HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

How to fix our PP

Old
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Celtic Cross

vCash: 500
How to fix our PP

1st PP unit

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Gionta
Markov-Cammalleri

2nd PP unit

Pouliot-Eller-Gomez
Subban-Gorges

Try Gomez at the Wing with Eller at natural center, Eller should screen the goalie, and Pouliot should use his slapshot more then his wrists. did you see the Rocket that he scored in his 2 goal game VS Buffalo, maybe even stick Pouliot infront of the net on a unit

Celtic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:42 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
Stop using players that are on an enormous cold streak would help.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:46 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Stop using players that are on an enormous cold streak would help.
So...

Halpern - Plekanec - Darche
Subban - Gorges

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:47 PM
TheBuriedHab

More point shots with More traffic.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Our pp will get going once Markov finds his groove again,couple more games and you watch

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:16 PM
PlayersCoach

We just need to simplify. Get shots on net. Get the puck up top, drag it to the middle, and pound it on goal.

That's all.

Meat and potatoes.

PlayersCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersCoach View Post
We just need to simplify. Get shots on net. Get the puck up top, drag it to the middle, and pound it on goal.

That's all.

Meat and potatoes.
Maybe even try to get some slapshots off the boards to create some chances rather than being so predictable and having our D blast it right on net every single time. I'd like to see the D fake some more shots and do some passes too. Not every PP goal has to be a point shot. We've become to predictable is all. We've gotta change it up and I think we should make better use of the screening option.

Not that I disagree with the lines above they could possibly work but I think our main problem right now is the 2nd line. They need a player who can play at their level. It's killing them imo.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

No Cammalleri at the point...he is USELESS. Put Kostitsyn at the point.

Darche - Plekanec - Cammalleri (Darche in front of the net) and let the other players do their job)
Markov - A.Kostitsyn

Gionta - Gomez - Pouliot
Subban - Gorges

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:55 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

1st PP unit

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Markov - Spacek

I rarely if ever have seen Markov and Spacek on the PP points together. I know Spacek misses the net a lot but it would least keep some people on their toes. LOL He does at least have one of the hardest shots on the team. Gomez and Gionta do not deserve 1st unit PP minutes. Of course not many do.

2nd PP unit

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Hamrlik - Subban

Tell this bunch to use an umbrella formation with Subban at the point and Pouliot and Gionta on the wings. Tell Hamrlik to stand in front of the net and screen the goalie. He at least has some offensive acumen. There you go Gomer - it's up to you.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:00 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
1st PP unit

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Markov - Spacek

I rarely if ever have seen Markov and Spacek on the PP points together. I know Spacek misses the net a lot but it would least keep some people on their toes. LOL He does at least have one of the hardest shots on the team. Gomez and Gionta do not deserve 1st unit PP minutes. Of course not many do.

2nd PP unit

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Hamrlik - Subban

Tell this bunch to use an umbrella formation with Subban at the point and Pouliot and Gionta on the wings. Tell Hamrlik to stand in front of the net and screen the goalie. He at least has some offensive acumen. There you go Gomer - it's up to you.
And Spacek does? I guess out of necessity I can agree with that but we should dump him off to San Jose for a top 6 winger along with picks and a prospect LOL

Then I would be all for MAB cause Spacek has in all honesty been that bad. I would rather MAB with Markov or Hammer then him. Not even joking and I don't like MAB, the idea of signing him etc one bit, but I'm losing my patience with Spacek the guy didn't even try to play well, he sat around eating doritos all summer and now our hard working team is suffering the consequences.

Old
11-08-2010, 05:12 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
And Spacek does? I guess out of necessity I can agree with that but we should dump him off to San Jose for a top 6 winger along with picks and a prospect LOL

Then I would be all for MAB cause Spacek has in all honesty been that bad. I would rather MAB with Markov or Hammer then him. Not even joking and I don't like MAB, the idea of signing him etc one bit, but I'm losing my patience with Spacek the guy didn't even try to play well, he sat around eating doritos all summer and now our hard working team is suffering the consequences.
I understand but the reason I would try it is because I don't recall it ever being tried and right now maybe Spacek has an ounce of confidence back. I don't think it could hurt. LOL Markov was injured last year and the Habs quickly acquired MAB for real cheap so that kinda put Spacek out of the picture. Nothing else is working and I think he at least does a reasonable job of holding the line and making decent decisions on the PP.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I understand but the reason I would try it is because I don't recall it ever being tried and right now maybe Spacek has an ounce of confidence back. I don't think it could hurt. LOL Markov was injured last year and the Habs quickly acquired MAB for real cheap so that kinda put Spacek out of the picture. Nothing else is working and I think he at least does a reasonable job of holding the line and making decent decisions on the PP.
Yeah he's just really frustrating to watch. I was really happy about that signing and expected a complimentary offensive player. I understand he's playing his off side but at some point the excuse wares paper thin. I wasn't expecting 70pt d-man but come on. I expected this guy would at least net his usual production playing with Markov, Hamrlik and now even Subban.

Not only is he playing pretty badly offensively but he's been awful defensively and I thought he was at least a somewhat responsible D last year. He seems out of shape and bare in mind I have an alright understanding of what out of shape looks like

I was one of the few people during camp that said Andrei looked built and not out of shape.

Spacek looks out of shape, he plays like an out of shape player would, he's tired easily, the game taxes him a lot more than it did last year and no it isn't just him aging. He is totally out of shape and I personally believe any hockey trainer would tell you its the case. To me that's just disrespectful, part of that 4 million you're being paid is to at least stay in good shape and perform at the level you're supposed to.

I haven't been this frustrated with one of our players since Plek had his bad year. It isn't that I think Plekanec wasn't trying I just felt he made very bad decisions with the puck that year. Would basically always do the same predictable move. Usually I don't get this annoyed with a player but when you know they're capable of so much more. At least in Gomez case and Gio I see them trying to make things happen and they're in shape to even try. Spacek is about as good in a 1 on 1 race for the puck as Gill is in terms of how much of a handicap he needs in order to get the puck. 10 feet? 15 feet? I just don't understand the guy why did he sign here to play if he doesn't even care to train, if anyone disagrees with me I don't really have any proof aside from what I've seen so I don't blame you, but he's been awful regardless of why.

Old
11-08-2010, 06:01 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
More point shots with More traffic.
This is it...when things don't go well, you just shoot from the point, and get bodies out front...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
This is it...when things don't go well, you just shoot from the point, and get bodies out front...
We actually shoot from the point. Problem is most of our shots are either blocked, misses the net or easily stoppable.

We need a good precise point shot, it's really simple. We get a shooter, we will score. If Cammy can't make it work, we will need to bring in someone that will, either via FA or AHL. It's really that simple.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We actually shoot from the point. Problem is most of our shots are either blocked, misses the net or easily stoppable.

We need a good precise point shot, it's really simple. We get a shooter, we will score. If Cammy can't make it work, we will need to bring in someone that will, either via FA or AHL. It's really that simple.
Exactly. Man I saw Ottawa get shots at net all night on Saturday. I'm watching the Wings - Yotes game and same thing, both teams are getting pucks through the lanes. Subban will quiet down once he gets a goal, he's forcing the puck. Markov as well will start getting those pucks through the blocks, it's just a matter of time.

Gomez on the other hand is ridiculous right now. I was one of those who defended him up until the Buffalo game. There was one PP towards the end of that game and the lack of physical commitment from him was abysmal. He's the single biggest drain on the team right now. Him along with Spacek, and to a lesser extent Gill and Lapierre.

The rest are cold, Cammy and Gio, and even Akost right now, but at least they're trying - those dirty three are really stinking things up. Martin removed Spacek from the PP, I think it's time that he considers doing the same for Gomez at least for a short period.

But I hate Martin - I always have. To me he will always make the wrong decisions with his players. Montreal survived so long last year in spite of Martin, not because of Martin. The PP as well will get back to normal not because of some fantastic coaching by Martin, but because the players cannot stay cold forever.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post
1st PP unit

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Gionta
Markov-Cammalleri

2nd PP unit

Pouliot-Eller-Gomez
Subban-Gorges

Try Gomez at the Wing with Eller at natural center, Eller should screen the goalie, and Pouliot should use his slapshot more then his wrists. did you see the Rocket that he scored in his 2 goal game VS Buffalo, maybe even stick Pouliot infront of the net on a unit
I'll be mild. Pray tell, how well do you think Gomez would play as a wing? Also, wouldn't that line have three players who shoot left? I can see it on Plekanec's line because Kostitsyn has always preferred RW, but not on this line,

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 09:59 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

At this point I'd pick up Souray on re-entry waivers and pay half the salary. He won't be as bad as Spacek in his own zone and can at least shoot the puck.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:05 PM
expy

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Markov - Subban

Kostitsyn - Gomez - Pouliot
Spacek - Hamrlik

expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 10:16 PM
elsubz

kost-plek-cam
markov-gorges

Pouliot-Gomez-Gio
Subban-Hamr

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:01 AM
FF de Mars

One thing, AK at the point.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
At this point I'd pick up Souray on re-entry waivers and pay half the salary. He won't be as bad as Spacek in his own zone and can at least shoot the puck.
He will be as bad + his great one timer shot.

In the previous years, it was so "easy" for the habs on the PP, it was all about the one time shot from the point...now they have to create plays and they are failing to do so.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Komarov47

AK46-Plek-Cammy
Markov-Subban

I don't know who put on the second line, i was thinking about put a forward with a big shot on defense just like Kovalchuk in NJ or Stoll in L.A, so who's got the biggest shot in Montreal BTW?

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:17 PM
expy

Quote:
Originally Posted by expy View Post
Markov - Subban

Spacek - Hamrlik
Called it.

expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

MAB. If Eller continues playing 4 minutes a game...might as well use MAB and play him 4 minutes a game....on the PP. If Darche is hurt, it means more Boyd on the lineup and again....Boyd or MAB?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 02:02 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by expy View Post
Markov - Subban

Spacek - Hamrlik
Obviously. Load up. I would take a look at Eller and Halpern if any of the wingers continue to slack off though.

The defense is the least of our issues now that Marky is back.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote