HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

To Leafs: Ink Sidney

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz
Free agents have as much a chance to sign with Montreal as they do with any other team in the league, including Toronto. Why would free agents a better chance of signing in TO then any other place?
You were talking about the habitual nature of Toronto's involvement in free agent rumours. That's because they're always involved. I asked you "so what should they do, talk about Montreal?" because the habs don't sign free agents of any note.

Old
05-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
You were talking about the habitual nature of Toronto's involvement in free agent rumours. That's because they're always involved. I asked you "so what should they do, talk about Montreal?" because the habs don't sign free agents of any note.
Well, a rumor is just that... A rumor. Unless a player is signed, rumors mean absolutly nothing. The Leafs are "rumored" to sign just about every possible impact free agent in the league. You guys think that even kids like Crosby, Richards and Carter are going to sign with the Leafs. You're all living in a dream world of free agents signing and Stanley cups wins.

Old
05-19-2005, 02:15 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
You guys think that even kids like Crosby, Richards and Carter are going to sign with the Leafs. You're all living in a dream world of free agents signing and Stanley cups wins.
Just jealous because you have to be a crappy team to get those lottery picks.

Old
05-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Quote:
Well, a rumor is just that... A rumor. Unless a player is signed, rumors mean absolutly nothing. The Leafs are "rumored" to sign just about every possible impact free agent in the league. You guys think that even kids like Crosby, Richards and Carter are going to sign with the Leafs. You're all living in a dream world of free agents signing and Stanley cups wins.
No, sorry, we've made some of the better FA signings in recent years. And a number of them were stars. Not dream, not rumour, reality.

Old
05-19-2005, 02:39 PM
bingo_vodun

How many free agent teams win cups? That is my point. There all the same, the free agent teams and the ones who don't win cups, only there ritual is different, each is simply a believe in a divine goal, or in some cases goals.

lol so if I say I am catholic, I can say I am Buddhist as well, seeing that I believe in each. We have to get serious here and draft/trade for prospects to win a cup.

That is my point.

Old
05-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Fozz

Quote:
No, sorry, we've made some of the better FA signings in recent years. And a number of them were stars. Not dream, not rumour, reality.
Well, I don't agree since the Leafs haven't won. Also, those free agent signings and trade for soon to be UFA (ie Leetch) have left the Leafs with a very old, oft-injured, overpayed group of players and an average prospect pool. Sure, Belfour had a great year last year. In fact, he did much better than I expected but do you seriously think he can be as effective at the age of 41 after an entire year without playing? Same goes for Nieuwendyk, Roberts, Leetch, Mogilny (who might not come back), Nolan and yes, even Sundin. Consider the fact that there's a number of teams in the east that are on the way up and getting better fast... Could be a though few years for the Leafs.

Old
05-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Quote:
Well, I don't agree since the Leafs haven't won.
What kind of reasoning is that?

What does that have to do with the fact that the Leafs have signed some great free agents?

Old
05-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Fozz

Quote:
What kind of reasoning is that?

What does that have to do with the fact that the Leafs have signed some great free agents?
You said the Leafs made "some of the best free agent signings"... I don't agree. Simple. If the signings were so great, why is it that the Leafs haven't made it to the Stanley cup finals, let alone win? Must be because other teams made better free agents signings.

Closed Thread