HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NSH @ ANA 7PM CST Level 100 Error

Old
11-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I would have to say Weber is their best player and biggest leader or he wouldn't be wearing the C but that is just one HABS fan opinion.
Of course you would he's our most recognizable player, most people would probably think we were insane if we were to say Suter is our best defenseman, or that Legwand is actually a great defensive forward.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
well thats an entire Sunday night of my life that Ill never get back.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:15 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
He doesn't have enough experience to have a room to himself on the road, so I doubt he'd have overslept. But as you point out, the clocks moved back an hour...so, if that was a factor, he'd have been an hour early so that totally throws that out of the equation.
You are correct he would have roomed with someone my guess he went out after breakfast/lunch depending on the time of the meeting and just didn't feel like going as I said his history has shown his penchant for doing things his own way and having to sit makes him angry and he then tends to get worse. I hope it doesn't get worse but I won't hold my breath.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:22 AM
goalscorer

vCash: 500
29 Dryden29, all of your posts are the same. SK was a problem, I hope he isn't for you guys, etc. We get it guy. Your opinion of SK is well noted. We don't need it crammed down our throats.

I agree with Slake on the subject. He broke a rule, he was punished, move on. He's not the first or the last player to ever be punished for breaking a rule. I am still looking forward to seeing what he can bring to our offensively and defensively challenged team.

I really like the way Cal has been playing this year. I don't see him giving up on many plays, as was evident in Sully's goal tonight. That line has clicked and while I am anxiously awaiting Lombardis' return, I hope Trotz doesn't bump Cal for any reason other than a change in Cal's play.

I am not on the fire Trotz bandwagon, but I have a hard time accepting how he is managing our team so far this year. Dumont should not be on the ice with guys like Belak. I don't know what Trotz's problem is with JP, but I would hope it's not a grudge from last year. If that is the case than I lose all respect for him as our coach. If it's not the case than I question his coaching ability because JP brings way more to the table than Smithson, Tootoo and Belak combined. If I were Dumont and this continued I'd be looking for my way out.

I know some things never change, but Trotz told us all that he was going to take responability for our PP and I have seen no change what so ever. We have professional hockey players for goodness sake. I'm sure they have all been on teams that had successful powerplays and I know Trotz has watched teams with good power plays. So why the hell is ours so jacked up? It's unexplainable and more importantly unacceptable.

I'm ready for a Klasen call up, an SK promotion, the return of Suter and Lombardi and a very overdue W in the win column.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:30 AM
dulzhok

Well, d sucks, and g's sucks. Forwards actually produced well tonight, but remain 27th in the NHL in goals per game.

Glad the 1st line got back on the board. When should we start counting the Legwand goaless streak?

Who knows what it'd be like if Weber was out over Suter. No use guessing.

Ironically, Paul Mara is someone I thought the Preds should've considered this offseason. Would probably be an upgrade to most of our defenseman not named Weber or Suter.

SK- people with records don't get the benefit of the doubt. Strike One (that we know of).

We best hope Rinne gets back on track. Goalies are the most volatile position. Thankfully, we probably have the best goalie coach in the league.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:20 AM
predfan98

well, glad I feel asleep and didn't see that.

Let's see. We really miss Suter, Habs fan knows what SK is thinking and doing,
we really don't have another D man that fits with Weber----and we REALLY miss Suter,and the goys just sat around, didn't skate and lost the game in the final seconds.

Captain Weber==time to call everyone out and make them accountable. yourself included.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:36 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Well, d sucks, and g's sucks. Forwards actually produced well tonight, but remain 27th in the NHL in goals per game.

Glad the 1st line got back on the board. When should we start counting the Legwand goaless streak?

Who knows what it'd be like if Weber was out over Suter. No use guessing.

Ironically, Paul Mara is someone I thought the Preds should've considered this offseason. Would probably be an upgrade to most of our defenseman not named Weber or Suter.

SK- people with records don't get the benefit of the doubt. Strike One (that we know of).

We best hope Rinne gets back on track. Goalies are the most volatile position. Thankfully, we probably have the best goalie coach in the league.

Mara was a guy I wished we had kept around he was one of those great team guys did what was needed when it was needed and honestly woulda been better tha Jaro Spacek on any given night some days I wonder what our gm and sciuting etc are thinking they make us very very angry.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I was a big SOB fan when things were going better, but man, he's making a strong case to sit when Suter gets back. He's had a pretty brutal three games.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Went to bed in a bad mood. Woke up in a worse one. We need a win

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Elvs

Ducks fan here. Gotta say, while I'm glad about the win I gotta feel bad for you guys. The same thing happened for the Ducks against Detroit earlier this season, it's an empty feeling.

I was wondering, do you think it's possible that the Predators could deal Marcel Goc? If so, what do you think his current value is and how would the fans feel about giving him up?

The Ducks could use a 3rd line center who can chip in 25-30 points and win faceoffs. Marchant has his best days behind him and Chipchura doesn't provide any offense either. Ducks fans would probably want a better center, but I'm looking at a more realistic option here and it saves the Ducks money to go for another defenseman.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:00 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Ducks fan here. Gotta say, while I'm glad about the win I gotta feel bad for you guys. The same thing happened for the Ducks against Detroit earlier this season, it's an empty feeling.

I was wondering, do you think it's possible that the Predators could deal Marcel Goc? If so, what do you think his current value is and how would the fans feel about giving him up?

The Ducks could use a 3rd line center who can chip in 25-30 points and win faceoffs. Marchant has his best days behind him and Chipchura doesn't provide any offense either. Ducks fans would probably want a better center, but I'm looking at a more realistic option here and it saves the Ducks money to go for another defenseman.
I'd say Goc is, believe it or not, pretty untouchable. He's been one of our best players, and he's on a bargain contract. The lineup with him vs without him is noticeably different.

Old
11-08-2010, 09:18 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'd say Goc is, believe it or not, pretty untouchable. He's been one of our best players, and he's on a bargain contract. The lineup with him vs without him is noticeably different.
That's our #4 centerman we're talking about; he's really untouchable?

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment, but if that's true - we are either truly an incredibly balanced team, or something is really wrong with us.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Dodgie

Quote:
He doesn't have enough experience to have a room to himself on the road, so I doubt he'd have overslept. But as you point out, the clocks moved back an hour...so, if that was a factor, he'd have been an hour early so that totally throws that out of the equation.
Well, add to that, going back 2 hours for PDT as well. He could have showed up the day before.

Ya know, I wondered about the room-mate thing. IIRC wasn't he "buddied up" with Erat?( who we know didn't make the trip).

Anyway, coming from someone who is ALWAYS late for everything I can understand how you can not make it somewhere no matter WHAT time is on the clock. Not making excuses but I know how it is.(I have 2 alarm clocks and can still manage to be late to work everyday! )

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:32 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
That's our #4 centerman we're talking about; he's really untouchable?

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment, but if that's true - we are either truly an incredibly balanced team, or something is really wrong with us.
Nick Spaling is our number 4 center. Goc's line has been, more or less, our second line. Line numbers mean very little in a Trotz system anyway.

Old
11-08-2010, 09:34 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
29 Dryden29, all of your posts are the same. SK was a problem, I hope he isn't for you guys, etc. We get it guy. Your opinion of SK is well noted. We don't need it crammed down our throats.

I agree with Slake on the subject. He broke a rule, he was punished, move on. He's not the first or the last player to ever be punished for breaking a rule. I am still looking forward to seeing what he can bring to our offensively and defensively challenged team.

I really like the way Cal has been playing this year. I don't see him giving up on many plays, as was evident in Sully's goal tonight. That line has clicked and while I am anxiously awaiting Lombardis' return, I hope Trotz doesn't bump Cal for any reason other than a change in Cal's play.

I am not on the fire Trotz bandwagon, but I have a hard time accepting how he is managing our team so far this year. Dumont should not be on the ice with guys like Belak. I don't know what Trotz's problem is with JP, but I would hope it's not a grudge from last year. If that is the case than I lose all respect for him as our coach. If it's not the case than I question his coaching ability because JP brings way more to the table than Smithson, Tootoo and Belak combined. If I were Dumont and this continued I'd be looking for my way out.

I know some things never change, but Trotz told us all that he was going to take responability for our PP and I have seen no change what so ever. We have professional hockey players for goodness sake. I'm sure they have all been on teams that had successful powerplays and I know Trotz has watched teams with good power plays. So why the hell is ours so jacked up? It's unexplainable and more importantly unacceptable.

I'm ready for a Klasen call up, an SK promotion, the return of Suter and Lombardi and a very overdue W in the win column.
My vote for POST OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:35 AM
jstreet

we've scored twice on the PP in the last 38 chances. Trotz did say he would be more responsible for this, so what's gonna hapen here?

Of course Weber was on ice for at least 3 goals against last night, especially that flop job on the game winning goal.

Things are just bad bad bad right now.

The worst part - St Louis and Cbus are hot right now.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:44 AM
predfan24

The only thing I can say for Trotz is this seems to happen every year. It looks like, on the ice, that he has lost the team and everything is going to hell in a hand basket. But every single time he finds a way to right the ship. Because of his prior record there is no way I'm jumping off his bandwagon. He'll find a way to correct things.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Tapp

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere, and Pete and Terry didn’t mention it, so maybe I’m nuts, but on the Ducks first goal scored 52 seconds into the game, I think the Preds messed up a line change and sent only 4 men out. I’ve watched that goal several times from all angles that were shown and on that whole shift I only saw 4 Preds on the ice – Goc, Wilson, Frankie and Shea. The stats (game summary) says Hörnqvist was out with them, but I didn’t see him. 9, 33, 51 and 6 stayed on the ice for the ensuing face off and were joined by Ward. Not saying Ward was supposed to be out there when the goal was scored – he was out with Leggy and Smithson on the initial face off, but immediately left for Tootoo. But to me, it looked like the Preds messed up and gave the Ducks a free PP – that yielded the first goal. If anyone still has this one, can you find a fifth Predator other than Lindbäck on that shift?

Off topic - I don’t know if they are still running it, but if you happen to see a show called “Oil Change” showing on the NHL network – I recommend it. It is a behind the scenes look at the Oilers with peeks at their draft, their attempts to make deals when free agency opened and their rookie and training camps.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere, and Pete and Terry didn’t mention it, so maybe I’m nuts, but on the Ducks first goal scored 52 seconds into the game, I think the Preds messed up a line change and sent only 4 men out. I’ve watched that goal several times from all angles that were shown and on that whole shift I only saw 4 Preds on the ice – Goc, Wilson, Frankie and Shea. The stats (game summary) says Hörnqvist was out with them, but I didn’t see him. 9, 33, 51 and 6 stayed on the ice for the ensuing face off and were joined by Ward. Not saying Ward was supposed to be out there when the goal was scored – he was out with Leggy and Smithson on the initial face off, but immediately left for Tootoo. But to me, it looked like the Preds messed up and gave the Ducks a free PP – that yielded the first goal. If anyone still has this one, can you find a fifth Predator other than Lindbäck on that shift?.
I remember that crossed my mind when the goal was scored, but as you said, it wasn't mentioned and I forgot about it. The Ducks points were too wide open and when the puck went out to the right point, Wilson comes across to defend it, then it's whipped over to the left point where it's wide open and no one is within 20'.

With the quick line changes off the draw, I wouldn't doubt that that got screwed up...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:32 AM
frivolousz21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
we've scored twice on the PP in the last 38 chances. Trotz did say he would be more responsible for this, so what's gonna hapen here?

Of course Weber was on ice for at least 3 goals against last night, especially that flop job on the game winning goal.

Things are just bad bad bad right now.

The worst part - St Louis and Cbus are hot right now.
Don't worry about CBUS

frivolousz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:13 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

So last night, I start looking for the Preds game at roughly 9pm or slightly later. I didn't realize yesterday's game started at 7pm our time.

Reading the stuff out there is pretty amazing today. I need to study the stats for my own look at the past five games, but just wow.

Wow.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:27 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
I wouldn't expect anything until Poile gets some real 1st line talent and/or a legit PP QB.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
The only thing I can say for Trotz is this seems to happen every year. It looks like, on the ice, that he has lost the team and everything is going to hell in a hand basket. But every single time he finds a way to right the ship. Because of his prior record there is no way I'm jumping off his bandwagon. He'll find a way to correct things.
My thoughts exactly.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:21 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
I remember that crossed my mind when the goal was scored, but as you said, it wasn't mentioned and I forgot about it. The Ducks points were too wide open and when the puck went out to the right point, Wilson comes across to defend it, then it's whipped over to the left point where it's wide open and no one is within 20'.

With the quick line changes off the draw, I wouldn't doubt that that got screwed up...

Did you forget already???

SK missed the meeting.
He was supposed to be on that line

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote