HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#15: Flyers @ Capitals - Sunday, Nov. 7, 2010 - 5:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
flyersguy33*

vCash: 500
who let Shelley on the computer so close to game time?

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 04:26 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I've never put a user on my ignore list before, but this new guy is tempting.
Lol Id feel almost honored bro. Philadelphia hockey has a winning tradition and a toughness tradition. We arent the Broad Street Bullies anymore but no one is gonna push us around. And thats the way it should always be regardless of how you guys feel. I mean were winning with shelley and carcillo playing so i dont see your beef. Now during playoffs yea sit shelley and start wellwood. In the playoffs the stakes are way to high

HardHitt3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 04:26 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHitt3n View Post
This forum is full of a bunch of puss*es. I bet if you guys get punched in the face ull either cry or call the cops instead of hitting them back. You guys are funny.

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 04:27 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
so how is Shelley going to protect our stars when he's not on the ice at the same time as them? not to mention he's lost all of his fights this year so far
man its not about winning the fights. Its about doing whats right. Do you remember when we had no one to fight Orr last yr and all he did was throw dirty hits and run the goalie. No one did anything about it. I dont wanna see anyone running into BOB the way that kid is playing

Old
11-07-2010, 04:27 PM
ApeZilla

Send a message via AIM to ApeZilla
I think he may be trollin'

Listen kid, whether or not anyone likes the rule changes or the "New" NHL isn't really up for discussion. You mention Boogard, guess what, you don't have to fight him and it's moronic to fill a roster spot because you think you have to. The Flyers have a team full of players that can defend themselves AND score, Shelly is a waste.

You seem like a testosterone filled meat head, so, I'm sure you like to win right? Well guess what genius, dressing Shelly over one of our talented (and no, being big and scary is no longer a talent in the NHL) players gives us a worse chance of winning.

ApeZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 04:28 PM
RoDu

Quote:
man its not about winning the fights. Its about doing whats right. Do you remember when we had no one to fight Orr last yr and all he did was throw dirty hits and run the goalie. No one did anything about it. I dont wanna see anyone running into BOB the way that kid is playing
you remember how he took a bunch of bad penalties and eventually got benched because we scored on those PP's he gave us? And how is SHelley supposed to prevent other teams guys from fisticuffs when he looses all of his fights?

Old
11-07-2010, 04:28 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeZilla View Post
I think he may be trollin'

Listen kid, whether or not anyone likes the rule changes or the "New" NHL isn't really up for discussion. You mention Boogard, guess what, you don't have to fight him and it's moronic to fill a roster spot because you think you have to. The Flyers have a team full of players that can defend themselves AND score, Shelly is a waste.

You seem like a testosterone filled meat head, so, I'm sure you like to win right? Well guess what genius, dressing Shelly over one of our talented (and no, being big and scary is no longer a talent in the NHL) players gives us a worse chance of winning.
you say this when were on a winning streak with shelley actually playing lol

Old
11-07-2010, 04:29 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
who let Shelley on the computer so close to game time?
LMAO

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HardHitt3n

Quote:
you remember how he took a bunch of bad penalties and eventually got benched because we scored on those PP's he gave us? And how is SHelley supposed to prevent other teams guys from fisticuffs when he looses all of his fights?
so youll trade a goal for a starting goalie on The IR yea like that really helps us man

Old
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Lol Id feel almost honored bro. Philadelphia hockey has a winning tradition and a toughness tradition. We arent the Broad Street Bullies anymore but no one is gonna push us around. And thats the way it should always be regardless of how you guys feel. I mean were winning with shelley and carcillo playing so i dont see your beef. Now during playoffs yea sit shelley and start wellwood. In the playoffs the stakes are way to high
This is 2010, there is no need for a guy like Shelley on this team, as much as it might suck, the days of needing an enforcer are over. Turn off you power button Shelley, hit the ice for warmups, then pick out your spot on the bench, and keep it warm

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

No one does Push the Flyers around. There is no need for Shelley on this team, even though I like him alot. Richie/Pronger/Giroux/Carcillo/Coburn, always come to someones defense when they get hit or cheap shotted. Hell even Zherdev did

Old
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
RoDu

Quote:
so youll trade a goal for a starting goalie on The IR yea like that really helps us man
tell us then, Jody Shelley's mom, how is Shelley supposed to prevent this?

Old
11-07-2010, 04:33 PM
ApeZilla

Quote:
Considering the number 3 you used as an e in your username, which is cute really it is, I don't think you were alive for the Broad St. Bullies, so you don't really realize how drastically different the sport was at that time. You heard some stories about how they used to rough it up, but they won because they could score, which shelly can not. Then the NHL teams realized we need more scoring, but still need some goons and that was fine until the lockout. Now you just need scoring, and guys like Pronger, Hartnell, Carcillo, Richards, etc all can do more than enough defending of the team's honor and players.

bro

Old
11-07-2010, 04:34 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
This is 2010, there is no need for a guy like Shelley on this team, as much as it might suck, the days of needing an enforcer are over. Turn off you power button Shelley, hit the ice for warmups, then pick out your spot on the bench, and keep it warm
ok ok Ima go warm up but I might be scratched 2nite

Old
11-07-2010, 04:35 PM
ApeZilla

Quote:
you say this when were on a winning streak with shelley actually playing lol
What hand did Shelly play in our 6 game win streak? Was it the 0 points? The needless penalties he took? Please tell me.

Old
11-07-2010, 04:35 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Make Shelley captain

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Considering the number 3 you used as an e in your username, which is cute really it is, I don't think you were alive for the Broad St. Bullies, so you don't really realize how drastically different the sport was at that time. You heard some stories about how they used to rough it up, but they won because they could score, which shelly can not. Then the NHL teams realized we need more scoring, but still need some goons and that was fine until the lockout. Now you just need scoring, and guys like Pronger, Hartnell, Carcillo, Richards, etc all can do more than enough defending of the team's honor and players.

bro
I am 26 so no I wasnt around for those days but I actually happen to be an educated Flyers fan. I know about dan kordic and Dave brown. Bobby Clarke was a warrior in his day to.

Old
11-07-2010, 04:37 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
ok ok Ima go warm up but I might be scratched 2nite
OMG. I hope you are Jody Shelly with that comment

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 04:37 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
What hand did Shelly play in our 6 game win streak? Was it the 0 points? The needless penalties he took? Please tell me.
seriously i think im done trying to show you guys the lite. From the looks of ur avatar you prolly havent defended urself at any point in ur life

Old
11-07-2010, 04:38 PM
ApeZilla

Quote:
I am 26 so no I wasnt around for those days but I actually happen to be an educated Flyers fan. I know about dan kordic and Dave brown. Bobby Clarke was a warrior in his day to.
Well good for you, now please educate yourself on the new nhl. They changed some rules a few years ago.

bro

Old
11-07-2010, 04:43 PM
CptCannon

Shelley's and other no-skill heavies' time is over.

Guys like Asham and Carcillo are the "goons" of the present time. 4th liners just gotta be able to skate fast and handle the puck - take a regular shift, you know. That while still with iron fists ready to smash someone's face in IF they start taking liberties.

When was the last time you saw a real heavyweight go after someone non-heavyweight that ran a goalie or did something alike?

Huge majority of players could get paralyzed if they fought Boogaard, but many many many can drop the gloves and just hang on with NJD's Clarkson, NYR's Prust and the others while not getting really embarrassed.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 04:44 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
that's not even remotely clever
Honestly guys im just bored and giving you guys ****. I hope you guys dont honestly think I believe in all that crap.

Old
11-07-2010, 04:44 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCannon View Post
Shelley's and other no-skill heavies' time is over.

Guys like Asham and Carcillo are the "goons" of the present time. 4th liners just gotta be able to skate fast and handle the puck - take a regular shift, you know. That while still with iron fists ready to smash someone's face in IF they start taking liberties.

When was the last time you saw a real heavyweight go after someone non-heavyweight that ran a goalie or did something alike?

Huge majority of players could get paralyzed if they fought Boogaard, but many many many can drop the gloves and just hang on with NJD's Clarkson, NYR's Prust and the others while not getting really embarrassed.
Orr ran leighton last yr man

Old
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Can we get a ban on this idiot?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 04:45 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Quote:
Honestly guys im just bored and giving you guys ****. I hope you guys dont honestly think I believe in all that crap.
If your actually just messing with us, I think about 10-15 posts were a bit to long.