HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Deepest Team At A Position

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2005, 03:04 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
Not necessarily true. Wings payroll right now is about 56.6 mil.
Then consider the 24% rollback decreases that by oh, 13.584 million.
Say the cap is anywhere from 41 to 43 million The wings are left just BARELY over the cap and then we're only a little over the cap and we can be back under it by getting rid of a Dandeneault or Wooley.
Operating under a cap won't hurt the wings nearly as much as you think it would.
And Datsyuk is unsigned. And Zetterberg is unsigned. And the wings will likely have to find a goalie. And I doubt that the 24% rollback will still be on the table.

Old
05-17-2005, 04:03 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
And Datsyuk is unsigned. And Zetterberg is unsigned. And the wings will likely have to find a goalie. And I doubt that the 24% rollback will still be on the table.
I think the wings will do fine by Manny Legace.

Old
05-20-2005, 09:48 AM
PigPen

Legace and Macdonald will do just fine holding the fort until James Howard comes along, although I think that the wings will try to resign Cujo or another veteran starter to a low(er) salary and trade Legace to a team in need of a goaltender.
I hate to say it but he's one of our top tradeable assets on Detroit due to his salary.

And signing Datsyuk and Zetterberg won't be as hard as you think, Dulzhok. I can almost guarentee that Z gets around 2.5 in the first year of his new contract once the new CBA is pounded out, and Datsyuk maybe a little above 3, maybe a little lower depending on scoring bonuses.

Oh, and if the players try taking the 24% salary rollback off the table, expect the owners to walk away from negotiations again.

Old
05-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Again, minus Niedermeyer who is a free agent, and Stevens who is likely finished (finally!). Without those players, Devils D looks thin even with prospects.
I don't think Niedermeyer is a free agent when this strike is finally settled and so he should be back for at least one more year and I'd be shocked if Stevens did indeed retire, the man's a warrior and one who won't be satisfied going out the way he did. So they ALL should be back, sorry man!

BTW, while Parise is a prospect as you say, if there was a season there was no doubt that he would have been with the big club, not Albany, so I think that's why DownfromNJ listed him as a regular center.

Last edited by Ronnie Bass: 05-20-2005 at 10:30 AM.
Old
05-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
The Montreal Canadiens should be far from being in this thread, come on boys. Koivu/Ribeiro/Bonk is far from teams like Detroit. Detroit at C is just SICK SICK SICK, it's out of this world.

Closed Thread