Flames lose 2-1

Old
11-05-2010, 09:59 PM
MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Yea blame Iggy.....

Seriously he was the best forward on the ice tonight by a mile (for the flames).

He got absolutely no support from his linemates in specific Stajan who I thought was terrible tonight.
I'm not just blaming Iggy, he was definitely one of our best forwards tonight if not our best. I am just saying he is being paid to score big goals when the game is on the line and it didn't happen tonight. But I will give him an A for effort. It is just very frustrating to cheer for this team right now. But I do totally agree, the rest of team needs to be much better as whole. I actually feel bad for Iggy, tonight he tried his best, just the results were not there and this team needs him to produce and score.

If this team is going to be blown up, I think that D. Sutter should be fired first. There just seems to be something really negative in the organization. I think their just needs to be a big culture change within the Flames. Maybe letting go of Sutter would breathe some fresh air into the Flames and make the air lighter at the dome. I don't know what the answer is, but something is really wrong with this team.

MVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
If the Flames play like this every night they'll be fine. Iginla was really good, needs a break or two.

Although Wild didn't have much of a squad.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
Jackman has been almost as good as Nystrom in every way but production. Great pick-up. I don't blame Nystrom for chasing the money.
don't get me wrong Nystrom leaving was one of the best things for us...

and this season Jackman has outproduced Nystrom

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:03 AM
FLAMESTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post

Completly agree even though I miss Nystrom.

FLAMESTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:03 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post

I really don't see how Nystrom leaving was good for us. I mean Jackman @ 550k is better than Nystrom @ 1.4M but I don't see how he was a detriment.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:06 AM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
If the Flames play like this every night they'll be fine. Iginla was really good, needs a break or two.

Although Wild didn't have much of a squad.
I agree 100%. If it wasn't our 4th loss in a row I wouldn't fell bad about this loss at all. We've been a streaky team so far, and I'm sensing a win streak coming up before we return to the dome.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:13 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck91 View Post
I agree 100%. If it wasn't our 4th loss in a row I wouldn't fell bad about this loss at all. We've been a streaky team so far, and I'm sensing a win streak coming up before we return to the dome.
Remember when we lost 10 strait last year? Most of those games I walked away unable to complain about the way we played or our effort; but at the end of the day it is still a loss. The Flames seem to find a way to lose game they shouldn't.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
I really don't see how Nystrom leaving was good for us. I mean Jackman @ 550k is better than Nystrom @ 1.4M but I don't see how he was a detriment.
I never said he was a detriment... him being gone is better for us because our entire 4th line only makes what 200k more than Nystrom alone?... and let's be honest here our 4th line of Meyer/Conroy/Jackman has been phenomenal

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

Flames were the better team tonight, just couldn't pull out a win.

And not that it had a definite outcome on the game, but the quality of the officiating lately (and tonights game specifically) has definitely been sub-par. These "professionals" should be held accountable IMO.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Northern Neighbour

Anyone else frustrated watching Stajan play with Tanguay and Iginla? He's not doing much of anything on the ice. His hands are also terrible, as he constantly fumbling the puck away. Sutter should try putting Backlund between those two, as he has better hands and higher-end skill. He's also shown chemistry with Tanguay on the PK and showed last year, albeit briefly, chemistry with Iginla.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:46 PM
CoRD
GO BRUINS GO!!

I think Nystrom leaving just proves again that this team is pathetic at drafting/developing. Nystrom, Boyd, Prust, Phaneuf... see ya! Who else did we draft so we can trade or not sign? Friggin embarassing.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:26 PM
saillias

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
I think Nystrom leaving just proves again that this team is pathetic at drafting/developing. Nystrom, Boyd, Prust, Phaneuf... see ya! Who else did we draft so we can trade or not sign? Friggin embarassing.
I don't know what that has to do with this loss. If anything we can call these guys our "sloppy seconds." We don't need a 1.4 million 4th liner. Kobasew can't find a permanent home anywhere because he's not quite good enough to be a true 2nd liner and not strong enough to be an effective 3rd liner. Prusts are a dime a dozen.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 01:27 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

This is a frustrating team to cheer for.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:22 PM
goodsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
This is a frustrating team to cheer for.

Agreed, but it is very rewarding if you stick with them until they turn it around

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 07:00 PM
tfong

Thank god I have alternate teams to cheer and watch win games Might have a hernia watching Flames lose all the time.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 10:58 PM
GoFlames

Egad... losing to the Wild! Damn. In the past it was practically guaranteted win night... I hope this losing starts soon!

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:32 AM
lefty2time*

Before the season started there was a lot of people predicting the flames to finish pretty low in the standings. I remember there were a good number of flames fans saying things like "oh yea just u wait, the flames will easily make the playoffs".......

I am just curious....do you guys all still think you guys have a good team?

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:15 AM
MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
Before the season started there was a lot of people predicting the flames to finish pretty low in the standings. I remember there were a good number of flames fans saying things like "oh yea just u wait, the flames will easily make the playoffs".......

I am just curious....do you guys all still think you guys have a good team?
One word sums up the Flames, inconsistency. I am not going to sit here and tell the Flames are a legitimate Cup contending team, but they are a very well balanced team from top to bottom. This team I still think has potential to challenge for the division, and the very least they should be a playoff team. The problem with the Flames is that they cannot string together consistent play. It seems as though they cannot get all 4 lines rolling how they are capable all at once. If they get a lead, they cannot close a team out and they let the opposition back in the game. When the offence is playing good, the defence is playing bad or vice versa. And the Captain is not scoring to his standards, which is big problem for a team struggling to find offence. The Flames own worst enemy is themselves, but if they can get over their mental hump this is a very good hockey team and they do have some quality players on it no question.

MVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:38 AM
saillias

Yeah, this slump could easily be solved by Iginla going on a hot streak. We don't need him to score at a 50 goal pace to be a good team, but we do need him to be at least a 35 goal, 70ish point player to make the playoffs.

I know it's taboo amongst Flames fans to criticize him, but Kipper could stand to be better too. For what he's paid and the amount of games he expects to start every season, he can't have a sub .910 save percentage. Sometimes you need your goalie to make a save and he hasn't necessarily done that consistently

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:51 AM
The Gnome

This game was a shame. Iginla had his best game of the year, too bad others couldn't capitalize.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote