HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

I think I have a problem with my feet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2010, 07:20 PM
  #1
j cal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
I think I have a problem with my feet

Hello everyone!

On both feet, toward the middle, I have a protrusion outward that makes my feet wide. What is this?? It feels like a bone.

I'm already using wide skates, have tried CCM's and Reeboks because they're supposedly wider in their "normal" sizes, but I still feel my feet "pinching" in all those skates.

Does anyone have this on their feet??

I need a rest more frequently than I feel I should just because of this.

please help!

j cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 07:36 PM
  #2
noobman
Registered User
 
noobman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j cal View Post
Hello everyone!

On both feet, toward the middle, I have a protrusion outward that makes my feet wide. What is this?? It feels like a bone.

I'm already using wide skates, have tried CCM's and Reeboks because they're supposedly wider in their "normal" sizes, but I still feel my feet "pinching" in all those skates.

Does anyone have this on their feet??

I need a rest more frequently than I feel I should just because of this.

please help!
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...4&postcount=15

Is it something like that? It could be a bone spur. You can get regular skates that fit your feet properly and have the boot "punched out" in that spot to make space for the bone spur.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 08:25 PM
  #3
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!
 
adaminnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 675
vCash: 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...4&postcount=15

Is it something like that? It could be a bone spur. You can get regular skates that fit your feet properly and have the boot "punched out" in that spot to make space for the bone spur.
I had issues with a skate XXXX left skate and the boot got warped from taking a puck about 3 weeks later I noticed a lump on the side of my foot that was / is still painful.

I got new skates, soaked my feet in epsom salts and the lump has gone down dramatically.

I never went to the Dr so I can't say what it is but I know it was from the deformed skate.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:24 PM
  #4
Crosbyfan
Registered User
 
Crosbyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j cal View Post
Hello everyone!

On both feet, toward the middle, I have a protrusion outward that makes my feet wide. What is this?? It feels like a bone.

I'm already using wide skates, have tried CCM's and Reeboks because they're supposedly wider in their "normal" sizes, but I still feel my feet "pinching" in all those skates.

Does anyone have this on their feet??

I need a rest more frequently than I feel I should just because of this.

please help!
Get the skates punched, that sounds like it's just the shape of your feet.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:51 AM
  #5
budster
Schoolyard Puck
 
budster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Utah
Country: United States
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j cal View Post
Hello everyone!

On both feet, toward the middle, I have a protrusion outward that makes my feet wide. What is this?? It feels like a bone.
Let me guess. With regular skates you get nickel-size blisters where the protrusions are? I'm guess you kinda have flat feet too. Have you tried the yellow Superfeet insoles?

budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:30 AM
  #6
j cal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Hey everyone,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14118787@N08/5150088955/

sorry for the crappy pick, but it's more of a muscle (or fat) around the bone?

In the pic, I'm standing flat on my feet. I can push in the lump and feel a bone on the inside. Just imagine this type of foot in a skate!

I've heard about punching out skates, just thought it was done mostly for widening a toe box not necessarily to widen up a skate this much in the middle of the boot.

Should I try and get it punched out? custom skates? (can't afford)

I don't get any blisters on my feet...

thanks for all your help everyone!

j cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:48 AM
  #7
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!
 
adaminnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 675
vCash: 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by j cal View Post
Hey everyone,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14118787@N08/5150088955/

sorry for the crappy pick, but it's more of a muscle (or fat) around the bone?

In the pic, I'm standing flat on my feet. I can push in the lump and feel a bone on the inside. Just imagine this type of foot in a skate!

I've heard about punching out skates, just thought it was done mostly for widening a toe box not necessarily to widen up a skate this much in the middle of the boot.

Should I try and get it punched out? custom skates? (can't afford)

I don't get any blisters on my feet...

thanks for all your help everyone!
yes get your skates punched out. your anomaly is nothing I have seen. I would see a Dr and see what he / she thinks. It almost looks like ganglion cyst http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganglion_cyst

I wish I could offer more help.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:15 PM
  #8
j cal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
I have the vapor x40's, do you think the boot can handle that much of a punch out? I know there are some factors to consider, but I'm not sure how the tool to punch skates out work.

Can the machine/tool make a 2'' long, 3/4'' high punch?

j cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:28 PM
  #9
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!
 
adaminnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 675
vCash: 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by j cal View Post
I have the vapor x40's, do you think the boot can handle that much of a punch out? I know there are some factors to consider, but I'm not sure how the tool to punch skates out work.

Can the machine/tool make a 2'' long, 3/4'' high punch?
I'll have to get a picture of my vapor XXXX that I had punched before I bought the new pair.

I have a huge bulge in the outside of the boot trying to take the pressure off and the boot is fine.

As long as your not playing Jr, or pro it should be fine.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 05:51 PM
  #10
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,568
vCash: 50
I suggest going to a store and trying skates on to feel for yourself

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:08 PM
  #11
j cal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
I'll have to get a picture of my vapor XXXX that I had punched before I bought the new pair.

I have a huge bulge in the outside of the boot trying to take the pressure off and the boot is fine.

As long as your not playing Jr, or pro it should be fine.

Not playing jr or pro, just another adult B/high C player getting back into the game.

If you say you have a huge bulge from the punch out, it seems to me like this can work!

j cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:44 AM
  #12
Pierre Gotye
Registered User
 
Pierre Gotye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,014
vCash: 500
What you have is a bunion, I have them too. Your skate will not fit properly and will seem to feel too loose around your ankles.

There is a fix for this:

Lace up your boot, take about a 1/2 inch piece of hockey tape, and feel where your bunion is. Put that piece of tape on the outside of your boot where the protrusion is.

Then, take your skate to your local hockey shop. Ask them to punch your boot out for you. It usually takes about 24 hours to do it.

Problem solved, your skate will feel more comfortable, your boot will fit better.

I had to do this with both of my skates. Good luck

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:43 PM
  #13
j cal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
What you have is a bunion, I have them too. Your skate will not fit properly and will seem to feel too loose around your ankles.

There is a fix for this:

Lace up your boot, take about a 1/2 inch piece of hockey tape, and feel where your bunion is. Put that piece of tape on the outside of your boot where the protrusion is.

Then, take your skate to your local hockey shop. Ask them to punch your boot out for you. It usually takes about 24 hours to do it.

Problem solved, your skate will feel more comfortable, your boot will fit better.

I had to do this with both of my skates. Good luck

Oh excellent news!

Sounds like they do have the tools to punch out this massive of a bump.

You say 1/2" length, should I have it as long as the bump goes (toe to heel)?

j cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 07:04 AM
  #14
jeremyp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Put the tape on the spot that you feel pressure on. However long it is. Depending on how big the spot is, they can either heat up the spot and punch it out with special tools or they may have to widen the boot a bit. My foot looks similar to yours...where it sticks out on the outside. Do you also have flat feet or low arches?

jeremyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.