HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Prospect ranking - Panthers #4

Old
11-03-2010, 10:44 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

vCash: 500
HF Prospect ranking - Panthers #4

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...s_fall2010110/

Nashville, that beat us, is #1.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 11:29 AM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Number one in the East! I'll take that.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Gudbranson44

yeah I saw this earlier... Its exciting that we're getting this recognition after years and years of being near the bottom.

but just like the article says, we need to add top level offense. we need a kane and a toews!

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:06 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Of the ten teams listed, only three (Edmonton, Columbus and us) are in rebuilding mode.

LA, Washington and the Blues are all on the upswing and have left the rebuilding curve of development.

Nashville and Detroit are excellent drafting teams. Though Detroit shouldn't be at 10.

Boston shouldn't be at 7 IMO.

Due to the different stages of each team on the list, i'd say its likely we are at least Top 5 next year. A strong 2011 draft could realistically see us take #1.

J17 Vs Proclamation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:10 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
yeah I saw this earlier... Its exciting that we're getting this recognition after years and years of being near the bottom.

but just like the article says, we need to add top level offense. we need a kane and a toews!
I would be thrilled with a Couturier on the draft, and Backes in free agency. Backes isnt on the Kane level, but he would do well with Couturier as his center.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:17 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I would be thrilled with a Couturier on the draft, and Backes in free agency. Backes isnt on the Kane level, but he would do well with Couturier as his center.
Backes is a great player to have, but he isn't an Offensive upgrade on anything we have.

Old
11-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Backes is a great player to have, but he isn't an Offensive upgrade on anything we have.

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php

have a look at that list of who's currently on expiring contracts, there isnt much top end talent in that class.
richards is too expensive, semin wont happen, gagne no thanks, then kovalev, connolly, arnott, ryder etc...
next year isnt the year either..

Old
11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:

have a look at that list of who's currently on expiring contracts, there isnt much top end talent in that class.
richards is too expensive, semin wont happen, gagne no thanks, then kovalev, connolly, arnott, ryder etc...
There's a rumor on the main board about Parise not being happy in NJ. Obviously it's a very slim chance he isn't with New Jersey next season, but I would be willing to give up a ton to get a player like him on our team.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
True, but he would be an upgrade to Stillman, Higgins, etc., and would be a good top six winger. Plus, I think he fits the style of player that Tallon wants on the team. Id like to see us go after Connolly in the offseason, but I think Backes is the better fit for the club. I think with him, and Couturier, it would be a big offensive boost for the club.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
There's a rumor on the main board about Parise not being happy in NJ. Obviously it's a very slim chance he isn't with New Jersey next season, but I would be willing to give up a ton to get a player like him on our team.
It would be sweet, for sure! But Lou wouldn't deal him for just anybody...who would Lou want? Booth? I wouldn't want that.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 04:15 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
True, but he would be an upgrade to Stillman, Higgins, etc., and would be a good top six winger. Plus, I think he fits the style of player that Tallon wants on the team. Id like to see us go after Connolly in the offseason, but I think Backes is the better fit for the club. I think with him, and Couturier, it would be a big offensive boost for the club.
I just saw his youtube stuff! YES! TANK! TANK! TANK! I'm a fan of anyone who plays the Panthers except Philly.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 04:22 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
It would be sweet, for sure! But Lou wouldn't deal him for just anybody...who would Lou want? Booth? I wouldn't want that.
They'd want Markstrom. Brodeur is getting older, and I don't believe their goalie prospects are very good.

Would Tallon be willing to give him up though? He listed him as untouchable before, but to get Parise would be an incredible acquisition for this organization.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:15 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
They'd want Markstrom. Brodeur is getting older, and I don't believe their goalie prospects are very good.

Would Tallon be willing to give him up though? He listed him as untouchable before, but to get Parise would be an incredible acquisition for this organization.
Maybe they'll take Salak.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
I just saw his youtube stuff! YES! TANK! TANK! TANK! I'm a fan of anyone who plays the Panthers except Philly.
Youtube of who ?

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Backes wouldn't be a big offensive boost. He'd bring alot of attributes i'd love to have, but you bring a guy like Backes to complement the big producers, not to be the producer. He is a 50 pt forward, nothing more.

Higgins has virtually no offensive game. You aren't a playoff team if Chris Higgins is anywhere near your top 6.

But either way, Florida will not acquire a Top 6 forward via free agency. And in all honesty, i don't want us to. Very few FA forwars end up having much impact, and those who do tend to cost ALOT. 2nd Tier guys like Frolov, Kovalev etc tend disappoint. Building through the system is the best way to get a productive 1st line. Ignore FA ; it's about the draft and personal development.

NJ won't trade Parise, but if they did, we wouldn't be in the running. Capital limitations exist, Parise wouldn't really want to come here, and thats before you even meet the asking price.

Old
11-03-2010, 06:31 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
and the damn canadians and their stupid fans

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 06:37 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:

not that i necessarily want richards, but hes definitely affordable with 14 million disappearing between vokoun, mccabe, and stillman. if you figure that they will be replaced by guds, markstrom, and somebody like repik or dady then we could easily have 10 million to sign him.

of course im not sure that DT wants to do it that way, but its definitely possible especially if we tank this year and have another good draft to bring in talent, I could see DT signing a legit number one center.

Old
11-03-2010, 10:19 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:

draft and develop.... free agency is for adding that final piece or adding stop gaps

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 10:21 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Backes wouldn't be a big offensive boost. He'd bring alot of attributes i'd love to have, but you bring a guy like Backes to complement the big producers, not to be the producer. He is a 50 pt forward, nothing more.

Higgins has virtually no offensive game. You aren't a playoff team if Chris Higgins is anywhere near your top 6.

But either way, Florida will not acquire a Top 6 forward via free agency. And in all honesty, i don't want us to. Very few FA forwars end up having much impact, and those who do tend to cost ALOT. 2nd Tier guys like Frolov, Kovalev etc tend disappoint. Building through the system is the best way to get a productive 1st line. Ignore FA ; it's about the draft and personal development.

NJ won't trade Parise, but if they did, we wouldn't be in the running. Capital limitations exist, Parise wouldn't really want to come here, and thats before you even meet the asking price.
yea this, I didn't read this far down in the thread before I replied but this is what I want.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
not that i necessarily want richards, but hes definitely affordable with 14 million disappearing between vokoun, mccabe, and stillman. if you figure that they will be replaced by guds, markstrom, and somebody like repik or dady then we could easily have 10 million to sign him.

of course im not sure that DT wants to do it that way, but its definitely possible especially if we tank this year and have another good draft to bring in talent, I could see DT signing a legit number one center.
I think tallon has learned from his mistakes in chicago with big contracts so richards wont happen, and im fine with that.
I dont think a lot of expensive contracts will be handed out before the next agreement, cuz we have no idea how the rules are going to be after that.

I feel the same many others here do, let tallon/santos draft players and develop them into stars here! FA is overrated, trades have become boring due to the cap...

Old
11-04-2010, 10:03 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
I think tallon has learned from his mistakes in chicago with big contracts so richards wont happen, and im fine with that.
I dont think a lot of expensive contracts will be handed out before the next agreement, cuz we have no idea how the rules are going to be after that.

I feel the same many others here do, let tallon/santos draft players and develop them into stars here! FA is overrated, trades have become boring due to the cap...
i totally agree, i dont think it is DT's style to go sign a big dollar player in free agency. i would just point out that it is totall feasible. i just looked at our salary structure

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=16

assuming that rheino, stillman, vokoun, and mccabe are gone at the trade deadline, we will have a ton of cap space. weiss, olesz, and booth are the only forwards locked up long term, which is just a little over 10 million. the defense will return 5 guys for a little under under 10 million. that leaves 40 million to sign whoever DT wants.

I dont think it is likely, but signing a 7 mil a year 1st line center like richards is totally possible assuming richards wanted to come here and DT wanted to build a team around him.

Old
11-08-2010, 11:49 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

you know when I look at the 3 teams ahead of us, their really isnt much of a difference that I can see. of all the three teams i think edmonton is the only team that i necessarily envy their prospect pool, but that's mainly because of hall, eberle, and paajarvi. if you consider that those three really have already made the team and dont count them as prospects anymore than id have to say i like our prospect pool as much as anyones. the only thing i think were missing is the dynamic offensive talent. with a little luck we will solve that in the next draft.

Old
11-08-2010, 04:20 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
you know when I look at the 3 teams ahead of us, their really isnt much of a difference that I can see. of all the three teams i think edmonton is the only team that i necessarily envy their prospect pool, but that's mainly because of hall, eberle, and paajarvi. if you consider that those three really have already made the team and dont count them as prospects anymore than id have to say i like our prospect pool as much as anyones. the only thing i think were missing is the dynamic offensive talent. with a little luck we will solve that in the next draft.
There isn't that much difference. The reason we are #4 is simple because our Offensive talent is a little weaker. Alot of depth, but outside of Bjugstad i see no potential elite talent there. Bjugstad has a long way to go in that sense too. You look at guys like Howden and McFarland ; i don't see big time upside. I see solid NHL'ers for sure, but they aren't potential gamebreakers.

Old
11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
edmonton doesnt have top or depth talent on D, and thats gonna hurt them. I think larsson is heading their way to be completely honest.
i love the mix of our defensive prospects, we have some top talent in guds, ellerby, robak and possibly petro in a few years. then further down we have caruso, comrie, boyd, gallagher... i feel good about it.
then we have great depth at forward too, in a few years there will be a lot of competition for spots on our 2nd and 3rd lines. this draft has to be all about addressing top end offensive talent, otherwise we'll never get out of this slump.
I feel couturier is more of a DT type of player and i would love to have him. RNH has only scored 3 goals in his first 18 games so far this year.. thats not a great sign

Old
11-08-2010, 05:01 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
edmonton doesnt have top or depth talent on D, and thats gonna hurt them. I think larsson is heading their way to be completely honest.
i love the mix of our defensive prospects, we have some top talent in guds, ellerby, robak and possibly petro in a few years. then further down we have caruso, comrie, boyd, gallagher... i feel good about it.
then we have great depth at forward too, in a few years there will be a lot of competition for spots on our 2nd and 3rd lines. this draft has to be all about addressing top end offensive talent, otherwise we'll never get out of this slump.
I feel couturier is more of a DT type of player and i would love to have him. RNH has only scored 3 goals in his first 18 games so far this year.. thats not a great sign
Check that, 5G in 19. Along with 24 A.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote