HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#14 - 11.07.2010 | St. Louis Blues @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG PLUS (HD)

Old
11-08-2010, 12:31 AM
RothmanHockey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
http://insidehockey.com/?p=11526

Some stuff about a lack of shots the last five games, as well as Torts talking pre-game about his youth players.

www.Twitter.com/RothmanHockey

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:48 AM
Xtranova

Didn't see the game last night, but considering the comments here it wasn't all that neither. However St. Louis has been quite good lately so no need to panic really. With all the current injuries in mind I think we're almost overachieving at the moment. So fingers crossed when some of our most important assets are back in the line up

Home games should be better though :/

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:24 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Went to the game last night. Very disappointing. Rangers couldn't advantage of the Blues injuries on D. The Blues are a very good team. Young team. No big superstars except for maybe Jaroslav Halak. Young forwards except for McDonald.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Went to the game last night. Very disappointing. Rangers couldn't advantage of the Blues injuries on D. The Blues are a very good team. Young team. No big superstars except for maybe Jaroslav Halak. Young forwards except for McDonald.
yea this is why when the habs traded Halak i laughed, they traded the wrong goalie like the rangers usually get the wrong brother ie hossa, pronger etc

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Chimp

Nice illusionary high stick - or whatever he imagined - on the important goal by Frolov in the 1st, btw. McDreary at his best.

Feels like we are starting to run out of gas a little bit. We need our key players back from injuries soon.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Levitate

Thought the Rangers played pretty well against a Blues team that's playing good hockey. Need more puck possession time and do a better job getting it on net with bodies in front, though.

Got some bad luck and one small mistake was enough for the Blues to win it...just happens sometimes. Gaborik could have been a big difference maker...when you're playing a game where you're struggling to score against a good defense, sometimes that sniper who just needs a split second to score is the difference. So yeah, Rangers need to get him back soon...

Glad Stepan started seeing some more icetime at the end, looked pretty good with it. Pretty BS about the Frolov goal

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:58 AM
94now

This was an okay loss. STL didn't impress me as much as PHI did (made me panic!). Last night game could go either way in pretty even contest. Good thing was Biron played well, so he is out of Torts doghouse, I guess.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:24 AM
msv957

Biron played really well. The whole Ranger defense is very good and seems to have all bought into Tort's system. With the way they play team defense this team can compete on any night even when the offense might have a night off.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

I didn't feel they were really overmatched....it was more of the Blues constantly clogging up the lanes. It was such a boring game though...reminded me of the devils in the past, except i hate the devils so i cared more.

This was basically a rangers-devils (trap era) game without the rivalry. Aka snoozefest

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:47 AM
TreeSapLlama

I don't have the heart to read this GDT after watching the game but I will state the obvious
1. win a ****ing faceoff
2. shoot the ****ing puck

Without trying to derail this thread, I want a player with a cannon from the point who loves to shoot. Anton Babchuk is my ideal candidate.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:57 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianJagr View Post
I don't have the heart to read this GDT after watching the game but I will state the obvious
1. win a ****ing faceoff

Without trying to derail this thread, I want a player with a cannon from the point who loves to shoot. Anton Babchuk is my ideal candidate.
2a) shoot the ****ing puck farther from the net. It seems like the only goals the Rangers make they have to fight for with the goalie. They'll have 3 guys right in front of the net and the puck still won't go in. The only problem with shooting farther away is they always shoot ****ing wide.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:05 PM
beastly115

If Gaborik played we would have won that game.

Not really much else to say. Pretty boring game.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianJagr View Post
1. win a ****ing faceoff

Or, you know.... PAVEL VALENTENKO.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Scooter17

This was my first game of the year. Here are the 3 things that stood out the most to me when I saw the game in person:

1. Boogard sucks. He is worse than I thought he was. He screws up whatever line he plays on. I know he supposedly has a "role" but that "role" isn't a necessary one when you have guys like Prust, Avery, Boyle, Dubinsky, Callahan, and Girardi in the lineup.

2. Frolov sucks. He has no passion or intensity in his game. He has no creativity in his game. I don't see why everyone keeps saying he is a skilled player. He's good when he gets the puck down low in front of the net, but he hasn't done that at all this year. He better start producing when Gaborik gets back or he should get benched.

3. The Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan line seemed flat compared to previous games. This shows the importance of getting Gaborik back to help us try to steal some of these types of games. That line won't be able to play balls to the wall every night.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
sorry to shift gears, but does anyone have video of JD on the pregame show? I missed it and was hoping to catch what he said.
Belated, but here you go:

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote