HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Grachev "showcased" (but actually sent back to HFD)

Old
11-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Declan
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Grachev Sent Back To Hartford Today

According to the AHL transaction page Evgeny Grachev has been returned to the the Hartford Wolf Pack.

LINK

Last edited by Declan: 11-08-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Figured as much. Its unfortunate as I thought he wouldnt be a horrible fit on the 4th line with Boyle and Prust when our lineup returns to full strength.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
According to the AHL transaction page Evgeny Grachev has been returned to the the Hartford Wolf Pack.

LINK
Great. Hopefully his brief period up here will motivate him and help his development...

...Stepan should follow soon when Drury/Gaborik return.

In b4, the Grachev and Youth-zealots destroy Torts.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:49 AM
94now

Well, I guess MZA will be called up next.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Good stint and hopefully beneficial. He can take some confidence back with him and keep on working.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
gravy121

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He will be quoted by every outlet. Knowing Brooks as being anything but stupid the hockey pundits would assume he got Slats unofficial permission to gossip like that.
That to me is anything but official, just speculation on top of speculation, plus some rumor mongering.
He was given the chance to show if he was ready for NYR, he was not yet, so sent down to HFD -- that is all.

gravy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:00 PM
John Torturella

I thought looked alright. Didn't really get to see much skill from him, mainly because of his limited ice time. But you can definitely see the potential with him. He skates really well for a big guy. He might just take another year or two to figure things out and develop into an NHL power forward.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:00 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy121 View Post
That to me is anything but official, just speculation on top of speculation, plus some rumor mongering.
He was given the chance to show if he was ready for NYR, he was not yet, so sent down to HFD -- that is all.
Oh, no one really knows why certain moves are made by front office. If Brooks says he was showcased, it could be so. You do not have to play someone 20 minutes to show. Good scout will tell in a few shifts all good and bad. If any misgivings he will follow in Hartford, it's not far, you know...

Old
11-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

So uncle Larry, I guess he was being showcased for Hartford?

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

I agree with the above posters, I think it was a decent stint for him. He got to see some ice time at the NHL level, performed decently enough, and now he is going back to get some more pro experience. It seems time for our players on IR to start coming back!

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Salvage21

Perhaps this means Gaborik is good to go on Tuesday against the Caps- I hope so. Well, I hope he's fully healed and coming back.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Showcasing him? Unlikely. Trying to dangle the proverbial carrot in front of him? I think so. The org is probably trying some preemptive measures to keep him from getting too frustrated. Clearly he has the body and skill set of an NHLer, but he hasn't developed the hockey IQ to effectively use them at the professional level.

Count me as one of the folks who isn't particularly worried at this point.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:18 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Clearly he has the body and skill set of an NHLer, but he hasn't developed the hockey IQ to effectively use them at the professional level.

Count me as one of the folks who isn't particularly worried at this point.
The opinion above is quite possibly shared by other organizations. They may take a chance on the product that is far from final while Rangers have a pressing need.

Old
11-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

stevezipay Steve Zipay
Evgeny Grachev returned to Hartford

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Nyrfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I return to 08-09, when rumors surfaced around the deadline that NYR wanted St. Louis and TBL wanted Grachev.

Oh, what could have been. I think I was the only one in favor of that trade. I was told that Grachev would be better than St. Louis within a couple years.
My god, i do not remember that and if anyone was not behind that trade (if true) they are insane.

Nyrfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:22 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Good stint and hopefully beneficial. He can take some confidence back with him and keep on working.
QFT.

Wasn't amazing or anything, but I didn't expect him to be (especially on a line with Boogey lately). Hopefully he can get his head on straight and start doing better with the 'Pack.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:24 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I return to 08-09, when rumors surfaced around the deadline that NYR wanted St. Louis and TBL wanted Grachev.

Oh, what could have been. I think I was the only one in favor of that trade. I was told that Grachev would be better than St. Louis within a couple years.
LOL... I guess it was the HF mentality that a shiny prospect is better to have than a consistent top 10 point producer in the NHL...

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Vitto79

not a surprise. Room for Gaborik

When Drury or Prospal returns Stepan goes down and White.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:30 PM
squishy

I don't think Brooks is totally off his rocker on this one. Grachev was brought up for a reason, and it wasn't because he was either A. ready or B. deserving. Regardless of how badly the Wolf Pack's been playing so far this season, there are guys there who were better suited for the limited, fourth-line minutes Grachev got, who have worked harder and proven more in the AHL so far than he has.

I wondered myself if he'd threatened to go back to Russia and finish the season off there (like Tikhonov and his pal Filatov did last season). I have absolutely nothing to back that up, it's purely my own speculation, but calling him up when they did, with him playing the way he was, went contrary to everything the organization has been doing with its kids from Hartford since the lockout.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrfan25 View Post
My god, i do not remember that and if anyone was not behind that trade (if true) they are insane.
It may well have been the NYRBB, which I posted on for a long time until it went to crap a couple years ago. But I may go thread searching at some point.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=614866

Here it is. Looks like I was right about Del Zotto and Anisimov, wrong about Kveton. Always interesting to look at time capsules.

Last edited by Fitzy: 11-08-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:07 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
not a surprise. Room for Gaborik

When Drury or Prospal returns Stepan goes down and White.
Agreed on the room for Gaborik spot.

I'm still much more willing to keep Stepan on the team than Christensen, but I seem to be in the major minority in that thinking.

You know, for all the heat Frolov is taking, he has more points then Christensen

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:10 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I don't think Brooks is totally off his rocker on this one. Grachev was brought up for a reason, and it wasn't because he was either A. ready or B. deserving. Regardless of how badly the Wolf Pack's been playing so far this season, there are guys there who were better suited for the limited, fourth-line minutes Grachev got, who have worked harder and proven more in the AHL so far than he has.

I wondered myself if he'd threatened to go back to Russia and finish the season off there (like Tikhonov and his pal Filatov did last season). I have absolutely nothing to back that up, it's purely my own speculation, but calling him up when they did, with him playing the way he was, went contrary to everything the organization has been doing with its kids from Hartford since the lockout.
Was thinking that as well.

Was and still am hoping it's not the case.

He doesn't seem to have that kind of mentailty, and it's not like he's producing in Hartford where he feels not being called up is a slight.

Calgary is in town in 2 weeks, maybe they were pre-scouting Grachev in a deal for Iginla?

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:14 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Don't discount Brooks being right. Plenty of times team's use the media to get a message out. I did it when I was running minor league teams and actually made a deal once because I slipped something to a reporter and another team picked up on it. Brooks has pretty good sources within in the organization. Not completely sold on the showcase angle but not completely discounting it either.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I would assume it's not a matter of promotion as a gift or prize. The organization NEEDS to develop Grachev, and if it comes at the expense of a cup of coffee for a career AHL'er, so be it.

Whether it's the perverbial carrot on a stick or just a chance for NYR coaching and management to index his development against NHL talent, I think there were enough red flags going up that someone wanted intervene and see what was really going on for themselves.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:26 PM
free0717

they are not trading Grachev. Its obvious he needs seasoning, maybe @ the ECHL level where he could dominate. He got his cup of coffee, hopefully now he knows what to work on.

He is big and fast and has a great shot. I hope he develops. Sometimes a prospect is only a prospect. I hope Grachev becomes a player. Lets just staty patient. Although a different position, Mike Sauer spent 3 years in Hartford. I just want Gernander to give him 20 minutes a game, no matter what.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote