HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

For the LOVE OF GOD, it's Benoit... (Benoit Pouliot Appreciation Thread)

Old
11-06-2010, 01:23 PM
No Team Needed

vCash: 500
Pouliot vs. Latendresse is a waste of time since Lats will be coming back to Montreal when he's 27. They will likely play on the same line.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:12 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Pouliot in an interview mentioned how it's hard for him to put on weight, due to injuries and just gaining weight in general. He said he eats and does programs specifically to put on pounds but it doesnt show. He said he's been trying since he was drafted.
Interesting, some guys have indeed some prob to get stronger due to their frame, a guy like Ribeiro had alot of prob too but its not impossible to get stronger with a good physical program.. Still BP's main prob to me is a lack of overall strength and has to react quicker when he doesnt have alot of time to make a play..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 02:21 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Pouliot vs. Latendresse is a waste of time since Lats will be coming back to Montreal when he's 27. They will likely play on the same line.
Only if his old Q linemate Derreck Brassard signs on to centre this line otherwise don't want Lats and his bad attitude anywhere near this team again.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:02 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I want him to stay with Halpern for a while, he has no pressure to produce on that line and because of it he's been playing some very good hockey.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:28 PM
danyhabsfan

Josh Georges says hi!

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 03:31 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Only if his old Q linemate Derreck Brassard signs on to centre this line otherwise don't want Lats and his bad attitude anywhere near this team again.
I'd say he has matured in Minnesota. He even admitted he had a poor attitude.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Subban76

Quote:
He showed up a camp fat and not in shape, as usual. I would not say he has matured.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 04:09 PM
David

Quote:
So much so that he showed up out of shape again this year...

Old
11-06-2010, 04:19 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
As far as I'm concerned, all that matters is that Pouliot has played better than Latendresse has ever played for our club.

I liked Latendresse, but his attitude, work ethic and sense of entitlement got him kicked out of Montreal. He brought this upon himself. He definitley has more offensive talent, but Pouliot has the better attitude. Latendresse got called out on another team for being lazy and out of shape.

Latendresse for Pouliot may not have been the best trade, but it was one we needed to make because I don't Latendresse would have ever developed here, especially under Martin's really strict system which required you to be at top form(in shape) and requires constant backchecking. Latendresse wasn't the only victim of Martin's demands, Pacioretty, Andrei, Sergei, Chipchura and D;agostini all exeprienced it. All were moved except Andrei and Pacioretty.
I actually think we will be declared winners in the Pouliot/Latendresse saga when it's finally over. Then again, I was never a Lats fan at all, so just getting rid of him was ok by me.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 09:03 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
So much so that he showed up out of shape again this year...
It was his coach's fault.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 12:58 PM
David

Despite not scoring Benny played his best games of the year last night.

Did you see his HUGE wing span going around ottawa D?

Old
11-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I'm wearing my Pouliot tshirt right now.
Over top of your Wham! muscle shirt?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Teufelsdreck

Last year I referred to Latendresse as "Flatulentendresse." That spurred outrage in certain quarters but I didn't care. I remember seeing a post on another site that referred to him as "Latenesse." That might have ben even funnier than my sobriquet. I never cared for the player and the success he enjoyed after his trade to the Wild was fully offset by the 15 goals Pouliot chipped in for the Habs that really counted when it came to their making the playoffs. I'm glad Martin has found a use for him. I'm sure the partisans at the Bell Centre have come to appreciate him better.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 11:32 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
I'm still not sold on Pouliot and I still don't understand why he was taken fourth overall, yes he have a good skills set but he look pretty average in everything, his best asset is speed but he have trouble staying on his feet.

So far he only shown that he's a streaky goal scorer. Latendresse have better raw talent, I could even say that Sergei, outside of attitude, have better raw talent.

If Pouliot can put his things together I would be very happy though.
Pools best asset is easily his hands, he has some of the softest hands on the team, if not the softest. In close, he makes great moves and is very elusive with the puck. When he is on, he is incredibly hard to read on offense. Take a look at his first goal against Buffalo, that is what the guy is capable of.

He has shown he is more than a streaky goal scorer, he has improved in a number of categories. Particularly in physicality, he finishes checks very well this season, and has one of the highest hit numbers on the team. He is also improving his balance, and is skating a lot harder than he was last season. He is completing his game, and that's why he has been one of the better forwards this year and a great asset on the bottom 6.

Pouliot is a much better play than Lats or Sergei will ever be, but that is not saying much.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 11:10 AM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Pools best asset is easily his hands, he has some of the softest hands on the team, if not the softest. In close, he makes great moves and is very elusive with the puck. When he is on, he is incredibly hard to read on offense. Take a look at his first goal against Buffalo, that is what the guy is capable of.

He has shown he is more than a streaky goal scorer, he has improved in a number of categories. Particularly in physicality, he finishes checks very well this season, and has one of the highest hit numbers on the team. He is also improving his balance, and is skating a lot harder than he was last season. He is completing his game, and that's why he has been one of the better forwards this year and a great asset on the bottom 6.

Pouliot is a much better play than Lats or Sergei will ever be, but that is not saying much.
If Benny wants, I believe that he could be the next, great, French speaking hero that CH hasn't had since Pat Roy.

Did you see his HUGE wing span going around ottawa D on that one break away? Hate to say it but it reminded me of Lemieux, or even Beliveau...WOW!

Relax, I'm not saying he's gonna be Jean, but Benny has within him to be something special if he wants...he just doesn't realize how good he could be yet...but I think he's just started to figure it out...!

Old
11-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
If Benny wants, I believe that he could be the next, great, French speaking hero that CH hasn't had since Pat Roy.

Did you see his HUGE wing span going around ottawa D on that one break away? Hate to say it but it reminded me of Lemieux, or even Beliveau...WOW!

Relax, I'm not saying he's gonna be Jean, but Benny has within him to be something special if he wants...he just doesn't realize how good he could be yet...but I think he's just started to figure it out...!
I think it's more a question of "if he has the confidence" rather than if he wants. I'm positive he wants. The guy cares, it's just a question of believing in himself.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 02:21 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Honestly Bennys been great, this reminds me of the situation that Kesler was in a few years ago when he played with Sundin, all the nucks fans said it was great for him as he was learning the offensive side of the game on sundins wing, maybe the same could be said for benoit with halpern

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:11 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I think it's more a question of "if he has the confidence" rather than if he wants. I'm positive he wants. The guy cares, it's just a question of believing in himself.
I think it's both...

Old
11-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
Honestly Bennys been great, this reminds me of the situation that Kesler was in a few years ago when he played with Sundin, all the nucks fans said it was great for him as he was learning the offensive side of the game on sundins wing, maybe the same could be said for benoit with halpern
I think its less about learning the offensive side of the game (as Halpern is no Sundin) and more about giving a consistent effort and going to the net. Still, its nice to see him improving his game.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:23 PM
danyhabsfan

Pouliot looked amazing vs Ottawa.

He was all over the ice.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote