HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MTL puts Dustin Boyd on waivers.(Cleared)

Old
11-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Well, the good part is the guy we traded him for has as many points as our number 2 centerman with half the ice-time.

Did I just open Pandora's box?
No really. Everybody knows Gomez > Sergei so who cares? Gomez is having a horrible start of a season, but that doesn't mean exaggerating just for the sake of it makes sense.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 05:51 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
So the S kost trade will be for nothing then if he gets claimed.
not the sir gay was worth anything anyways
Trotz says he's impressed with Sergei's attitude and three points in the last five games and he's moving up to the 2nd line. But what does the coach know.

The Habs do know how to develop young players: trade them.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:02 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
We're signing MAB for 500,000k.
The biggest contract of all time.

c hand 29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
not that i care considering he was a cancer in Montreal but this means Sergei was traded for nothing unless i guess we keep Boyd even after waived
SK had zero value...crappy attitude plus crappy production. I don't really see the point of waiving Boyd...baffling move.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The guy gets murdered on a fourth line. Why would Martin think he could handle working on a second line?
Because in his only full season as a pro he put up more points than moen, darche or pyatt ever have :dunno

Quick question for you, where you one of the posters who explained the slow start of some of our big ticket ufa's as being the result of adjusting to new coach/system/teammates?

I buy that as an excuse far more for a young, small cap hit player than for vets brought in to be go-to-guys.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
neofury*

LOL @ "He isn't even that good". Water isn't even that good until you're dieing in a desert is it.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Habs13

We kept Darche over Boyd? Really? This is such a frustrating franchise to support sometimes. Darche hasn't been terrible but he is not ever going to be better than the bare minimum he brings to the team right now. Boyd is young and has potential. IF we needed to send down a player, I would have picked Darche. Ah well...

I wonder what this means for Ryan O'Byrne? Is he the next Hamilton-bound Hab? I really hope not.

On a related note, if the Habs are going to call up a player, I wonder if they'd consider bringing Pacioretty back, despite his recent comments. Give him a chance on the wing, second line, see what happens. He's got good speed and shoots well, big body too. Might be worth a try...

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:18 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Y'know how they invented the plus minus and power rankings etc?

We need a new one that ranks players based on their boringness.
A score of 10=Paul Mara type boring.
A score of 1=Pavel Bure type boring.

So yeah... Moen = 9 Gill - 9 Subban = 2 Spacek = 10 Halpern = 3 ...etc...

Um. The point is that we gotta get rid of some dull players and play some more exciting guys, Weber, O'Byrne, that midget in Hamilton and so forth.
paul mara scored the GWG with 2second left to the game

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
We kept Darche over Boyd? Really? This is such a frustrating franchise to support sometimes. Darche hasn't been terrible but he is not ever going to be better than the bare minimum he brings to the team right now. Boyd is young and has potential. IF we needed to send down a player, I would have picked Darche. Ah well...

I wonder what this means for Ryan O'Byrne? Is he the next Hamilton-bound Hab? I really hope not.

On a related note, if the Habs are going to call up a player, I wonder if they'd consider bringing Pacioretty back, despite his recent comments. Give him a chance on the wing, second line, see what happens. He's got good speed and shoots well, big body too. Might be worth a try...
Darche has been one of the most effective players on the team, he simply brings it every night. Martin is in the business of winning games and Darche has played extremely well. This shouldn't even be a discussion. Boyd is -6 on the year and has looked pretty bad.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:28 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:

But to your observation, does that not make Darche extremely(term obviously used lightly) coveted? He's cheap. works hard, won't complain and is gone at the end of the year. You put down Darche and you lose him, maybe not going down, but if someone has injuries and you get him at half of the already low 500K. You get a roster player in your moment of need. Not the biggest Darche fan but you see he wants to give it his all. I find that works well on NHL 4th lines these days.

But I need to know does Boyd have to do re-entry waivers?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:31 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
LOL @ "He isn't even that good". Water isn't even that good until you're dieing in a desert is it.
Ryan White isn't performing very well at the AHL level, I don't understand why people want him so badly.
He won't do anything to change much on our team, just your typical bottom 6 grinder and we are already full of those. We honestly don't need another average bottom 6 player.

Old
11-08-2010, 06:33 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

We're making room for Cheechoo.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:

We aren't sending Boyd down, we are putting him on waivers. If he clears waivers, he won't be playing on the Bulldogs. Probably will be back with the Habs but with a lower cap hit, or something like that.

Old
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Darche has been one of the most effective players on the team, he simply brings it every night. Martin is in the business of winning games and Darche has played extremely well. This shouldn't even be a discussion. Boyd is -6 on the year and has looked pretty bad.
Boyd has been misused. He's not a fourth line player.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:47 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Boyd has been misused. He's not a fourth line player.
I don't argue with that but Darche has been the better player.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:49 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornwallcreeper View Post
We aren't sending Boyd down, we are putting him on waivers. If he clears waivers, he won't be playing on the Bulldogs. Probably will be back with the Habs but with a lower cap hit, or something like that.
No, he's going to play for the same cap hit. If it doesn't get claimed, which is likely, this will most probably be a HUGE wake-up call, as all 29 other teams will have passed on him.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:57 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
No, he's going to play for the same cap hit. If it doesn't get claimed, which is likely, this will most probably be a HUGE wake-up call, as all 29 other teams will have passed on him.
Doesn't clearing waivers affect a player's salary/cap hit?

Either way, he won't be with the Bulldogs so people should not consider that.

Old
11-08-2010, 06:58 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:

Why would he not be a bulldog?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Why would he not be a bulldog?
Jacques Martin said he would not be playing for the Bulldogs if he cleared waivers in a press release earlier today.

Old
11-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Lucius

Quote:

No, waivers has nothing to do with the cap.

Waivers can lead to being sent to the AHL, which eliminates the cap hit.

Waivers can also be used on recall. In that case, their cap hit and salary is divided in two between the claiming team and the old team. However, to be on recall the player needs to be assigned to the AHL, recalled to the NHL and either be on a one-way deal or a mammoth AHL deal, which is typically only veterans signed with the express purpose of playing in the AHL (Sanford, for example, I believe qualifies).

Simply passing through regular waivers though does absolutely nothing to the cap or even their status on the roster, except (I believe) that Boyd would be ineligible to play in the 24 hours between when he was waivers (this afternoon) and when he clears (tomorrow at noon).

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Waivers is hockey Limbo.

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
If he doesn't get called up he's going to AHL or we could call him back up on re-entry waivers where he could be picked up for cheaper by other teams.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2010, 07:18 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
No, waivers has nothing to do with the cap.

Waivers can lead to being sent to the AHL, which eliminates the cap hit.

Waivers can also be used on recall. In that case, their cap hit and salary is divided in two between the claiming team and the old team. However, to be on recall the player needs to be assigned to the AHL, recalled to the NHL and either be on a one-way deal or a mammoth AHL deal, which is typically only veterans signed with the express purpose of playing in the AHL (Sanford, for example, I believe qualifies).

Simply passing through regular waivers though does absolutely nothing to the cap or even their status on the roster, except (I believe) that Boyd would be ineligible to play in the 24 hours between when he was waivers (this afternoon) and when he clears (tomorrow at noon).
Thanks for the information man, didn't really know how the waivers worked if the player wasn't picked up or sent down. Good to know.

Old
11-08-2010, 07:20 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If he doesn't get called up he's going to AHL or we could call him back up on re-entry waivers where he could be picked up for cheaper by other teams.
Jacques Martin said Boyd would not be playing for the Bulldogs if he clears waivers. I read it earlier on NHL Gamecenter for my Android. They have edited the article but it still says he is likely to stay with the Habs if he clears. So who knows.

Old
11-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Jacques Martin said Boyd would not be playing for the Bulldogs if he clears waivers. I read it earlier on NHL Gamecenter for my Android. They have edited the article but it still says he is likely to stay with the Habs if he clears. So who knows.
So what is the point of all this?

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote