HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

MTL puts Dustin Boyd on waivers.(Cleared)

Old
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
He was weak and really soft

I hope we call White

LOL at me for predicting that Boyd would outscore POuliot

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Frank Doby

TOI: 9,58

+/-: -6 in 9 games

Not really in the plan.

Frank Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Boyd was not a UFA when we acquired him he had 1 more year on his contract, he's a RFA next july. Ellis was UFA.
Nashville didn't offer him a Q.O, so he was ufa.

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:52 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post

P.S. Oh, I see. Some posters think that we lost the Kostitsyn trade. Are they suppose to win every trade?
id like to win one trade from time to time...

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:53 AM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
Nashville didn't offer him a Q.O, so he was ufa.
Interesting... didn't know that. Tks!

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:55 AM
sheed36

I was kinda expecting something to happen with O'Byrne very soon but putting Boyd on waivers is somewhat surprising..

I guess we can now expect O'Byrne to be playing forward with Gomez and Gionta before the week is out..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
id like to win one trade from time to time...
When you send a controversial player like Kostitsyn elsewhere, you just hope to get something back.
Not trying to defend Gauthier for his every moves, but judging his work by the Kostitsyn trade with Boyd being waived is pathetic.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Boyd was not a UFA when we acquired him he had 1 more year on his contract, he's a RFA next july. Ellis was UFA.
No, he was also a UFA...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Let's wait and see. Still fighting an injury he had previously. While we all think he won't amount to anything, we all know what trades can do to players. Sergei has talent. Needs to start to be a professional and then use it. But I remember we had a whole lot of expectations for him and thought he might have in him to become better than his bro. So let's wait and see there. Truly, he didn't have a lot of value then. I just wished we would have gotten rid of him before he had less than zero value....
True, way too soon to judge him, but the impression I got was that this guy was so disliked by the club and the other players that just getting rid of him was a necessity. They didn't want the guy in Hamilton being like that around other prospects, and the players in Montreal wanted nothing to do with him.

I admit, I'm reading somewhat between the lines, but the comments from TSN about the other players not wanting him in the line-up are pretty telling.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Better defensive game. He's very weak defensively.

He came back just in time to be on the ice for two Ottawa goals.
That and in my opinion he was responsible for the second goal. No digging whatsoever to try and clear that puck after the first save. Just weak. I noticed it right away on Saturday and thought yikes, JM is not going to like that.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:58 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
When you send a controversial player like Kostitsyn elsewhere, you just hope to get something back.
Not trying to defend Gauthier for his every moves, but judging his work by the Kostitsyn trade with Boyd being waived is pathetic.
honestly i thought it was a good trade when it happened

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Boyd wasn't THAT bad.

Sure he wasn't impressive either but i don't think he was waiver worthy. Not that i really care since players like him are dime a dozen in the NHL but i'm a bit surprised.

As far as recalling someone , if you recall White or Patches then i hope that it's to play on a regular basis and not to sit in the stands as a reserve forward. They should just leave them in Hamilton if that's what they plan to do.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:02 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Lapierre has been terrible for most the year yet he gets promoted to the second line, the even funnier part is how Kostitsyn was playing great on the right side yet he'll have to play on the left to accommodate having Lapierre on that line.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:03 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
That and in my opinion he was responsible for the second goal. No digging whatsoever to try and clear that puck after the first save. Just weak. I noticed it right away on Saturday and thought yikes, JM is not going to like that.
He had two very bad games that stood out to me. Last game and the one in Columbus. To be honest, I was surprised to see him back in the lineup after CBJ game. I guess he was on thin ice after it and another bad outing on Sat night did him in.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
danyhabsfan

I would call up an offensive player like Palushaj, Desharnais...

White isnt offensive enough for me but he'd be good on the bottom 6.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
have it on RDS

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/309509.html

Also Lapierre on the 2nd
Personally, I had no problem putting A.Ko with Gomez/Gionta. I felt it was a move worth trying as they're all capable of producing. I did wish for Martin to come up with another option before doing that though. Breaking up our first line shouldn't have been the first solution.

But now, I just feel bad for A.Ko. This guy has been one of our best forward so far and he's paired with a 3rd liner that's been invisible all year in Lappy and a center that plays like a 3rd liner. I never understood how A.Ko was our 5th most used Forward when he's been the most dangerous one, and now this?..
In the mean time, two of our natural scorers that have been snakebitten get to play with our best center and will probably all play around 20min.

Some things I will never understand.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
He had two very bad games that stood out to me. Last game and the one in Columbus. To be honest, I was surprised to see him back in the lineup after CBJ game. I guess he was on thin ice after it and another bad outing on Sat night did him in.
I think that's only because Plekanec was sick.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
What good would putting Spacek on waivers do? Lower his trade Value and he still counts on the cap. Stupid
Finally someone who understand.

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Loner

Everyone was happy and surprised by the return when the trade was done if you look at past trade.

I wonder what happened to this guy, he was a top 5 prospect for Calgary, HF has rated him 7.0A (for what it mean) which is rare to a see this kind of player getting a A in his rating. Maybe it's not over for him, playing a top role in Hamilton will probably help his confidence, he haven't played in this role for a couple of years now.

Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ketzlaf

Leafs will claim him, their fan base will start polls wondering if he will score 30 or 40 goals this year, then they will call for Wilson's head Ok, just had to bash Leafs for no reason.

Considering that the team plays tomorrow, who will be called up to give O'Byrne and Picard some company in the healty scratch club? I really don't want to see White called up to be scratched night after night...

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzlaf View Post
Leafs will claim him, their fan base will start polls wondering if he will score 30 or 40 goals this year, then they will call for Wilson's head Ok, just had to bash Leafs for no reason.

Considering that the team plays tomorrow, who will be called up to give O'Byrne and Picard some company in the healty scratch club? I really don't want to see White called up to be scratched night after night...
I sincerely doubt anyone gets recalled.

Teams rarely carry 23 players.

Also, it said he was on waivers, not that he had been reassigned. Sometimes teams just waive people to see if anyone will grab them without sending them to the AHL.

Old
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I sincerely doubt anyone gets recalled.

Teams rarely carry 23 players.

Also, it said he was on waivers, not that he had been reassigned. Sometimes teams just waive people to see if anyone will grab them without sending them to the AHL.
Well we are down to 12 forwards no? If someone gets hurt in pregame they are screwed, It would be wise to call up a forward imo. This move didn't have to happen as they have been carrying 23 players since Markov returned. I think something is coming.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Well we are down to 12 forwards no? If someone gets hurt in pregame they are screwed, It would be wise to call up a forward imo. This move didn't have to happen as they have been carrying 23 players since Markov returned. I think something is coming.
Not really, if someone gets hurt in the warmup or sick, then we dress 7 D. Teams do it all the time.

No doubt that the idea is an extra forward and an extra D, but the team clearly isn't waiving Picard or O'Byrne, so you make due with what you have.

Also, again, he was not sent to Hamilton. If he goes unclaimed, he might well remain as our extra forward.

Old
11-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

So the guy was UFA, accepted a deal with us (maybe he felt wanted after the habs acquired him in the SK deal) and now we waive him....great stuff by the management, really good, keep it up......If he gets picked up, i suggest that we call up Palushaj and not white :

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Gomez - Palushaj
Pouliot - Halpern - Darche
Moen - Lapierre - Pyatt

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Loner

Quote:
I wouldn't be suprised to see O'Byrne or Picard on the fourth line in case of injury, it's not like this is a rare occurence in Montreal

Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Bieber fever

bassically , PG made a bad trade by trading SK for nothing and then made a bad singing by singind Boyd.

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote