HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Tadite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
There were about 30 comments discussing it already. No way the Kings nibble at that.
Hmm... .seems as though reading comprehension isn't an important skill up in Canada.

The Kings would have to be blatantly stupid to go for that deal. I'm just looking forward to the day that Eklund stops lying about Kings rumors and moves on to someone else.

Old
11-08-2010, 03:11 PM
northernKing

A friend back east just messaged me about a possible deal with MTL. He said he has heard Pacioretty for either Moller or Teubert. Personally I think M.Pacioretty could be a Latendresse type pick up as he has all the tools to be a solid top 6 winger.

Old
11-08-2010, 03:23 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
A friend back east just messaged me about a possible deal with MTL. He said he has heard Pacioretty for either Moller or Teubert. Personally I think M.Pacioretty could be a Latendresse type pick up as he has all the tools to be a solid top 6 winger.
just looked up his profile..and doesnt look like much of a goal scorer. Is he more of a playmaker?

Old
11-08-2010, 03:24 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
where'd your friend here it from?

Old
11-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
I would trade Moller for him in a heartbeat. I would have to think on Teubert, but I suppose the value is there and it wouldn't be a bad lateral move.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I would trade Moller for him in a heartbeat. I would have to think on Teubert, but I suppose the value is there and it wouldn't be a bad lateral move.
Heh, I feel the opposite. Moller I'd hesitate, Teubert no problem. I like MaxPac

Old
11-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Heh, I feel the opposite. Moller I'd hesitate, Teubert no problem. I like MaxPac
My reasoning mostly relies in our depth chart. If we lose Moller, we still have Toffoli and then MaxPac. But if we lose Teubert, we don't readily have his breed available elsewhere in our system unless Forbort develops a mean-streak overnight. We can replace Moller, but we can't replace Teubert as easily.

Old
11-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Tadite

Quote:
My reasoning mostly relies in our depth chart. If we lose Moller, we still have Toffoli and then MaxPac. But if we lose Teubert, we don't readily have his breed available elsewhere in our system unless Forbort develops a mean-streak overnight. We can replace Moller, but we can't replace Teubert as easily.

I think it's becoming increasingly clear that Moller isn't going to be an NHL player as a King. He's hard working, tough, and has been passed by at least 2-3 other prospects. Problem is he isn't known enough or done enough to have much value....

Teubert still has a shot at the NHL as a King. He just needs to get health and get his act together.

Old
11-08-2010, 04:35 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Chipchurra, Latendresse, Pacioretty, etal.

go back onto the main boards a few years ago and every Habs fan was CERTAIN that their s*** was gonna be stink free by now.

and then what happened?

Old
11-08-2010, 04:50 PM
symbology

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I think if Eric Staal requested a trade I would think Minnesota wild would be the team frist in line. First i think the wild dont have that "star player" now that grabrick is in New york. Eric would also help attendense since his home is only hours away ( yes i belive Thunder Bay hockey fans would travel to see him ) It may even get some more coverage in my home town. (the local radio station would proberly pick up the wild games again) Not sure who would have to go the other way ( proberly martin havlat or Mikko Koivu )

As for him for Kopi+ as much as id love to go to the store and get a staal name put on a Kings jersy hes far to expensive for to long.
Staal's NTC just kicked in on 7/1 of this year. Not that he would have total control of over where he would be moved, but he might have some. (if indeed he wants to be moved.)

Old
11-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
Chipchurra, Latendresse, Pacioretty, etal.

go back onto the main boards a few years ago and every Habs fan was CERTAIN that their s*** was gonna be stink free by now.

and then what happened?
Pretty much every fanbase is guilty of overrating their own guys.

Can't recall people being that high about Chipchura. Even on Draft Day, most agreed he had 3rd line upside.

With Pacioretty, Montreal seemed to unnecessarily rush him out of college. Showed some flashes when he made the NHL as a 20 year old. But I suppose he's a poster boy for not judging long term success based off of who cracks the NHL first. Good wheels and decent size, just doesn't seem like he has the finishing ability to be a top 6 forward at the NHL level.

Old
11-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Can't recall people being that high about Chipchura. Even on Draft Day, most agreed he had 3rd line upside.

With Pacioretty, Montreal seemed to unnecessarily rush him out of college. Showed some flashes when he made the NHL as a 20 year old. But I suppose he's a poster boy for not judging long term success based off of who cracks the NHL first. Good wheels and decent size, just doesn't seem like he has the finishing ability to be a top 6 forward at the NHL level.

The first thing I thought of was Craig Johnson...

Old
11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
where'd your friend here it from?
He was in MTL to watch the game on Saturday and said it was just being mentioned by fans. He too is a Kings fan and had on his LAK hat and some fans started chatting him up about LA.

Old
11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
northernKing

Also I like the fact that Pacioretty came out this week and said he rather be playing top line minutes in the AHL and learning as opposed to sitting and playing 4th line minutes in NHL. The kid envisions playing in a top 6 role and I have always been impressed when I've seen him play the last 5-6 times.

Old
11-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
I agree. He's got good size and could be a 1-2 LW in the future. He may just need a change of scenery.

Old
11-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
I agree. He's got good size and could be a 1-2 LW in the future. He may just need a change of scenery.
You mean maybe he could be our Moulsen (or Boyle).

Old
11-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
You mean maybe he could be our Moulsen (or Boyle).

Kings 10-3

Rangers 7-7-1
Islanders 4-8-2

Is anyone here a Kings fan? Or is everyone turning into fantasy sports fans?

Old
11-10-2010, 11:10 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
I think you overlook that we have a alot of minor league talent in our system. Mean or not, Tuebert remains a massive project that may never come to fruition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
The first thing I thought of was Craig Johnson...
In the oft heard words of Bob Miller: "Johnson with speed down the wing . . . shoots . . . high and wide."

Old
11-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Either one would be a solid deal, Pacioretty has NHL size and can pass the puck well. I think he has the tools to score more, too, just needs to get more aggressive.

Moller is highly skilled but at this point his sticking as a King is doubtful at best. Teubert I have not seen too much in the past year, will have to get down to a Reign game soon and check where he's at now. Still, I have to imagine he is a ways off whereas Pacioretty is 22 with some NHL experience already.

Old
11-10-2010, 11:46 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

there's the 29 fanbases, then there's the Montreal Canadiens fanbase.

i hear ya on Chipchurra, but if you do enough hunting down - and i'm talking about at and around the height of the Ryder, Halad and a 2nd era, you'll see how NO deal for any player was worth anything to them because their lineup was an up and down thing of destiny... and strangely enough, other than Plekanec and Jesus Price, a fair amount of that gaggle is playing elsewhere.

i have yet to be moved by a moment of Pacioretty's play that i have seen. i personally think the Kings have enough of him already... basically, a tweener.

Old
11-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Fat Elvis

IMO both Moller and Tuebert can be used as trade fodder since both still have some trade value. We can agree that Tuebert is a few years away from cracking LA's lineup and Moller needs a lot to happen to be back in the mix. If MaxPac is an upgrade over the current lineup, then ya, do a deal. If he is a Parse twin, than I have questions why to do it. You hate to make a move just to make a move. Where does this guy project?

Old
11-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
I think they naturally have a larger fan base so by sheer numbers there'll more terrible things posted--I suppose we should be happy that the Leafs never have any prospects

One of my favorites was in 2001 in the pre-HFBoards.com days when Hockey's Future just had a low-tech message board. Everyday this one Habs poster would go on and on about trading Eric Weinrich (impending UFA) for all sorts of big name players. After we all took turns tearing his logic apart, he vowed that he'd be proven correct on Deadline day.

Weinrich was then traded for Patrick Traverse and a 4th. You probably had to be there, but it all culminated in a good laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP
Where does this guy project?
Nobody's quite sure. I liked what I saw in the handful of Montreal games I saw in 2008-09, but it's hard to ignore the lack of production.

Old
11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Also I like the fact that Pacioretty came out this week and said he rather be playing top line minutes in the AHL and learning as opposed to sitting and playing 4th line minutes in NHL. The kid envisions playing in a top 6 role and I have always been impressed when I've seen him play the last 5-6 times.
That's a bad thing...they talked about this on Toronto radio, the show hosts were saying this shows bad attitude and how they think no GM will touch him now.

Old
11-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Tadite

Quote:

To be fair there's 28 fanbases and then the Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto 'Leafs.

Last edited by Tadite: 11-10-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: whoops.
Old
11-10-2010, 02:17 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
To be fair there's 29 fanbases and then the Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto 'Leafs.
Since when are there 31 teams?

Closed Thread