HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

McGrattan (BOS) + Boyd (MTL)

Old
11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
WreckItRask

vCash: 500
Did sarcasm not make it as far north as Ottawa yet? What a sensitive bunch you Sens fans are...it was a joke...relax.

You guys make it sound like I'm sticking up for Brian McGrattan, when in fact I (and every other Bruins fan) have absolutely no affinity for the guy considering he's never, ever, played a regular season game in a Bruins sweater.

You can now return to watching the Chris Neil victory over Dennis Seidenberg on youtube in anticipation of the next Sens game...that was one one for the ages for sure.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 01:45 PM
LGSens

^Missed the point.

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Wooo Gratz!!!

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:18 PM
MXD

Do McGrattan and Boyd have to be waived before they're traded for each other? ...

That would be funny.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:31 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGSens View Post
^Missed the point.
How did I miss the point when I'm actually the one that you quoted and took to task over a joke? All the Sens fans jumping to defend Neil were in response to my sarcastic comment...yet I'm the one missing the point. In this case, I am the point.

Since sarcasm apparently doesn't exist along the St. Lawrence, I stray from that for a minute. I think Neil's resume is actually pretty decent in terms of his NHL fights, but when he does stuff like he did against Dennis Seidenberg then it cheapens all of the legitimate fights he's had. That stunt on Seidenberg is a Steve Ott/Sean Avery type of move (instigating and throwing punches on a guy that clearly isn't a fighter). There are plenty of guys on the Bruins around his weight class that would have given him a go if he was frustrated...he didn't need to tune a guy with about 5 career fights up to prove how tough he was.

Old
11-08-2010, 02:40 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Holy cow, I had no idea Sens fans were THAT bitter about McGrattan. You'd think he slapped Neil's girlfriend or something, from the tone of some of these comments.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I guess Grats big dramatic expose on Neil didn't work as he planned. As most people said at the time, the days of the pure enforcer are all but over, you have to play the game as well.
It's true. And I don't mind with the way hockey fights have been going and what they've become they've really become uninteresting all together.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Holy cow, I had no idea Sens fans were THAT bitter about McGrattan. You'd think he slapped Neil's girlfriend or something, from the tone of some of these comments.
In regards to McGrattan the mantra "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house" applies here. That's it really.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:11 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I couldn't possibly care less about McGrattan. He brought it on himself for shooting his mouth off about his time in Ottawa with Neil - which was a pile of rubbish in the first place.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:18 PM
NickPerriNYR

Boyd was someone I hoped the Rangers would pick up during the off-season. What do you guys think, would he be worth the claim for the Rangers? What are his Pro's and Con's?

NickPerriNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:40 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Dumb move by Montreal, Boyd will get claimed

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:01 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

I was watching the ticker on the Score and I thought I had seen Shawn Thornton being waived. Never saw it again, so maybe an error or I have to put down the pipe.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:04 PM
CorsiCounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
What's the deal with Boyd? Why can't he catch on anywhere?
He is too small/not willing to put any muscle on. Combine that with being an average skater at best and you have a guy who could only stick in one place and that one place had Jamie Lundmark playing top line left wing.

CorsiCounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Exactly. Weak physically and poor defensively. Not a good bottom six player and not enough offense for a top 6 spot.

He's got wheels and that's about it.
And when put on a line with Pyatt and Lapierre (Probably the next 2 fastest on the team) they were pinned to the defensive zone, so their speed was neutralized.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:05 PM
LGSens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
How did I miss the point when I'm actually the one that you quoted and took to task over a joke? All the Sens fans jumping to defend Neil were in response to my sarcastic comment...yet I'm the one missing the point. In this case, I am the point.

Since sarcasm apparently doesn't exist along the St. Lawrence, I stray from that for a minute. I think Neil's resume is actually pretty decent in terms of his NHL fights, but when he does stuff like he did against Dennis Seidenberg then it cheapens all of the legitimate fights he's had. That stunt on Seidenberg is a Steve Ott/Sean Avery type of move (instigating and throwing punches on a guy that clearly isn't a fighter). There are plenty of guys on the Bruins around his weight class that would have given him a go if he was frustrated...he didn't need to tune a guy with about 5 career fights up to prove how tough he was.
What happened to humorous/sarcastic Neely? Looks more like bitter Neely now.

Guess Neil was tired of Seidenberg using his stick all night. But that's what McGrattan is for right, to take care of this stuff.

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:13 PM
moog35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I couldn't possibly care less about McGrattan. He brought it on himself for shooting his mouth off about his time in Ottawa with Neil - which was a pile of rubbish in the first place.
what did McGrattan say about Neil? i had no idea about this until I read this thread, i'm interested to know what was said so if someone could post a link or fill me in I would appreciate it.

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:46 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:

Guess Neil was tired of Seidenberg using his stick all night. But that's what McGrattan is for right, to take care of this stuff.
Um...O.K...if you say so. Not sure how I come off as bitter, but whatever floats your boat.

As for McGrattan, the only thing he's for right now is to fight 19 year old up and comers and collect his AHL salary. The best part about this whole story is that McGrattan's comments weren't even a blip on the screen in terms of Boston sports. Nobody, not even Bruins fans here on HF, really cared about the quote...and we're talking about a board that dedicates 7 pages discussing Puck Daddy's assertion that the Bruins have the worst goal celebration in the league.

That's why I was so surprised to see Sens fans get all in a tizzy over a dumb joke about Carkner fighting Neil's fights for him. It was like they were looking for Bruins fans to engage in some Pro-McGrattan vs Neil argument, when the reality is that the guy has never played a single game for Boston at this point. He's completely irrelevant to most Bruins fans at this point. In fact, I still wonder how the hell he was able to get quoted by a member of the media in the first place...did he seek him out? Did they run into each other grabbing popcorn in the press box after the fight? Did he grab a quote while McGrattan was waiting in line at the bus station on his way to Providence?

Old
11-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
canucks should take a gander as boyd, and rock him on the fourth line.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
But that's what they want to have happen. Else, they wouldn't waive him. Unless you think they're dumb for wanting him to get claimed.

I very much hope Boyd lands somewhere and finds an NHL identity. But he did nothing for the Habs and they have better players in Hamilton.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 05:08 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:

Do you understand that the original statement was a joke?

No need to get bent out of shape.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 07:26 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
...and then skates away as fast as he can while Carkner fights McGrattan.

now thats to funny.....!

to true as well.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
GeeoffBrown

I remember when people were coming down on Sutter for trading Boyd. Boyd is not particularly well-suited to any NHL role.

GeeoffBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 08:29 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:42 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Great knowledge.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Question:

So now that Boyd has cleared waivers, if he were to be traded to another team, could that team send him down without him having to clear again??

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote