HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

clingfest 2k10 aka orr vs king

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2010, 09:52 AM
  #1
tacoburrito
Registered User
 
tacoburrito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 519
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
clingfest 2k10 aka orr vs king

seemed like king wanted no part of orr in this fight.... discuss




tacoburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 12:05 PM
  #2
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Yeah, King is a good fighter but he just didn't look interested in this one.

Win Orr.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:40 PM
  #3
Robbler
Registered User
 
Robbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Haha. DJ King = Zach Stortini of the EC.

Robbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
  #4
bringthecuphome
Registered User
 
bringthecuphome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
Orr put the skeptics to bed, after losing to engelland, and then a weak effort vs The Boogey Man, Orr showed why he is the best fighter in the league. (Or maybe after Boogard.)

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:04 PM
  #5
Erz8771
Registered User
 
Erz8771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: T.Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringthecuphome View Post
Orr put the skeptics to bed, after losing to engelland, and then a weak effort vs The Boogey Man, Orr showed why he is the best fighter in the league. (Or maybe after Boogard.)
I beg to differ. He didnt put any skeptics to bed. Maybe a few Leaf fans, thats about it.

Erz8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 10:45 PM
  #6
Ajit
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
ORR WINS KING aint that good rypien can manhandle both these guys

Ajit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:20 AM
  #7
TheFinalWord
Registered User
 
TheFinalWord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajit View Post
ORR WINS KING aint that good rypien can manhandle both these guys
Only if Orr or King are sitting in the stands.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 12:25 AM
  #8
TheFinalWord
Registered User
 
TheFinalWord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintersiziz77 View Post
I beg to differ. He didnt put any skeptics to bed. Maybe a few Leaf fans, thats about it.
Orr is a tough fighter and I think he'll beat Engelland the next time around. He was in control of the first fight until it was lights out, but you never know. In the King fight, he was finally showing some defence.

The fight with Boogard wasn't a weak effort...Boogard is a monster and he's a tough guy to fight. Orr got edged in the fight, but it was a good showing IMO.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 05:55 PM
  #9
MoreMogilny
Cap'n
 
MoreMogilny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
Orr is a tough fighter and I think he'll beat Engelland the next time around. He was in control of the first fight until it was lights out, but you never know. In the King fight, he was finally showing some defence.

The fight with Boogard wasn't a weak effort...Boogard is a monster and he's a tough guy to fight. Orr got edged in the fight, but it was a good showing IMO.
Yeah, Orr was winning in that fight against Engelland, until that punch. That kind of fight goes either way, and i think Orr is just as capable of delivering that blow.

He handled Boogaard well IMO. He gives up a lot of height and weight, and still managed to keep Booagaard at bay. Boogaard may have got the edge, but it wasn't a clear win by any stretch

Against King, Orr did really well, King seemed to just want to get away the whole time.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 12:06 AM
  #10
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,839
vCash: 500
king got hit a couple times early and seemed like he wanted to run away, win=orr obvi

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 05:42 PM
  #11
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 500
Expected King to Establish himself as a serious top 5 guy this year. He's dissapointed so far.

Start of the season, the heavyweight division looke like this to me.

1) McIntyre
2) Boogey

Everyone else...

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2010, 06:18 PM
  #12
Paris in Flames
Registered User
 
Paris in Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Expected King to Establish himself as a serious top 5 guy this year. He's dissapointed so far.

Start of the season, the heavyweight division looke like this to me.

1) McIntyre
2) Boogey

Everyone else...
...he's had...one fight?

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 09:36 PM
  #13
Rumblick
Registered User
 
Rumblick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I - 78
Country: United States
Posts: 1,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Expected King to Establish himself as a serious top 5 guy this year. He's dissapointed so far.

Start of the season, the heavyweight division looke like this to me.

1) McIntyre
2) Boogey

Everyone else...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
...he's had...one fight?
Must've looked damned good in that one.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
  #14
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 9,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoburrito View Post
seemed like king wanted no part of orr in this fight.... discuss



what Orrs good at that hardly ever gets mentioned is tying up the arm of the other guy.

cant punch if you cant get your arm free.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.