HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

MTL puts Dustin Boyd on waivers.(Cleared)

Old
11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Habs hope he gets claimed to make a move, and this move is Palushaj IMO.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:13 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground And Pound View Post
Ah yes

Another washed up 40 years old veteran who would like to play for the Habs because no other team wants him.

Shades of Shanahan , Hull ect
Perhaps. Except for the fact that Montreal pursued Shanahan and Hull, not the other way around. Plenty of other teams wanted them, which is why they ended up signing elsewhere.

But it is true that all players mentioned were veterans...

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:16 PM
ruski17

For fun, let's spark up a debate... Desharnais.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:18 PM
ti-vite

Reminds me of Garth Murray.

Placed on waivers, not claimed and stayed with the big club for a while.

Precursor to a move: hard to say.

ti-vite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Perhaps. Except for the fact that Montreal pursued Shanahan and Hull, not the other way around. Plenty of other teams wanted them, which is why they ended up signing elsewhere.

But it is true that all players mentioned were veterans...
Correct

My point is that it seems that veterans who used to be stars only want to come here once they are past their prime and thatno other team wants them. Suddenly they would love to play for Montreal ect. Guerin had some pretty harsh words toward Montreal when he played for the Bruins but now he would love to play for the Habs ? That's BS

Hull and Shanahan used the Habs to get their value up.Martin Lapointe was another one who did the same thing. They never had any intentions of signing here.

But hey , maybe Gauthier should have an helicopter tour of the city with Guerin or something

131313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:21 PM
TheBuriedHab

I hope he gets picked up. We need more Grit on the fourth line. I'd want White up on the fourth. Pyatt and Boyd on the fourth line is to easy to play against. Or bring up Paloosh so we can have a fourth line of Moen -Lapierre -Pyatt. And stick Aaron on the line with Gionta and Gomez.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:22 PM
linp

Did we do enough scouting before we signed Boyd? I agree that we have to get rid of SK but Boyd is not ready to play a center position in the NHL. He is too weak defensively. Wonder whom they'll call up to replace him? I would prefer White.

As for putting Lapierre in the 2nd line, I hope this "promotion" will spark him to rediscover his form during last year's playoff. If he still plays like what he did this year, he won't stay in the 2nd line for long.

I would prefer to reunit AK with Pleks and Gomez with Gionta. JM is over reacting with all these line changes. But I do agree with splitting up Subban with Markov.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:29 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by linp View Post
Did we do enough scouting before we signed Boyd? I agree that we have to get rid of SK but Boyd is not ready to play a center position in the NHL. He is too weak defensively. Wonder whom they'll call up to replace him? I would prefer White.

As for putting Lapierre in the 2nd line, I hope this "promotion" will spark him to rediscover his form during last year's playoff. If he still plays like what he did this year, he won't stay in the 2nd line for long.

I would prefer to reunit AK with Pleks and Gomez with Gionta. JM is over reacting with all these line changes. But I do agree with splitting up Subban with Markov.
Another example of Habs' bad assets management.... Another one....

S.K. had not much value, but the Habs finish with zero asset. If they could package Boyd with O'Byrne (or Spacek) and get a half decent player for that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
I hope he gets picked up. We need more Grit on the fourth line. I'd want White up on the fourth. Pyatt and Boyd on the fourth line is to easy to play against. Or bring up Paloosh so we can have a fourth line of Moen -Lapierre -Pyatt. And stick Aaron on the line with Gionta and Gomez.
White had showed nothing since being demoted to Hamilton. That is not the type of attitude the management likes.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Habs hope he gets claimed to make a move, and this move is Palushaj IMO.
This totally makes sense. I mean, with Boyd gone we only have 12 forwards, a full lineup and no room for Palushaj. Genius.

Why don't you grow some balls and waive Gomez. No one's gonna pick him up, but you'll send him a message that he sucks.

Dear Montréal. You have to put players in a position to succeed, like you did with Subban. Not how you've treated Latendresse, D'agostini, and up to this point, Lars Eller. Playing him in half a game with Cammalleri (good) and Moen (bad) isn't enough.

Though, keep putting Moen/Pyatt up in the top 6. Hey, Martin, you should split up the Ph.D line. I mean, they didn't really do anything last game and we all know in your books 1 bad game = disastrous and calls for extreme measures.

You're an idiot, Martin. I hope you get fired and never coach in the NHL again.

You and Gauthier are targeting the wrong areas. Gomez and Spacek suck, so you scratch Eller and waive Boyd ? K.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I swear if they bring him back in the line-up after he clears waivers, I will smash their heads. He needs to go to Hamilton.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Another example of Habs' bad assets management.... Another one....

S.K. had not much value, but the Habs finish with zero asset. If they could package Boyd with O'Byrne (or Spacek) and get a half decent player for that....

White had showed nothing since being demoted to Hamilton. That is not the type of attitude the management likes.
I wouldn't necessarily call a bottom 6 player putting up 5 points in 11 games nothing. He isn't know for his stats and he still isn't a minus. I don't know where to check stats on hits and I haven't watched the dogs much this year so not like I'm trying to say I know he's been playing great, just that the stats aren't so telling.

Have you seen him play? Has he been bad?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I swear if they bring him back in the line-up after he clears waivers, I will smash their heads. He needs to go to Hamilton.
Goodness man, get a grip! Whatever happens to Boyd, it will have minimal impact on the team and it's success.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You have to wonder what they've seen in him in the first place....Was fun Dustin...see ya.
The great Habs pro scouting.

Old
11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I wouldn't necessarily call a bottom 6 player putting up 5 points in 11 games nothing. He isn't know for his stats and he still isn't a minus. I don't know where to check stats on hits and I haven't watched the dogs much this year so not like I'm trying to say I know he's been playing great, just that the stats aren't so telling.

Have you seen him play? Has he been bad?
I read reports that he was really pissed off and depressed after being sent back to Hamilton. He probably thought - as most of us did - that he had an excellent training camp - better than many, even veterans- and deserved to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
The great Habs pro scouting.
We needed Dustin Byfuglen...We got Dustin Boyd... Watch out, we could get Dustin Penner, now....

Old
11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
I read reports that he was really pissed off and depressed after being sent back to Hamilton. He probably thought - as most of us did - that he had an excellent training camp - better than many, even veterans- and deserved to stay.
Of course he was Pissed to be sent back. I want guys that are going to be hungry to make the team. Reading reports isn't a great way to tell if hes done nothing....

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
We needed Dustin Byfuglen...We got Dustin Boyd... Watch out, we could get Dustin Penner, now....
That would be terrible

Dustin Brown would be a nice addition

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Goodness man, get a grip! Whatever happens to Boyd, it will have minimal impact on the team and it's success.
His presence prevents the Habs to be more physical with guys that plays with an edge. What the team needs.

Old
11-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Miller Time

I'd love to hear the rationale from Martin as to why he didn't give him a shot on the 2nd line as well before making him the regular scratch...

He's got more offensive upside than Pyatt or Moen, so why not at least give him a game or two?

Boyd works hard, and has a decent set of hands. Hasn't put it all together consistently at the NHL level, but would not have done any worse than Moen/Darche/Pyatt and now Lapierre.

otherwise, i've got no issue with waiving him, and I hope some other team that isn't already stocked with similar players gives him a decent shot at being an everyday player.

heck I wouldn't be surprised to see Calgary claim him.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:49 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That would be terrible

Dustin Brown would be a nice addition
That would be my choice too... But I can see Gauthier trying to send some big salary like Spacek's + a guy like Boyd or O'Byrne or Maxwell to Edmonton for a big (slow) forward (Penner) who can solve part of his PP problems.

Old
11-08-2010, 03:49 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
No biggie. He's been very disappointing.
It almost mean we lost Sergei K. for nothing... Gauthier failed

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
That would be my choice too... But I can see Gauthier trying to send some big salary like Spacek's + a guy like Boyd or O'Byrne or Maxwell to Edmonton for a big (slow) forward who can solve his PP problems.
Gauthier scares me, from day 1 I never trusted him and I still don't.Let's hope he pulls something positive for this team.Right now cap wise we aren't in the best of positions and it's not really his fault

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:04 PM
the vinyl version

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
It almost mean we lost Sergei K. for nothing... Gauthier failed
Yes, because we all know the enormous trade value that Sergei held. I'm sure 29 GMs were constantly calling up Gauthier and offering top line talent for the kid.

I'm not, and have never been, a fan of Gauthier. However blaming him for not getting enough back for Sergei is the stupidest criticism I've ever heard.

the vinyl version is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Checker61

Boyd played well in pre season and for the first three games . Slid a bid and was quickly benched . Sat for five games and lost his confidence . If he was to stay with Montreal he needed a stint with Hamilton to get his confidence back . Have seen this kid play hockey at a high level for past few years and his last couple of games were a mess . If he goes to Hamilton he will light it up if put on top two lines with PP time .

Checker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Andy

I'm not too fond of what's happening with Boyd. Hard to determine where the problem lies, be it Boyd, Martin or Gauthier. My guess is Martin. He hasn't even really given Boyd a chance to get used to the system and comfortable. He keeps all younger players on their toes.

Boyd can be a very useful player, very useful. But his talents have not been exploited at all since he's been year. His game has actually been stifled.

Don't like this, but we'll see how it plays out.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Megaforce

Y'know how they invented the plus minus and power rankings etc?

We need a new one that ranks players based on their boringness.
A score of 10=Paul Mara type boring.
A score of 1=Pavel Bure type boring.

So yeah... Moen = 9 Gill - 9 Subban = 2 Spacek = 10 Halpern = 3 ...etc...

Um. The point is that we gotta get rid of some dull players and play some more exciting guys, Weber, O'Byrne, that midget in Hamilton and so forth.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote