wasnt talking about now. I messed up my post lol. I meant if he got some more PP when he was hands down the best player on our team the first couple of games, maybe he could of picked up a few extra points, continued that streak and wouldnt be scratched. He dosent deserve PP time at this moment, hopefully he gets back in the line-up and plays like he did in the first few games of the year, and earns PP time.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Your right putting up points is a big part. I forgot about that aspect.
wow, he predicted a win. That is unprecedented
In professional hockey (let alone a game 7), for the coach to come out on national TV and predict a win from the bench as his team trails by two goals.

That probably actually is unprecedented, and certainly ballsy.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 02:53 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Yep, both Wellwood and JVR have to sit so Shelley can get his standard three minutes of ice-time. Awesome.
I honestly cant believe some of the ignorant fans on this board. Shelley has to play to protect our players. I mean do you want guys like orr running the fckn goalie again. You guys should understand the fckn concept of hockey already. Fighting has been in hockey since hockey has been hockey. JVR has absolutely done not 1 fckn thing in a flyers jersey. He should go back to the ahl to develop. Hes not ready yet. Skating hard and turning pucks over doesnt give you a spot. Now honestly I like wellwood alot. I would like to keep him up, but not sure how to work that around the roster. Some of you guys may not beleive in fighting, but if shelley didnt play and boogard or someone ran giroux and fckd him up all you guys would do is btch about how nobody did a damn thing about it so S T F U already

HardHitt3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 02:54 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanFlyer View Post
Jamie Storr?
That's correct.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 02:57 PM
usahockey22flyers
Shot, Rebound, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHitt3n View Post
I honestly cant believe some of the ignorant fans on this board. Shelley has to play to protect our players. I mean do you want guys like orr running the fckn goalie again. You guys should understand the fckn concept of hockey already. Fighting has been in hockey since hockey has been hockey. JVR has absolutely done not 1 fckn thing in a flyers jersey. He should go back to the ahl to develop. Hes not ready yet. Skating hard and turning pucks over doesnt give you a spot. Now honestly I like wellwood alot. I would like to keep him up, but not sure how to work that around the roster. Some of you guys may not beleive in fighting, but if shelley didnt play and boogard or someone ran giroux and fckd him up all you guys would do is btch about how nobody did a damn thing about it so S T F U already
Hey man, if you wanna express your ideas, please do it in a more polite way. Telling people to "****" if very rude. I have alot of respect for all the posters on here, whether I agree with them or not.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 02:58 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Hey man, if you wanna express your ideas, please do it in a more polite way. Telling people to "****" if very rude. I have alot of respect for all the posters on here, whether I agree with them or not.
Half the people on this board dont understand the game of hockey. Its rediculous.

Old
11-07-2010, 03:04 PM
jb**

Quote:
Half the people on this board dont understand the game of hockey. Its rediculous.
only half? You sure?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Shelley is a useless waste of a roster spot and 1.1 million dollars of cap space over three years.

Old
11-07-2010, 03:09 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Yea cause Shelly's 3 minutes of icetime is SUPER scary to these other teams. Also him getting his ass beat in is really intimidating.

Oh and beleive it or not, there are other players on this team that would do something if Boogard did something like that to Giroux. And I bet Shelly wouldnt be on the ice with Giroux anyway.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 03:11 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Its more that some of us dont agree that gooning it up is hockey. Hasnt worked since the 70s. Wont work now.

Old
11-07-2010, 03:13 PM
ApeZilla

Send a message via AIM to ApeZilla
Like you? Rule 46.16 made players like Shelly obsolete. The fact that people think you need a player like Shelly anymore means you don't understand the new game of hockey. At this point we just put Shelly out there to fight the opposing teams unnecessary goon because they've yet to be completely phased out of the NHL, but that day is near. If you're talking about old school flyers hockey, the broad street bullies, those guys could score too. After the lockout the NHL took out the ability for players like Shelly to govern their own sport, I literally do not know what rock you were under.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-07-2010 at 03:47 PM.
ApeZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 03:14 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Its more that some of us dont agree that gooning it up is hockey. Hasnt worked since the 70s. Wont work now.
I never said goon it up bro. But u have to have guys on ur team who are gonna control that. Its not rocket science. 98 percent of the teams in the nhl have a 4th line of guys who fight accept the red wings and such. And they end of having guys like datsyuk fighting lol which is moronic.

Old
11-07-2010, 03:16 PM
RoDu

Quote:

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeZilla View Post
Like you? Rule 46.16 made players like Shelly obsolete. The fact that people think you need a player like Shelly anymore means you don't understand the new game of hockey. At this point we just put Shelly out there to fight the opposing teams unnecessary goon because they've yet to be completely phased out of the NHL, but that day is near. If you're talking about old school flyers hockey, the broad street bullies, those guys could score too. After the lockout the NHL took out the ability for players like Shelly to govern their own sport, I literally do not know what rock you were under.
Gary bettman is the biggest joke to happen to the NHL, I gurantee u if that Instigator Rule was gone ud see a whole let less of cheap sht happening. Shelley is like the perfect goon. He plays the game and he doesnt go take stupid ass penalties to hurt the team he just protects the players and provides energy for the team.

Old
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I never said goon it up bro. But u have to have guys on ur team who are gonna control that. Its not rocket science. 98 percent of the teams in the nhl have a 4th line of guys who fight accept the red wings and such. And they end of having guys like datsyuk fighting lol which is moronic.
They also win the Stanley Cup. Id rather have a team that can win the Stanley Cup then be known as good fighters. Carcillo can drop them and play close to 10 minutes on the ice. Shelly drops them, loses, and plays 3-4 minutes a game. There are players who can play hockey and fight.

Old
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Gary bettman is the biggest joke to happen to the NHL, I gurantee u if that Instigator Rule was gone ud see a whole let less of cheap sht happening. Shelley is like the perfect goon. He plays the game and he doesnt go take stupid ass penalties to hurt the team he just protects the players and provides energy for the team.
Except other then fighting (which he doesnt do well at anyway). He does nothing else. How is he protecting players while sitting on the bench? Even if he was out there against skilled players, I would bet we would get scored on before Shelly could goon it.

Old
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
They also win the Stanley Cup. Id rather have a team that can win the Stanley Cup then be known as good fighters. Carcillo can drop them and play close to 10 minutes on the ice. Shelly drops them, loses, and plays 3-4 minutes a game. There are players who can play hockey and fight.
Look at the ducks man, they had a goon squad on there team and won the cup. It doesnt even matter come playoff time. during the reg season u have to start guys like shelley. During the playoffs you can bench him cuz the stakes are way to high for that stuff

Old
11-07-2010, 03:19 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Except other then fighting (which he doesnt do well at anyway). He does nothing else. How is he protecting players while sitting on the bench? Even if he was out there against skilled players, I would bet we would get scored on before Shelly could goon it.
man they have been runnin that carcillo betts shelley line pretty regularly bro

Old
11-07-2010, 03:19 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
LOL no one would stand a chance against boogard. Shelley fought him at the beginning of the game so he didnt take liberties like colton orr did. This forum is full of a bunch of puss*es. I bet if you guys get punched in the face ull either cry or call the cops instead of hitting them back. You guys are funny.
Sigh. You remind me of the one guy who came onto these boards saying he rather see a bench brawl then a Stanely Cup. Go watch wrestling or UFC (UFC is pretty cool though).

Old
11-07-2010, 03:20 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
man they have been runnin that carcillo betts shelley line pretty regularly bro
Check Shelly's icetime compared to the rest of them bro.

Old
11-07-2010, 03:21 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Sigh. You remind me of the one guy who came onto these boards saying he rather see a bench brawl then a Stanely Cup. Go watch wrestling or UFC (UFC is pretty cool though).
LOL i do watch ufc and football, But i love philadelphia hockey more then anything. And Id rather see a stanley cup rather then a bench brawl, but it would be awesome to see both at the same time dont you think?

Old
11-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Garbage Goal

I've never put a user on my ignore list before, but this new guy is tempting.

Old
11-07-2010, 03:25 PM
RoDu

so how is Shelley going to protect our stars when he's not on the ice at the same time as them? not to mention he's lost all of his fights this year so far

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote